OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:10 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Our Korean Foreigner's TTC did a warmup tourney at a local club (Sky TTC) in preparation for the big regional tourney happening the following day. There were a ton of under-rated jokers, like a div 3 playing div 5, but that is how you roll sometimes. One of our club members couldn't make it to the venue in time to get into the tourney. Bad break, he prolly would have won it all. Our TT superstars all advanced, but fell to the most under-rated ones. I had to deal with that too. I met a woman who plays OX LP on BH and very aggressively punches the ball to deprive you of time and can place it well. she also has a rocket of a FH to kill you if you give her a loose ball on the FH. She would give Pushblocker some major problems. I had to give her a 2 point handicap each game and I NEVER ever before defeated her playing straight up, I lost 2-3 both times before. Now, with spotting her 2 pts a game how did it go? I played the best tactical game of my life adn won out 11-9 in the 5th set. I ended up crashing out in the final to a lifelong TT athlete who got rated in div 5. (Dude would be be div 2 in our regional tourney tomarrow minimum)

Still, all went well. My objectives for this tourney were pretty easy. I wanted to show our Foreigners TTC to our city players. I wanted to wear our new jersey and represent our KFTTC and our sponsor proudly. I wanted to get my body loose for tomarrow's regional tourney. I wanted to meet some more TT players. I wanted to drink a few beers, relax, eat some peanuts, play a few matches, and get my mind loose for tomarrow. I wanted to be ready to not get bent out of shape over anything, so i could perform tomarrow. Making the final was way more than I was shooting for as there are too many under-rated ones in the field, like 2-3 divisions under-rated. I managed to play all my matches under control and not blow any fuses. That happens very rarely and it happened today. we also had a great dinner of Samgyupsal afterwards.

I load a few pics of the action. I traded away my Andro rubber for a 6 pack of tourney balls. I got enough rubberz.

Our Korean Foreigner's TTC members, minus Joel. Mike, me, Neil, Ming, and David from Iceland natl team.

The venue with Neil in background playing a crossover match.

Our KFTTC members waiting for matches

Joel watching the action. Joel is a TT superstar and has made quite a name for himself here as a foreigner in Korea. He couldn't get into this tourney. Joel is expected to win div 1 of the regional tourney tomarrow and help our "A" team win.

Der_Echte gets his Andro rubber for crashing out in the finals. Gave away rubber for tourney balls. Good trade.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 12:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Great post Der!

It's starting to get cold here in Canada and some TT stories of adventure, strategy and comradeship is MUCH appreciated!

Good luck with the tournament!

(I play at the Korean Association here in my city, the guys are SUPER friendly. Almost all of them are J-Pen players.)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 15:24 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Got another pack of pics and story for the TDC Regional tourney. I got 3rd in div 2 doubles and 2 of our team won 1st & 2nd place in Div 1, plus 2nd in Div 1 mens doubles.

Pics and more detail later tonight.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 15:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
I look forward to more pics and details, these are enjoyable! :party:

P.S. The black guy with the hair stripe, is that from an orange ball grazing his head on a high bounce smash? :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 16:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
WTG Der_Echte! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like a friendly bunch of guys too! :up: