OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 13:30 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

This year I have been playing in the Auckland interclub competion,
It runs on 5 week cycles of 6 x 2 men teams from Premier, A ,B C ,D E and F grades ,all grades are competative and we play two singles best of 7 and a doubles, and the beauty of the comp is that 2 teams go up a grade at the end of the cycle 2 go down and 2 Stay in the grade , so you are always trying to at least stay in the grade at the same time trying to win and be watching your back so you don't slip down a grade, last year my ex partner and me won the D grade mainly because I came in as a fill-in and was probly too strong for that grade but we still had to fight hard each week, and although I had been playing good in C and D grades my partner couldn't get enough wins in the C grade to help us go up in grades, so I introduced a extra player ( a 12y old National age group champion ) because he was always mucking about and I wanted someone who could help me to get to my highest level possible and at the same time help him play weekly to his potenial.
So we managed to get into B grade on a count back 2 rounds ago and then managed to survive B grade on countback again. This bought us to the Chamionship round which we won with me getting 50% singles ,my team-mate getting 100% wins and together 40% doubles but we went tru unbeaten to qualify for A grade
I love the system because there is something on the line each week and work hard to achieve goals,

The premiers consists of mainly National players, then A mainly high level players not wanting to go down to B but never surviving in the premiers.
So unlike REBS system of having A1 A2...A4 B1 B2- B4, we have true grades with many B teams still falling down to D grade and not getting back up and teams going up /down on a constant matter

I was also playing at another venue that had grades like prem1 prem2 Areserve1 A reserve2 A reserve3 etc, which just means prems to D lol

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 13:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ahem, sorry? True grades? Nothing untrue about our grades! Just reflects a stronger competition. All players in our A grade are A grade players. I would put our A5 up against any other clubs A grade that is not split into separate divisions of A grade due to overall strength. You have what you call Premier division because the players are stronger than A grade. Well we have A1, A2 etc for the same reason...and I would put our A1 and our A2 up against your premier division any day. I doubt our A3-A5 would fall below your A grade players. But let's say we called our A5 "E" grade, shall we? And we came there with our E graders against your E grade and thrashed the pants off them. And we did the same with our other grades including our A1 playing your A grade. It would be a massacre and you would be crying out that we stacked our sides. NO! Its just the strength of our club that demands this kind of divisions.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 13:59 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Ahem, sorry? True grades? Nothing untrue about our grades! Just reflects a stronger competition. All players in our A grade are A grade players. I would put our A5 up against any other clubs A grade that is not split into separate divisions of A grade due to overall strength. You have what you call Premier division because the players are stronger than A grade. Well we have A1, A2 etc for the same reason...and I would put our A1 and our A2 up against your premier division any day. I doubt our A3-A5 would fall below your A grade players. But let's say we called our A5 "E" grade, shall we? And we came there with our E graders against your E grade and thrashed the pants off them. And we did the same with our other grades including our A1 playing your A grade. It would be a massacre and you would be crying out that we stacked our sides. NO! Its just the strength of our club that demands this kind of divisions.

hahaha yes the the more players means higher level players etc but our Auckland prems are truely most of the best players in the Country who played in the Aussie open beating James Han, Oceania jnr Champions, National Champions, etc and then it is a bit of a step down to A, (which could be including me but maybe not if they consolidate teams down) as the spring/summer round dosn't have a prems division so Im trying to still get them to give us at least 1 go in the A grade lol, So instead of justifying your E team say well done lol

Also I found a better way to improve my performance ..... get yourself a National Champion Jnr to win all thier games

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011, 14:52 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
Also I found a better way to improve my performance ..... get yourself a National Champion Jnr to win all thier games

Well I was being kind to you and not mentioning your treachory :P ...but yes well done to your teammate!! :up: :lol: (and to you if you contributed? :^) )

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.