OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 01:00 

i like that shirt too.

for me xxl of course... :oops:
but not a tibhar xxl... like a donic xxl.

i still have to see and understand how buy stuff from the shop to deliver in europe...

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 22:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ordered Sunday 2nd came Monday 10th, very good delivery. XXL shirt is as the size given in the dimensions.

I would've gone for xxxl if it had been available as I have quite broad shoulders. The material is very stetchy and light. It's probably equivalent to xxxl in Butterfly, but is also more stretchy than the Butterfly Tay shirt I bought in xxl, which was too small. I have xxl in Joola and donic which seem slightly larger and are a loose fit on me, but this is stretchy enough for it to still fit.

It's a lovely shirt, very stretchy and comfortable and I won't need to diet to wear it. Thanks Haggisv and Luna?

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 23:34 
Super User

I don't mean to disrespect but why is everyone here fat? I sorta envy you as I have no fat in my body :x

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 23:36 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I don't mind. More L sized shirts for me.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 12:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
antipip wrote:
Ordered Sunday 2nd came Monday 10th, very good delivery. XXL shirt is as the size given in the dimensions.

I would've gone for xxxl if it had been available as I have quite broad shoulders. The material is very stetchy and light. It's probably equivalent to xxxl in Butterfly, but is also more stretchy than the Butterfly Tay shirt I bought in xxl, which was too small. I have xxl in Joola and donic which seem slightly larger and are a loose fit on me, but this is stretchy enough for it to still fit.

It's a lovely shirt, very stretchy and comfortable and I won't need to diet to wear it. Thanks Haggisv and Luna?

Great to hear you like it! I think most people don't expect much for the price, and are pleasantly surprised... much better than the other way around I guess :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 12:32 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
What I'd really like is a review compared to brand name shirts, because this shirt already beats them in looks in my opinion.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 19:31 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
In my experience,

What's it like to wear:
The OOAK shirt feels lightweight. The material has a silky feel to it and when I play in it, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a shirt ie I don't notice it. Some of the cotton shirts I've got from Tibhar can start to feel heavy as I sweat and over time feel like they are hanging on me rather than me wearing them - probably because the cotton in them has stretched with time and seems to absorb sweat far more than the material this shirt is made from.

The collar feels comfortable and I don't notice it when playing.

The shirt is very comfortably and I often play in it for 2 hrs plus at a time without any feeling of discomfort - can't remember the shirt ever sticking to me. Don't know what it's made from as I can't find a label on it anywhere other than a small tag on the inside back of the collar which simply says the size ie "L".

Wear and tear:

Worn it about 4 times now - about 10 hours use in total. As there is no tag, there are also no guides as to how it should be washed - I use the quick wash setting 30 degree heat 800rpm spin cycle - takes about 30 mins to run but other people may find other settings work better for them so you're on your on with this one! That said, the shirt hasn't faded in colour with the washes it's had and the graphics haven't faded or smeared at all. With the shirt being lightweight and with a silky feel, almost like a micro fibre, I was a bit concerned about it plucking easily but I've not had any "runs" in it or plucked it yet. So far the shirt has kept it's shape well and none of the seams have frayed no stitching has come undone.

Looks
I've found the blue colour to be a little darker and more like a silk matt (in paint terms) than the photo suggests. I'm pleased about that as the blue and yellow work very well together.

I was a bit concerned when I unpacked it. It was wrapped in like a tissue paper and bits had stuck to the graphic print but these were easily wiped off.

It's also different from anything else used at the centre I play at. Quite a few people have commented on it and said it looks good (image isn't important to me, but I've never heard anyone comment about the shirts other players wear).

Conclusion:

When I first felt and it had that very light silky feel and I was worried about it's durability or build quality ie it felt so light almost fragile. However, compared to other sports shirts I've worn, I'd have to say that concern has so far been unfounded. It's lightweight, very comfortable (large fits me very well and I usually use small tibhar / medium stiga European fittings) and so far seems to be durable. My only regret is that it doesn't say OOAK Table Tennis "Forum". In my experience, the shirt holds it's own with the best of any other shirts I've worn for table tennis. The price is an added bonus.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 19:39 

Debater wrote:
In my experience,

What's it like to wear:
The OOAK shirt feels lightweight. The material has a silky feel to it and when I play in it, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a shirt ie I don't notice it. Some of the cotton shirts I've got from Tibhar can start to feel heavy as I sweat and over time feel like they are hanging on me rather than me wearing them - probably because the cotton in them has stretched with time and seems to absorb sweat far more than the material this shirt is made from.

