OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 12:26 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

The only aspect of your game I wanted to pull you up on was your taunting ... :lol: But I wasn't sure under which regulation this fell under, especially now that I know you're such a stickler for the rules. 8) I suspect you have a future in this area because of your dogged ability to clarify the sleeveless shirt issue so quickly and diplomatically! :clap:

Anyway, I enjoyed my 3 or 4 umpiring duties yesterday and, like anything in life, the more I do it the better I'll become. Sure, I can be a little sensitive, but rest assured my tongue is often firmly planted in my cheek!

Again, it was great to meet you and see that even darksiders are sociable, friendly and light-hearted. We will have that hit together sooner than later, mate!!! :Chop: :topspin:

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 12:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
carbonman wrote:
wow thats a great win for wayne and a huge upset. an idea who beat BB, Jeff D and Phil W in the over 50s?

Wayne beat Jeff in the semi. -5, 6, -5, 9, 10. He beat BB in third round 4, 5, 9. So he must've been on fire!! I've seen him play on vid and I have a feeling I saw him playing the match against BB as I headed down to play one of my matches. I remember seeing him take BB down in a play and thinking gees that guy looks good, not realising who he was at the time.

Phil W was beaten by Thuc Mai 7, -7, 3, -8, 9.

While I'm looking at the scores, BB beat Jeff to make the O40's final 5, -9, 7, 2.

BP beat Phil -9, 2, 8, 7 in their semi. Phil had beaten Thuc Mai to get there.

Did I mention we almost took a set off Jeff D and David P in the O40's doubles! :P :lol: :lol:

We had set point 10-9, they got it back to deuce and from then on it was all she wrote. Jeff is a great player!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 12:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Oskar wrote:
The only aspect of your game I wanted to pull you up on was your taunting ... :lol: But I wasn't sure under which regulation this fell under, especially now that I know you're such a stickler for the rules. 8) I suspect you have a future in this area because of your dogged ability to clarify the sleeveless shirt issue so quickly and diplomatically! :clap:

Anyway, I enjoyed my 3 or 4 umpiring duties yesterday and, like anything in life, the more I do it the better I'll become. Sure, I can be a little sensitive, but rest assured my tongue is often firmly planted in my cheek!

Again, it was great to meet you and see that even darksiders are sociable, friendly and light-hearted. We will have that hit together sooner than later, mate!!! :Chop: :topspin:

Taunting? Me? Never!!! :P :oops: :lol:

I don't know if you heard, but the main ref was over-ruled by one of his sub-ords on the sleeveless shirt issue, which was why E was allowed to put it back on. I was talking with one of the official umps and asked him why he wasn't allowed wear it and he said the Ref had made a mistake! :clap:

I hope you didn't take me blaming you for my loss to Foam seriously! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Cos believe me, that came from a very tongue in cheek place if I didn't make it obvious enough at the time. :D :D

Btw, I briefly met your missus if she didn't tell you already. What a lovely lady! She seemed to know who I was and I had zero idea who she was until she came up and said I'm Oskar's partner. I got a quick sense that you suit one another down to the ground! :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 13:24 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Where are you getting the results from Reb? Is there a link?

Phil losing to Thuc Mai (I gather in the O40s) is a big upset but not totally incomprehensible. It can sometimes be tough for combo bat players to beat someone like Thuc because they often forced to attack otherwise they run the risk of being out-chiselled.

Wayne beating BB so easily was very surprising but Wayne is a steady player and, as good as he is, BB occasionally throws in an unexpected loss.

Good effort in your doubles. Jeff is a crazy player! He can hit some ridiculous slaps!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 13:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I don't have a link. Was just sent an email of the scores by the Geelong club.

btw, Jeff also has a very funny sense of humour! It was good to play him just for the jokes! :D

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 13:41 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I have played against Jeff a squillion times and it is always fun. He is very competitive but comes out with some zany comments in the heat of battle. He also shows up to events wearing oddball colors like fleuro-green or hot-pink...complete with matching socks!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 15:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Have you played him in tournaments or does he play at your club Carbonman? Yesterday he was in a very boring blue shirt lol. Shame he didn't come in fluro-colors with matching socks. I'd have enjoyed seeing that LOL. Might have put David more off his game lol. I sent a couple of solid pushes off the pips down David's BH and he completely missed them :lol:

I also got some solid smashes in against them that were not returned. One of the smashes I went for though, my partner forgot to move out of my swing zone and he copped my bat rather than my ball copping it. This actually happened 3 times during our doubles campaign. Once against Foam and partner where I actually hit ball then him or vice-versa (not sure) and got the ball on the table. But due to the weakened power they smashed it back through my "bat-shocked" partner! |-) :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 16:04 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

lol. I'm a shocking doubles player and am always doing stupid stuff like getting in my partner's road.

