OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2011, 14:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Latest Galaxy rubbers back in stock, including some extra sponge hardness options:

Galaxy Moon 33deg, 36deg in 2.0mm and MAX
Galaxy Moon Pro 33deg, 36deg in 2.0mm and MAX
Galaxy Sun 33deg, 36deg in 2.0mm and MAX
Galaxy Sun Pro 33deg in 2.0mm and MAX
Apollo V2 Tuned in 33deg 2.0mm, and 36deg Max
Galaxy Mars V2 Tuned in 33deg 2.0mm, and 36deg Max
Galaxy Venus II 33deg, 36deg in 2.0mm and MAX

Donic Vario Clean Glue - I think it's one of the best VOC-free glues on the market, and I've finally stopped using rubber cement since I found this one. Comes in 37ml or 90ml bottle. 37ml will do at least 5 bats, 90ml more than 10 bats.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2011, 16:39 
Super User

Hi Alex - does that Donic Vario Clean Glue do a pretty good job of holding the rubbers down? I'm looking for some new glue once I use the last of my old Butterfly super long chack speed glue (don't worry, I let the rubber sit for a week so the glue evaporates before I use it!). If it gives a firm hold I'll have to pick up a bottle from you.

I tried that Syncro BTG stuff from Aussie Table Tennis, but it was rubbish in my opinion. Took forever to dry, wouldn't spread evenly, and my rubbers kept coming off too!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2011, 17:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes it's reasonably strong, although I've seen stronger ones, and I had no trouble with the strength of the Syncro either.

I've probably glued about 50 rubbers with this glue, and no issues with any of them. The only time you might have issues if (1) you blade is heavily varnished or (2) it's a Chinese hard sponged rubber with a strong dome.
I've glued plenty that had a Donic laquer layer, and this posed no problems, but some of the other varnishes )non-TT ones) have a very smooth finish, which might make it harder (I have not tried this).

Compared to the Syncro, it's spreads more easily as the syncro gets dry bits too easily when you brush it on (I've had this issues with almost all other latex-type glues but not the Vario). The syncro bottle I've seen also have a thick hard layer near the top inside the bottle, and the brush accumulated hard bits very quickly making it hard to spread. The syncro is a little easier to remove off the rubber too, so perhaps this means it's not as strong.