OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Victorian Vets Open
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2012, 22:30 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Here's the entry form, bit more expensive than the usual tournaments because it's at Albert park but not too bad, goes down to Div 5 which is always good to get the new guys in

http://www.insports.com.au/ttv/upload/p ... ryForm.pdf

Post subject: Re: Victorian Vets Open
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2012, 11:25 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

I'll do my best to be there! It'll be good to give the Vets another crack ... and another chance to catch up with you and possibly other forum members. Just hope the weather is cool. ;)

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2012, 13:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Oskar wrote:
I'll do my best to be there! It'll be good to give the Vets another crack ... and another chance to catch up with you and possibly other forum members. Just hope the weather is cool. ;)

When you come to Melbourne, the weather can be anything, in any given hour! :lol:

I think I will be playing in this one as well. MSAC has similar number of tables to Geelong (or maybe more), so we should find some time for a hit there Oskar. Not going to be in so many events I think, so there should be time lol.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 08:00 

Should be good! If you come early enough we should get in a decent hit.

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 17:49 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I just saw something on the news about Dandenong council fighting a guy in the supreme court about not letting him keep his pet sheep.... Most dodgy council I've ever seen in my life. Reminded me of Reb and how he needs to go and kick the Mayor in the balls so the guy can keep his sheep.

Anyway the big Z man was undeniable in Bendigo, cleaned me up in 3 straight and easily, then played a truly amazing final to win Div 3, I doubt there's even been a Div 3 final played at that level before.

I was pretty tired after a rough night in a dodgy near mental asylum pub but managed a couple of mild wins, I was ever going to beat (Z) in any case on that day, he was just too good.. Probably gained 20 points or something from a couple ok wins in the upper divisions and got 2 state team points which was my only mission/goal for the day so that was ok

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 22:32 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Foam do you have any results for the mens over 40s and 50s at Bendigo? Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 23:08 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
I just saw something on the news about Dandenong council fighting a guy in the supreme court about not letting him keep his pet sheep.... Most dodgy council I've ever seen in my life. Reminded me of Reb and how he needs to go and kick the Mayor in the balls so the guy can keep his sheep.

I agree the guy should be able to keep his sheep LOL! If he wins his case I'd go and get my own sheep to keep my backyard grass down lol. :devil: :lol: I don't think kicking anyone's nuts is going to make it happen though. His fight in the High Court might, but I have a feeling they don't want to open floodgates for farm's to be established in suburban backyards. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 02:29 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

carbonman wrote:

I left before those were finished, I heard BP and BB being called up to one of the finals but have no idea who won. I can tell you that I played BP who's the highest level player I've played yet and soon found out he's as good as he is mostly because of his INSANE serves. He gave me quite a flogging 11-6, 11-8, 11-5 and raised himself only a mild sweat in doing so :lol:. I had no clue what he was going to do with his serves so perhaps I'll get a couple more points next time if watch him play a bit at the next few tournaments. Not that it's important, there's a couple Division 1 players I'm working on beating which are realistic goals for me, I don't really need to be watching guys like BP play any time soon.

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 07:59 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

foam wrote:
I can tell you that I played BP who's the highest level player I've played yet and soon found out he's as good as he is mostly because of his INSANE serves. He gave me quite a flogging 11-6, 11-8, 11-5 and raised himself only a mild sweat in doing so :lol:. I had no clue what he was going to do with his serves so perhaps I'll get a couple more points next time if watch him play a bit at the next few tournaments.

What makes BP's serves even more effective is the fact that his follow up attack is so strong. Almost all of his serves are long and if you return them passively then he will just hit a winner. Hence, unless you are a chopper, it is crucial that you look to loop all of his long serves.

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 11:11 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

carbonman wrote:

I guess you've seen it by now. Just in case you haven't looked over them yet the results are here http://www.insports.com.au/tta/lib/trnr ... Ret=../ttv

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 11:21 

Good to see the results. Regarding Country Week, I just couldn't make it this time - way too many other commitments. ;(

This morning I sent off my form to MSAC, so that's a definite goer!!! Can't wait to start competing again and meeting up with forum members again. Yipee! :clap:

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 11:25 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Thanks for that Foam - I hadn't seen them. Wayne Greaves is certainly clocking up some good results lately!

PostPosted: 26 May 2012, 13:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

So its almost here. Must get my gear ready today and try to get a good nights sleep tonight |-)

Look forward to catching up with Oskar, Foam and the less vocal others from the forum! ;)

Be good if Carbonman pops his head in to say gidday!

PostPosted: 26 May 2012, 17:01 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Good luck guys - I hope get some cheques and bag plenty of rating points. If the wife doesn't need the car (50/50 chance) I hope to drop in some time in the arvo. It will be fun to see you all in the heat of battle.

PostPosted: 26 May 2012, 18:29 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Has anyone got their hands on a draw for tomorrow yet?