Jeff plays in a Thursday comp which I played in for years (I still occasionally fill-in there) so we have faced each other many times.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 20:35 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Edit: Oh, sorry forgot the rating question. As best I can figure, yes. I have now lost to 4 players in Vets tourney's. One last September, and 3 today. One of those 3 was my mate E though, and he is unrated. So I don't know if he counts. I've lost to players at ratings of 1340, 1086 and 1051 and beaten about 4 or 5 players in the 1000 - 1060 mark in tournaments now. So, I figure this may result in a rating around the 1050 level, perhaps a bit less. I have also beaten another 6 or 7 players with ratings below 1000, but I don't know if they influence it at all, and if so in which direction. Foam would probably have a better idea.

You might get an initial rating of 1050 but Imho eventually once it all pans out you will be either very close to 1110 or in the 1100-1200 range. With players close to that rating you have only lost to me who's playing better than that at the moment in 5 and CA in 5 who if he could play a higher grade (had better team mates) at country week would be over 1100 now, he was within a few points before he lost them all at country week last year, he is much better than his rating suggests most of the time. So really I think you should be right now around 1100+. Pity I didn't get a hit with Oskar from hi s results he sounds like he will be pretty dam near 800 points once it's all said and done, wont be surprised if Mallus is near 600 from the hit I had with him, enough to be competitive at all the tournaments anyway (they all go down to at least Div 4).

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 23:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Finally got around to uploading the short video I took just to show the scenery and setup of the tournament. If you know who to look for there are actually about 4 forum members in the video (or maybe more). Kind of a "where's wally" LOL. See if you can work them out.

[photobucket]http%3A%2F%2Fvid657.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu299%2FRebTTE%2FVIDEO0028.mp4[/photobucket]

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 00:04 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

You are dreaming if you reckon less than 50% in that video are not forum members :lol: , they just don't make posts

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 06:11 

@ foam - 800 ranking points for me? I'll take that as something to work on. But do wait until I get a chance to play you and Reborn ... you might want to readjust that UP a little. ;)

@ Reborn - I'm a little disappointed that I didn't feature in your little masterpiece. So much for Rebcam! :rofl: Next time I'm taking my camera out of my bag! ;)

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 13:04 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
You are dreaming if you reckon less than 50% in that video are not forum members :lol: , they just don't make posts

Maybe I should have said "active" forum members! :P :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 13:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Oskar wrote:
@ foam - 800 ranking points for me? I'll take that as something to work on. But do wait until I get a chance to play you and Reborn ... you might want to readjust that UP a little. ;)

@ Reborn - I'm a little disappointed that I didn't feature in your little masterpiece. So much for Rebcam! :rofl: Next time I'm taking my camera out of my bag! ;)

Sorry Oskar, I looked in the vid several times to see if I could see you, but you must have been skulking off somewhere LOL. This ain't Rebcam mate, I don't appear in it, I am behind it...where I like to be :lol:

I can make out Malleus, Arlene, Foam in it, as well and mine and Najay's voice as cameo roles! :P :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 14:11 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Oskar wrote:

Oskar I can only base that on having lost to najay who will have a rating ~900 something points, najay beat someone on 1000 the other day but he's an older guy that's been losing his points quickly and that I've been beating 11-3 in games since early last year he's really a 900 point player atm but the 1000 point win will stick to his initial rating. Then he's lost to a guy on 875, lost to 1080, lost to 1200 and had two wins against 700 point players. I've played Najay myself and am 100% sure he's a real Division 3 player but at the lower end of Div3.

You still have Bendigo to take a big win, but so far you are down to a 1090 player, down to a 900 player, down to a 796 player and you have one win against a 344 player. You still need to win 3 matches to get a rating and loose 1 more. You can employ a few different entry strategies (entry are due today btw). If you enter Div 5 and Div 4 again you might/should get your 3 wins, if you enter Div 3 you have a chance to get the big wins that will adjust your rating UP where you want it :D.

But you will need to take out a couple 900 point players in Bendigo to make 900 points. There are only a few players over 800 in Div4 and none over 850 so you HAVE to make wins in Div 3 to end up with a rating above 800 after having already lost to someone under 800. If you make 800 that's nothing to be ashamed of that's a solid club player for sure :up:

edit: I didn't notice this before but old mate Malleus beat a player on 703 points so he's looking good to be 700-800 actually if he can keep that up