OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 12:55 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I spoke to a couple of selectors yesterday and I got the idea they want me to play in the O40s A team. This is fine by me as I want Jeff Dever to be there (he's a lot of fun!) so I don't want to bump him out of the O50s A team. btw - the wife has given me permission to go.

a few more results: Jim Kilderry beat Eddie Keung in the O60s final. BP entered 3 doubles events and won them all. Rod Kempton won Division 1, which is a really good result for him. Bryce Turner beat Brendan Cocks in the final of the Elite singles. Danny Semmler won the O30s - which was expected of course. Roma Chambers won the O50s womens. I think Belgin won the O40s womens.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 13:15 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

RK knocked me out, I was right in it the match too. On the right day anytime soon, maybe even Ballarat I'm going to beat one of those top div1 guys. That will get me excited.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 13:44 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

You are certainly starting to trouble some decent players foam. I'm sure a big win isn't far off.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 15:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
carbonman wrote:
You are quite right foam. At the start I was very rusty and unsure of how far I should push my shoulder. To be honest I was also somewhat tight/nervous. In my 2nd and 3rd matches I really struggled against a 1360 player and a 1450 guy. As the day wore on I eventually relaxed and started to find form. By the end I was really happy with how I was playing.

Carbonman was lucky I decided to go easy on him and let him through the O40's RR :P But I must say I was unsure whether he was going to honour this great gesture of mine and lose to the other guy I'd purposely lost to, to ensure he would go through!! :lol: Having lost the first 2 sets, it was looking touch and go whether he would go down 3 zip and waste the "warm-up" that I'd granted him! :swear: So I took him aside at 2-0 down and said to him, "look, if you lose this, I am going to ban you from OOAK as an embarrassment to the forum"! Well you should have seen that pep him up! Suddenly he whipped the guy 5,4,5. I think the shock of it all, got his heart started and he began to perform after that...leading to some great victories against players that would even give top English vets a run for their money!! His O50's win against BP must have been a sight to see, but given it was played at midnight, my chauffeur and I had to leave after his match against BB, which was late enough.

Oh and blue_smartie its about time we saw you posting on this forum. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Maybe you can start a bottle thread!! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 16:38 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

How did you go anyway Reb, gain a few points?, The E man must have gained a couple. I can't work mine out untill I see how many country week cost me. Assuming I get out of the yearly country week rating donation -30 or less I'll be back to where I am now again, should have gained 30 yesterday which is ok....would have preferd a 100 point day to hurry up and get a good seeding. Hopefully I can have a 50 plus point day out in Ballarat.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 18:17 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
How did you go anyway Reb, gain a few points?, The E man must have gained a couple. I can't work mine out untill I see how many country week cost me. Assuming I get out of the yearly country week rating donation -30 or less I'll be back to where I am now again, should have gained 30 yesterday which is ok....would have preferd a 100 point day to hurry up and get a good seeding. Hopefully I can have a 50 plus point day out in Ballarat.

Mate, I'd say I'll lose a point or 2 from the day. Won't lose anything from Carbonman or the 1360 player I'd say, but will lose 6 or so to the dodgy 980 Wodonga player. Will get back perhaps 4 from Arlene I'd say.

Here is the last 2 sets of Carbonman's match against BB by the way. He says he and BB both played scrappy. Wish I could play this scrappy!! As you well know Foam, the quality of CM's serve just doesn't show on video the way it does when you're facing it! :o

[photobucket]http%3A%2F%2Fvid657.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu299%2FRebTTE%2FVIDEO0072.mp4[/photobucket]

[photobucket]http%3A%2F%2Fvid657.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu299%2FRebTTE%2FVIDEO0073.mp4[/photobucket]

I can post that last set of yours against Danny if you want Foam...but only if you want LOL.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 19:19 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Horay for being home (finally just got here), nah don't post me. Maybe later when I'm less flawed I'll feel comfortable about it and when you don't film the worst part of the match lol |( and perhaps not against one of the best players in the state either :P . I found Carbonmans serve almost unreturnable, not sure how you felt about it Reb but I had to check the glue on my blade was still holding on afterwards, they were so heavy.

Talking about posting, The mail postman has left me 4 medium pips since I've been gone, just looking at them and feeling the traction on them, I think Dawei 388C-1 and I might be able to be friends.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 23:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
I found Carbonmans serve almost unreturnable, not sure how you felt about it Reb but I had to check the glue on my blade was still holding on afterwards, they were so heavy.

I think Dawei 388C-1 and I might be able to be friends.

It wasn't exactly the heaviness that bothered me (although it did), but the deception on which way they were spinning. I did return quite a lot of them (well enough to be in the game), but the way I could return them often left a lot to be desired in stopping his 3rd ball swoooooooosh! :devil: :envy: Mind you, this is returning off pips I'm talking about, not off bloody inverted!! That would be a nightmare!!! :n:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!