OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 14:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
foam wrote:
Lol it'll be blades down and a stern pissoff out of here if a rebcam comes out during that match. If it's for your own personal interest we can arrange something later in the day when it's not for sheep stations :-0

Agreed!! :up:

Don't worry. Oskar knows the drill! ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 14:55 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Dammit. :( I guess this means the live-streaming is a no go as well. :'(

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 15:51 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

carbonman wrote:

8) who knows 8)

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 16:18 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I'm sure a live stream from the grandstand and some live twitter updates are all good :!)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 17:03 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

carbonman wrote:

You've seen plenty of better players than us! You won't be missing much. :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 05:32 

Okay, it's 5.55 am. Been up since 5.20 am. Didn't sleep too well. Probably too much serving practice in my head while lying in bed last night. Feel okay, except now the nerves are real. Won't blame the coffee just yet. Maybe it's the excitement of the impending carnival of TT; the joy of finally meeting real people behind their forum disguises. Sure, I'll want to take photos and/or video, but I'll certainly respect the wishes of said forum members with regard to posting anything on here. I'd love to, but ...

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 06:05 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

haha I had crazy bad nightmares, woke up in a cold sweet a couple times in the middle of the night, nothing to do with the fear of playing Reb :p, just random because I took a pain killer last for my random injuries last night, which hasn't seemed to do anything other than play funny buggers with my mind, nice and calm and collected now that I'm actually awake though.

Just about to leave now (6.30am)

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 08:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I'm awake earlier than intended, but actually slept reasonably well, just a bit less than I'd have liked :^)

Still, after I drive to my teammates place, he becomes chauffeur to Geelong. So will hopefully be nice and relaxed to play Foam. Although that actually won't happen until this afternoon I think. Got to get some doubles in before then. Good luck to everyone playing including Foam (except not too much luck when it comes to me thanks :lol: ).

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 08:28 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Oskar wrote:
Okay, it's 5.55 am. Been up since 5.20 am. Didn't sleep too well. Probably too much serving practice in my head while lying in bed last night. Feel okay, except now the nerves are real. Won't blame the coffee just yet. Maybe it's the excitement of the impending carnival of TT; the joy of finally meeting real people behind their forum disguises. Sure, I'll want to take photos and/or video, but I'll certainly respect the wishes of said forum members with regard to posting anything on here. I'd love to, but ...

yes you should have tried a "Foam" "Reb" ...........I mean bed

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 14:11 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Where are the updates and results from our men on the ground?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
yes, how did you go guys?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:57 

OK, I'm first to report! It was great to meet Foam, Reb and Najay, great guys. My head was in a bit of a spin being wracked with nerves being my first tournament so I don't know too much about the others, but I'm pretty sure Foam beat Reb in their first round match up, although I believe it was close. I really wanted a bit of a drill against a different player to my usual so I had a friendly hit with Foam. I think this was to Foams advantage as I have Pogo LP on my backhand just like Reb so he got a bit of experience with them.

First round on Div 5 I faced Najay, what a good sport. He beat me, as I expected, but at least I gave him a game and not a walkover. Div 3 I faced a Ballarat player ranked about 1000, pips penholder and I had no chance, very wierd to play against and I was a bundle of nerves. Very friendly though, as were the 1500 rated Open O40's who predictably made short work of me, although I did get 9 points in one game, although I suspect they went easy on me. Anyway, not humiliated, and that took my nerves away.

I faced a 700 rated player in Div 4 and really felt my game was coming together. She hated my pips, but even when it went to counter-rallies I seemed to do everything right and was ahead 2-0. She fought back and I seemed to lose my groove and she got more used to the pips to take the next 2 sets. In the last I brought it together again and played my 5th ball "drill to win" attack strategy more consistently, and managed the last set convincingly! I felt her frustration and I allowed it to give me more power and confidence, deliberately trying to increase her frustration with the shots and variety I played.

My final match was with another Div 4 player rated a little above 800 which went close at times, I got a set off him and the others I scored 7 or 9 or therabouts, so I felt my win beforehand was not just a fluke. So a great boost in confidence to go into the pennant tomorrow.

Oskar faced Najay in the final of Div 5 and a very well fought match with some excellent long rallies, they have similar styles; it was close again but Najay was just more solid on the day and won 3-1.

Fantastic day. Kudos to the Geelong association for a very well organised tournament.

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 20:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I'm currently writing up a report in a new thread of how the day went for me. You'll see it soon enough :P

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 20:09 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Well I won div 3 and runner up in div 2, beat quite a few 1200 and 1300 point players today so I'll be well into div2 next rating list. Played awesome and well above my normal level so I'm very happy with today. I'll write more later but carbon man I lost to the 2nd guy iny o40 round robin but worked out a weekness late in the match and then beat him in 3 games in div2. In the o40's he got me 11-9 in the 5th

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 20:12 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Sounds like you played off your face Foam - well done. I look forward to your full report.

How did you go against the 1500 player in the RR?

Did you and Reb re-enact your match for the cameras?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next