The shirt is very comfortably and I often play in it for 2 hrs plus at a time without any feeling of discomfort - can't remember the shirt ever sticking to me. Don't know what it's made from as I can't find a label on it anywhere other than a small tag on the inside back of the collar which simply says the size ie "L".

Wear and tear:

Worn it about 4 times now - about 10 hours use in total. As there is no tag, there are also no guides as to how it should be washed - I use the quick wash setting 30 degree heat 800rpm spin cycle - takes about 30 mins to run but other people may find other settings work better for them so you're on your on with this one! That said, the shirt hasn't faded in colour with the washes it's had and the graphics haven't faded or smeared at all. With the shirt being lightweight and with a silky feel, almost like a micro fibre, I was a bit concerned about it plucking easily but I've not had any "runs" in it or plucked it yet. So far the shirt has kept it's shape well and none of the seams have frayed no stitching has come undone.

Looks
I've found the blue colour to be a little darker and more like a silk matt (in paint terms) than the photo suggests. I'm pleased about that as the blue and yellow work very well together.

I was a bit concerned when I unpacked it. It was wrapped in like a tissue paper and bits had stuck to the graphic print but these were easily wiped off.

It's also different from anything else used at the centre I play at. Quite a few people have commented on it and said it looks good (image isn't important to me, but I've never heard anyone comment about the shirts other players wear).

Conclusion:

When I first felt and it had that very light silky feel and I was worried about it's durability or build quality ie it felt so light almost fragile. However, compared to other sports shirts I've worn, I'd have to say that concern has so far been unfounded. It's lightweight, very comfortable (large fits me very well and I usually use small tibhar / medium stiga European fittings) and so far seems to be durable. My only regret is that it doesn't say OOAK Table Tennis "Forum". In my experience, the shirt holds it's own with the best of any other shirts I've worn for table tennis. The price is an added bonus.

*applause* Thank you very, very, much. Have you only worn cotton shirts to compare it to, or have to also worn polyester type ones similar to this that you can compare it to?

Last edited by Vinnie on 22 Aug 2009, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:21 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
VincentB wrote:
*applause* Thank you very, very, much. Have you only worn cotton shirts to compare it to, or have to also worn polyester type ones similar to this that you can compare it to?
Wear and tear:

For table tennis I have:

2 stiga poisedon shirts - described in the literature as micropolyester, but the label just says 100% polyester
1 stiga 100% polyester - don't know name of it but it has a collar and looks like the Stiga Power shirt
2 Joola 100% polyester - don't know the name, but this is the shirt most similar to the OOAK one in that it's a silky feel and the material density is very similar - hardly ever worn them as I bought the small size and they were too small or I've got too fat :oops:

plus some other cotton ones.

I'll try and post some photo's of what the material looks like when the OOAK shirt comes out of the

wash - I used it last night!

EDIT: I made this video a long time ago. Shirt hasn't faded, nor the graphics but I have managed to pluck it.

Last edited by Debater on 06 Apr 2013, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:28 

Thanks for your opinion!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
In my experience,

What's it like to wear:

Wear and tear:

Looks

Conclusion:

Wow great review, thanks Debater!

We now have a proforma for shirts too :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:32 

Yeah, when I asked for a review about the shirt, I wasn't expecting something that detailed!

Not saying that is a bad thing! :lol:

What would be good now is a few more different perspectives on the shirts.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think if you read through the 8 pages of this thread, you'll get plenty of different perspectives...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 20:44 

I didn't even notice the hefty amount of posts! This topic grew quickly!

I'll trawl through them all tomorrow then I suppose. :shock:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 07:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Spams posts deleted... Spammer often post a whole heap of dodgy links, so please do not 'quote' them or their links will remain even when I delete their posts. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next