OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 09:54 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
I have been vocal in saying that I want to be the number one in our club. Have done it on weekly mini tournament but tomorrow is different. This time it's official.

It will be our local tourney consisting of 20-25 players of different status. I have been playing in two clubs and will play in the first one as mentioned above. I hope that my experience and practice would coast me through.

Although I crammed in practice ( 2 weeks ), I got positive results. Time to rest today and tomorrow, I'll bring my A game :D .

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 10:12 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

+1

Do your best! I think it's something we all aspire to. Sending some good vibes ---> :*: :*: :*:

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 10:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good luck Red_lion! Don't give yourself any added pressure to get top spot. ;)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 10:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Go Red, bring home the bacon!! :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 11:00 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm a silent person and I find it helping to be a bit cocky sometimes.

My confidence is quite high because I have been executing the shots I wanted. Just a bit of luck to hopefully bag the title.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 07:25 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Best of luck for you :up:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 15:44 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Is it a bit too late? Ah nevermind..

Roar, Sir Red, Roar!

Could only wish you the best Sir, go for it and win like a KING!
:up: :up:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 21:25 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Red_lion wrote:
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm a silent person and I find it helping to be a bit cocky sometimes.

My confidence is quite high because I have been executing the shots I wanted. Just a bit of luck to hopefully bag the title.

No matter what happened in the tourney you have "bagged a title" here....take a look at your new custom title! ;) :up: :clap:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 13:11 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Thanks for all the support guys. I have posted 1 whole page of narration but I lost it in my network connection! :@ .

I'll try to compose it again in a shorter version.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 13:40 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

I practically played just to survive. That how I'll summarize my play last Saturday.

I came early with all the necessary preparation. I'm quite confident that day and a little bit cocky. My mindset : I'll crushed my opponent in my group to send a strong message.

We were grouped in to 4 consisting of 4 to 5 player each group for the elimination. I believed I prepared and brought everthing in the venue except for one thing: my offense. My offense abandoned me and I felt I left it at the practice venue.

Here it goes.

My first game was againts a lefty college varsity. Too eager to crushed him early, I unleashed a barrage of loop and smash at the start of the set to set the tone early. What barrage of spin eh? Everthing went wrong and came flying long. My shots and pushes were flying at least an inch off the table. While my opponents loop is practically 100% accurate and I was not able to blocked them! I eventually loss the 1st set 11-5. What a start. I took the break to reflect and decided to mellow down. I improved my shot selection in the 2nd set for my offense but still, it did not went through. I loss again 11-7.

Alibis started filling my head ( table is too bouncy, my shoes is too tight, my rubber is worn out etc etc ) and a sense of panic is starting to sink in. I can't loose on my first official tourney of the year. I'm trying to analyze why my offense did not materialize. But I'm short of time and had to start the 3rd set.

I barely survive 3rd set. I played passive relying on my chop and block. This time I was able to adjust to my opponents attack practically returing his loops. I claimed 3rd set 11-8. I told myself this is the break I'm waiting for and claimed set 4 and 5 using the same strategy. ( pathetic strategy : an offensive player playing defense ). And I know I got lucky winning 3-2.

Succeeding two games is played similarly. I became defense oriented overnight. Games were extended to 5 sets due do my wrong doing. I did not capitalize on my opponents weakness because I have no offense. I still came on top of my bracket without losses and headed to quarterfinals. I call this lucky break.

My quarterfinals was againts a defensive player with Joola Amy Control on forehand and TSP Curl P1 on Bh and using a sardius blade. He has an accurate flat drive. I practically toyed with him even without my offense and won 3-1.

Somehow, my lack of offense showed in the semifinals. Without strong and accurate loop, I loss 3-1. I came to play for survival. I don't know why on the most important day, my offense abandoned me. The one who defeated me practically became the champion.

I played for 3rd place using the same strategy. Again, I did not crushed my opponent but barely survived 3-2. I played strategic defensive game to survive.

I did not claim the top spot. On a positive note, I could play defense. I'm disappointed with my offense and will work it out..

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 13:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Take the positives from it Red. You adapted to win most your matches, despite your offense leaving you. You learned a new strategy. You have a new OOAK title. You came 3rd, which isn't too bad when you weren't on top of your game. Did I mention you have a custom OOAK title? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 14:34 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Yes Reb.. I red it in one of the topic.

My sincere gratitude to you and OOAK community.. Roar ( raw ) talent is quite appropriate. Hopefully, I could enhanced this talent further. :rock: