OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
guy, you could have people thinking you won that match ;)

That's the beauty of good video editing! Can't beat em at the table, get em back in the editing lab!! :devil: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Just like scoring games... a good scorer always beats a good player... :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:23 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Retriever wrote:
Hi Greggy,

I can remember some years ago both players (if it is Wayne & Bill), coming out of the hall after their 1st NSW tournament back as "mature adults" having both been very good juniors & then not playing for a number of years. They both commented to each other that all that the umpires were picking them up on was the lack of ball toss on their serve, as if they both thought there were worse things being let go, not that I could see anything else glaringly obvious. Evidently this is still an issue for them at times ...

Regards

In the last set a lot of Wayne's serve tosses were hidden from the camera by his body, but I certainly saw one that looked like a 2 inch toss or less. Some appeared at the margin, but so quick that they appeared low. Its funny how some TT rules are followed to the letter and some get arbitrary air-time. I think the rules should simply allow for the umpire to ask for a re-serve when he believes the toss is too low or too angled. This would make them more likely to bring a poor toss to the players attention, than any there being penalty for a bad toss (which I think umpires feel is too harsh when they are not totally sure of what they saw - without benefit of video replay). Otherwise the ITTF should make a glove that must be worn on the free hand that has a sensor in it for distance and angle of ball from hand which beeps if the ball leaves the area too soon! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

haggisv wrote:
Just like scoring games... a good scorer always beats a good player... :lol:

A baseball bat does a pretty good job of beating a good player too! :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:52 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
guy, you could have people thinking you won that match ;)

That's the beauty of good video editing! Can't beat em at the table, get em back in the editing lab!! :devil: :lol: :lol:

I knew I should have used more copy and paste..

Spare 2 - Tamca Gergely - Focus III 755-2

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 13:05 
Super User

Guyschul make sure our highlights include my good shots not just yours ha ha

You played some great shots in the games I saw including some blinders against me!!!

Greggy

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 13:40 

hi greggy, Our game went for about 40 minutes from memory, so I have plenty of footage to go through. I do remember some great ralleys, and some blinders, they're in there somewhere :) I might even get some of the evil greggy grin when you konw you tricked me .. :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 14:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
guyschul wrote:
I might even get some of the evil greggy grin when you konw you tricked me .. :lol:

I know that that grin! :envy: :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 14:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

guyschul wrote:
hi greggy, Our game went for about 40 minutes from memory, so I have plenty of footage to go through. I do remember some great ralleys, and some blinders, they're in there somewhere :) I might even get some of the evil greggy grin when you konw you tricked me .. :lol:

I suppose it would be too hard to load it unedited from a broadband perspective, but would be great to see! ;)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 20:32 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
This year I got to meet 2 forum members: haggisv & guyschul.

I saw the two of you having a hit, but did not have the time to hit up, as my team had a match scheduled at 1 pm that day, so needed to warm up myself.

We got Silver in the teams event. NZ got Gold and NSW got the Bronze. Looking forward to Canberra next year and meeting more forum members and maybe improved on my match statistics.

Thanks Greggy for saying that my game has improved.... slow baby steps, but I think I'm getting there. New Zealand for the 2014 World Veterans Tournament, that would be something to look forward to.... should start saving now :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 20:58 

Great work Arlene on the Silver.
I am planning the NZ trip for Easter, I need to finish what I started with greggy :D..
Also aiming for canberra next year, I think accomodation is going to be a nightmare.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 21:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hopefully we can meet at the table for the first time in competition sometime next year Arlene if I manage a tourney or 2. That would be fun! I'd love to compete in a Vets Champs one of these days, so I guess I'm going to have to play more Vets to do it. |( :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 10:02 

Might try to see you around in some of the tourneys too. My doubles partner isn't a veteran for a while, but we are getting some good wins. Might travel around next year for some events.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 14:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

guyschul wrote:
Might try to see you around in some of the tourneys too. My doubles partner isn't a veteran for a while, but we are getting some good wins. Might travel around next year for some events.

That'd be great Guy! If you like playing against pips I'm around Chris's level. If you don't, I'm way higher :devil: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 16:58 

Some great rallies in your video there Guy. You hit quite a number of those forehands past me as well.

BTW, I'm James from the SA O40 team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next