OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 16:50 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Im off to the NZ TT open 2011 on Tuesday, I'm in West Aucklands top team (we havn't got too many super stars this year)
and we have a play-off with another team to get into the B grade or C grade, I don't do to many team events but I do enjoy them, then Ive entered B and C grade doubles and singles and over 30 singles and doubles
So it should be a fun times down in Palmy North, If any non posting members on here please come and make yourselves known
http://www.tabletennis.org.nz/ and wish me luck

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Sounds like fun! And you even managed to get a seeding in the MEN's section this time! :lol:

Expect a full report!!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 06:12 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Sounds like fun! And you even managed to get a seeding in the MEN's section this time! :lol:

Expect a full report!!

Yes sir, Im the only rightie out of 6 players in our two teams, The funny thing is that I thought I would be practicing alot in the weeks before but its just been the opposite and I have hardly played lol
Ive never realy done any training before in my whole life (well it would add up to around 20 hours ) spread over 30 years
I should train but I just like playing games more

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 12:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good luck rodderz!

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 13:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

rodderz wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Expect a full report!!

Yes sir, Im the only rightie out of 6 players in our two teams, The funny thing is that I thought I would be practicing alot in the weeks before but its just been the opposite and I have hardly played lol
Ive never realy done any training before in my whole life (well it would add up to around 20 hours ) spread over 30 years
I should train but I just like playing games more

Well if you play games with the right attitude and intent, it can be pretty good training anyway. Training is more effective if you enjoy it!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 18:06 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:
Good luck rodderz!

Many thanks, I don't know if ill have a computr for the week so Ill post my results when I come back

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 08:34 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I forgot to come back to this
I was in a 3 person team reprenting West Auckland (Waitamata TT) we were to play off between B and C grades but didn't have to in the end so went straight to B grade
we lost our first round 3-4 with each member winning a singles , then we lost 3-4 with each member winning a singles
then we lost 3-4 with two of us winning some singles then we won 5-2 with two of us winning both singles and then another 3-4 loss, I think some practice with doubles would have been helpful lol

I entered National B and C grades (singles and doubles) and over 30's singles and doubles , I think we got to a semi in 2 doubles and I got pipped in the quarter final of the C grade

Our grades in singles go like this:
A grade (anyone in the top 25 of NZ)
B grade (anyone in the top 100 in NZ)
and C grade (anyone in the Top 200 in NZ) you can enter your grade and above
By the end of the competion I had played 31 games and improved my National ranking by about 30 places or about 57 rating points , so not too bad for an over 50yo, I did have games where I should have could have won and others where I think I was either lucky or played fantastic to win
but on the whole it was great fun, some information below
http://www.tabletennis.org.nz

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 09:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Top 200 in NZ? Do you even have that many players? :P

Does Greggy rate in A grade nationally?

Sounds like you had fun. Was that 31 sets or matches? Over just one day? I guess it was sets. :D

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 10:53 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Top 200 in NZ? Do you even have that many players? :P

Does Greggy rate in A grade nationally?

Sounds like you had fun. Was that 31 sets or matches? Over just one day? I guess it was sets. :D

Hi Greggy is C grade ranked around the 120 mark and Im 175 lol, the event was over 5 days so I played 31/32 matches or around 120 games

When playing these sort of events its the lowly rated Jnrs who can trim you up lol, my young friend in our other team collected nearly 280 rating points at the Nationals alone or went up 400 places year to date

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 13:53 
Super User

Good effect Rodderz, did you play our Canty number two team?

Because of the losing of the nationals form canty not people were geared up to travel so not many went.

BTW yes I am 120 in NZ on 865 points but I used to have 1100 but somehow I lost all my points, TTNZ said they were regrading players as they played events. Funny I remember I when to an event lost to no body below me beat two players above me and I almost halved in rating points. In Oceania I still nearly 1000 points so I have no Idea.

Gric the overlord

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 14:48 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Greggy wrote:
Good effect Rodderz, did you play our Canty number two team?

Because of the losing of the nationals form canty not people were geared up to travel so not many went.

BTW yes I am 120 in NZ on 865 points but I used to have 1100 but somehow I lost all my points, TTNZ said they were regrading players as they played events. Funny I remember I when to an event lost to no body below me beat two players above me and I almost halved in rating points. In Oceania I still nearly 1000 points so I have no Idea.

Gric the overlord

yes some funny things do happen in the ratings, I have a friend who has played about 4 or 5 events but not won too many now has a ranking just under you lol, I would have been No1 seed for the D grade as my ranking was about 206 , but I would have been nuts to enter lol against the many under-rated kids, so going higher was the key :up: I can only remember 1 Canty team of Ye sin lin , simon and Malcomn D in the A, and they were good untill the semi against Auckland
my best win was against my driver Ebi lol
I might to the NZ Veterans in Palmy next year