OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Avalox inverted rubbers
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 09:29 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Hi, I'd like to ask a few things:

Any differences between the black and red Pronte?

Does Pronte work better with glue, like Globe 999 National? Or will the sponge become too soft?

--

Sterco is supposedly a tensioned sheet, should I use water-based glue to maximize the effect (like in Platin?)

Any differences between black and red Sterco?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 10:07 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I recently bought 2 pieces of the Sterco Black 2.0mm off Alex. Tried one piece already on a one ply hinoki. I have never tried Platin before but coming from a Tenergy user, I find that my smashes and stroke play with the Sterco gives me more control. I have also played with Tibhar Nimbus Soft and Sound. I think it is very similar to the Nimbus Soft in terms of feel, power, speed, control etc. I actually like it for the fact that it got more of my smashes in. A simple pressing test of the different rubbers, I believe the Sterco is between the Nimbus Soft and Tenergy. All in all, a good rubber for the price considering the much higher prices of the Nimbus and Tenergy.

And oh, I use the Falco Water Glue for the Sterco. It works fine.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 10:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Cheers fattchoi!

Differences between red and black are like most rubbers, the black tends to be a little more grippy/tacky, the red a little faster. This tends to be more noticable with tacky rubbers like the Pronte.

The Pronte plays very nicely without glue, and did not get a great improvement with glue. The Sterco is designed to be used without speed glue as it has inbuilt effect. I don't think it matters what glue you use to attach to the blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 19:21 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Great, thanks guys. For Jap/Euro sheets, I don't notice much difference, unlike in Chinese sheets.

I was thinking of permanently shifting to water glue to protect my tensioned sheets.

Alex, how many sheets can you send in AUD16? (was that 500g worth?)

I was calculating for a bit, and it seems that I can match the price of Ekrips if I order around 5 of them Stercos...:lol:

---

A bit off topic -- do those Avalox blades HAVE to have those markings on the blade surface? (name, rating, number of plies, a small write-up)

Rumor has it that there's a local supplier selling fake Avalox blades. Anyone have a picture of the blade with it's container? (is it a box? a piece of plastic like in premades?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 20:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

All the original blades, P500, P700 and BT series come in plastic molded covering like some premades. All their new blades come in a proper box.

Yes i think it was 500g for registered.. if it's for yourself we can always take off some of the carton covers to reduce weight. They're not all that heavy though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 23:08 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Aye Alex, but I have a P500 which has no markings on either side of the blade! I still have the badge at the nailed at bottom of the handle, plus the clear round plastic thing near the butt of the handle...

Cheers -- that means around 5-7 sheets a shipment? Guesstimating uncut sheets to go around 65g ea., that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 00:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I've never seen one withoiut the markings, that does sound a little suspicious.

Yes 5, possible 6/7 sheets, remember the packing has weight too. I'll have to check for you when I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2008, 00:41 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Speaking of, I'll have to wait for October 11 for that. :lol:

---

Guess what? My other P500 doesn't have markings (the marketing write-up on the blade surface) -- but seems to be OK anyhow. Well, if they perform the same, it really isn't an issue to me.

---

Also, could you give me some cost figures for shipping weights greater than 500g? Maybe 700g as a blade plus maybe 4 sheets of rubber (with perhaps only 2 'rubber cartons')

Of course, that's when you get back. :wink: