OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 11:46 

Thanks for asking Reb.

Think I played about 10 matches in the day across various events. My deepest run was making the semifinal of Div 4 singles. Ended up losing in the 5th set to a wheelchair player with LPs on the backhand. Still fairly happy with that match though as I usually don't do well against LPs.

Apart from that, it was a mixed day. Played some matches well and some badly. Occasionally I was able to put together a good set in an otherwise ordinary match. Highlights included playing Brian Berry. I lost in straight sets but got some decent third ball attacks in. I was impressed by how fast he was, and your serves really have to be perfect otherwise he tees off on them too. Lowlights included getting beaten by Barak Mizrachi again in straight sets. Was hoping I would have gotten a little closer to at least taking a set but actually felt like the gap has widened since I last played him in July. :-(

Overall, it was a good learning experience in terms of pulling myself of a hole mentally after a bad set/match and trying to focus on the current situation. It's definitely a skill I need to learn as I can be pretty critical of my own game sometimes.

Ended the day with a recovery sequence of hot and cold water immersion. That was a new experience. It involved alternating 3 minutes each under a cold shower and a warm spa bath. Apparently the number of repetitions isn't that important as long as you start and finish with the cold. Not sure of the exact science behind it but supposedly it alleviates muscle soreness after physical exertion. Maybe it was my imagination but I think I felt more soreness afterwards than before! I think I'll stick with my usual stretching regime after play for the time being :-D

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 11:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Playing Brian would certainly have been an experience for you. He saw me play at Mornington Vets and said he'd have to watch out in future for how I use the pips if he meets me in a future vets. I think I could take quite a few points off him, but I doubt I'm yet anywhere near a place where he'd have to worry too much :devil: :lol:

I've seen Barak play in vid against my friend Ed Cotter. He doesn't look too slouchy, even if he had nothing on Ed. ;) I took 2 sets off Ed on Sunday in a friendly best of 5, but in competition I doubt I'd get anywhere near that.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!