OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 00:27 

Blade: Darker Speed 90
FH: Tibhar Grass D.Tecs OX
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 Max
North Sydney Leagues - Table Tennis Club is searching for players for the Sydney Northern Districts Table Tennis Association (SNDTTA) in spring season, for Grade AR. [intermediate to advanced level]. The Season commences in September until November 2010. We’re in northern Sydney NSW and playing with the teams in surrounding area such as Willoughby, Thornleigh, Hornsby and Forestville NSW.

This competition is a 3 person team format with six singles and three doubles matches. In a 3 person team all players play 4 matches: 2 singles and 2 doubles with different partners. If a 4th player is available, he or she can play 3 doubles, with different partners, instead of the others playing 2 doubles.

All N.Sydney home matches on Fridays to commence 7.30 pm utill about 10 pm.
All away matches start at 7.30 pm unless otherwise indicated on the draw.

If you think you are interested please come in on Thursday social night from 8 – 10 pm to see Ian Lam or Paul Thumachiewan. We are located near the gym area. The cost for the season is $55.00.

Come on give it a go! Sick of playing in the garage, why not challenge yourself and take up competition for one of the biggest clubs in the area.

Address: 12 Abbott St Cammeray NSW 2062
For more details please see below
http://www.sndtta.org.au

We are looking forward to see you soon

Paul Thumachiewan & Ian Lam

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 01:36 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Off topic - I plan on going there tmr night. What time does it open and close???

...and I play western districts and NS is too far for me... but hopefully I can play there social on weekends.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 01:42 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Just wondering why you are struggling to cover the numbers???

NS leagues is one of the strongest in the state??? surely you can bring in the lower A down a notch to AR.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 02:44 

@ speedplay - I'm quite new to the this, thanks for that.

@ metal monkey, sorry, we have only social night on Thursday night from 8-10 pm. We do not even have A team at the moment.
We were in the AR last year and some players dropped out and social players do not interested in comp, that why we are looking for more players. We're trying to form the team of 3-5 players.

Thanks
Paul

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 08:07 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Thanks for that paul, your quenlin shield (another league seperate to that of northern districts) team is so stronge, thats why I thought your A team is stronge.

Anyway i suggest to anyone that lives close to the city to participate and gain extra exp. Areserve level is lower Agrade and highB, and since its a leagues club, persons must be 18 or older.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 11:35 

metal monkey wrote:
Thanks for that paul, your quenlin shield (another league seperate to that of northern districts) team is so stronge, thats why I thought your A team is stronge.

Anyway i suggest to anyone that lives close to the city to participate and gain extra exp. Areserve level is lower Agrade and highB, and since its a leagues club, persons must be 18 or older.

Hi Metal monkey,

Yeah, just remembered that we have quenlin shield for n.Sydney but it's kind of separate from SNSTTA comp.
It is a good exp to play in the comp, the level is quite good as well. If you know anyone interested in, please let them know ,will be much appreciated. At the moment we got 2-3 players now, some players play for another club in this season, we are trying to form the team for N.Sydney next season.

Thanks
Paul

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 21:54 

I am interested, but I've never played at a club before. What kind of skills is a "Grade AR" player supposed to have?

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 15:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
luis wrote:
I am interested, but I've never played at a club before. What kind of skills is a "Grade AR" player supposed to have?

The only way to really know Luis is to go along and give it a go. Skills in any club grade are relative to the level of skill within that club, top-down. This thread is a bit old now, so perhaps Paul could update us on how the club is progressing, if he still visits here? Anyone else been to this club? Monkey?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 18:12 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I haven't been there in years... where abouts do you live so I can point you out clubs close to you.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 19:42 

Apologies--didn't notice this was from last year (or: still not used to being in 2011)! :)

I live in Manly and work in the CBD. Don't have a car so it would probably be easier to get to somewhere near the CBD as the public transport tends to be better.

Thanks!