OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 04:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 19:03 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Sreongpong you look like you had a pretty good Vets Champs from your results. Did you beat anyone you totally expected to lose to? Looks like the greatest battle was with the other SA team. Was that cos they know your game?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 20:54 

Strongpong - I remember you well. You were certainly too good both times we played. If I lost a game, I would try to bring something out of it, even if it was a single shot. All of you guys have given me something work on with parts of my game. Look forward to playing you again in the future. I have video of both of our games as well.

Spare 2 - Tamca Gergely - Focus III 755-2

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 21:31 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

guyschul wrote:
I have video of both of our games as well.

So let us see! 8) :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 08:13 
Super User

HI James I remember you, you played my team in the 40's but I did not play that round.

You are a good player alright and I thought you should have been in your top team.

I think we would have had a good game like my games against GuySch, We had two very strong players in our team and myself and the other player are about the same, so a good match up should have happened. Maybe next team. I lost a very close match 14-12 in the 5th to one of the brothers from the top team and I won the 4 th 11-1, then the lights when out we had to change tables and I was up 6-2 in the 5th but could not close him down enough to win. That would have put me into main draw for 40's. I had already lost to Brian berry in the 50's ( but beat Thomas Woltman 3-0 )

Cheers

Greggy ( from NZ 40's team )

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:27 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Sreongpong you look like you had a pretty good Vets Champs from your results. Did you beat anyone you totally expected to lose to? Looks like the greatest battle was with the other SA team. Was that cos they know your game?

Hi Reb,
I was quite pleased with my results overall. This was my first Vets and I felt unsettled during the first couple of sessions, bit stuck in the headlights. Once I got a win under my belt I relaxed more and started to move better and flow more with the rallies.
I didn't have any expectations really as I hadn't seen or played against the Vet guys before. Took each match as it came.
Yeah the other SA team know my game and they all use a similar tactic against me. It becomes a struggle as to who can enforce their game the most. I should have won all 3 matches in that one. In the game I lost I was 2 - 0 up and playing well then had a big mental holiday. Concentration went on me completely and just simply couldn't put things together.

All in all though, great week of table tennis. Get to play a lot of tough matches, with a friendly and sociable atmosphere around the courts.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:33 

guyschul wrote:
If I lost a game, I would try to bring something out of it, even if it was a single shot. All of you guys have given me something work on with parts of my game. Look forward to playing you again in the future.

You've hit the nail on the head. It's a table tennis intensive where you really get to find out where your strengths and weaknesses lie. I too have come away with some (many?) areas I need to work on. It has boosted my motivation and given me a clear direction in what I need to be doing in training.

I also look forward to playing yourself and others again, a good experience all round.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:41 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

OK Strongpong, now the next obvious question is how often have you played Haggisv and how do you fare against him? ;) :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:41 

Hi Greggy,

Thanks for the kind words. We played against each other in the double didn't we, or am I confusing you with someone else ? Maybe next year we will get to play a match.

Sounds like you had some good wins and tough matches. I havn't had a chance to look over the results yet, hopefully soon.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:47 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
OK Strongpong, now the next obvious question is how often have you played Haggisv and how do you fare against him? ;) :lol:

Ahhhh, the infamous haggisv. Strangely enough we have never played each other in competition, but occasionally get to have a hit on a practice/social session on a Saturday.

We have tight matches and good practice sessions, but overall I would have to give haggis the edge. His serves and spin variations are hard to handle and I have to play with intense concentration to get sets off of him.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 13:58 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

strongpong wrote:
Hi Greggy,

Thanks for the kind words. We played against each other in the double didn't we, or am I confusing you with someone else ? Maybe next year we will get to play a match.

Sounds like you had some good wins and tough matches. I havn't had a chance to look over the results yet, hopefully soon.

I saw you did indeed play Greggy in the doubles against NZ! Your memory is on the money! ;)

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 14:46 
Super User

Yes I think I played the doubles, Crazy but I do not know RebornTTEvnglist.

Sorry who are you???

Did we play? Did you play? or watch?

After my hit with haggisv yes he is a spiny creature I was not worries about the pips but that FH was mean but if he spin to my Pips he was in trouble on the return.

Maybe we could met up in Canberra??

Hope to bring big Kiwi group next year, after our women's huge success next year both men and women might do well.

PS I coach the women's teams and players, so I claim all their success's as mine victories Hee Hee

Greggy

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 15:57 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Greggy wrote:
Yes I think I played the doubles, Crazy but I do not know RebornTTEvnglist.

Sorry who are you???

Did we play? Did you play? or watch?

Now I could have fun with this Greggy, but when I said I saw, I meant I saw on the results sheets, not live :lol:

No we haven't met so you are not going crazy lol. We certainly have met mutual people, many of them I am sure. PingpongRob would be one. Case De Bondt I am sure you would have met. Supachop probably you've met? And then a host of other possibilities. Have you met Arlene for example?

Let's see what next year brings. I'd love to come to Canberra and play. ;)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 20:49 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
I can indeed vouch that Greggy is a terrific coach. A year ago I was 2-0 up against one of the NZ players, she rallied the game to 2-2. In the 5th I was 8-3 up, I can see victory so close, but then Greggy came and called a time-out.... I lost that match and the same thing happened to my team mate... never underestimate the power of a very good coach.

If ever you relocate to Victoria Greggy, I want you on my side :)

Reborn plays in Dandenong and occasionally makes the rare appearance in Veterans tournament. It would be good if he can be a regular player on the scene. Very nice, jovial fellow.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 06:47 
Super User

Thanks Arlene for your nice comments, I take great care and pride in my bench coaching. I feel a good bench coach can turn a game around for many players.

The formula of course is a great secret, but sometimes just being there is enough. Sadly it appears all the rest of the men's team could not find the time to assist the women players so I fee it is my role to do this. I have even helped some of my Aussie female friends if they are not playing Kiwi's.

But again your game has improved heaps, if you want a little bit of feedback on how you can improve more without much effect let me know.

Gregg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!