OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Croydon Vets this Sunday
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 12:33 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Foam, Reb, Blue_Smartie...everyone trained to the minute?

Apparently the draws are put up at Croydon on the Saturday night but aren't released online.

I've only entered the O40s and O50s as I don't want to push the shoulder too much first up. I hope to get there around 10.30. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 12:55 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

All the above are playing and I'm going one way or another. Div 1, Div 2 and Sub Elite + 040s.... Actually I might have entered O30s also. No training but I have the feeling I'm due for a big day out :up:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 20:45 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Foam - what time are you leaving in the morning? What time do you have to be in Croydon? Get an early nite!

Let's hope you win Division 2 and Reb takes out Division 3.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 19:19 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

carbonman just beat bb 3-0, not bad ! And well done

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Reb sure as heck didn't take out Div 3. There's a new pack of dodgies in the system...and they don't come from Dandy! :lol: The one that took me down was from Albury-Wodonga. With a rating of 980, I took a set off him. Sahmaniac rated 1200+ didn't take a set in Div 2 on him and he beat a 1325 player prior to us, in Div 2.

I did however manage to exact my revenge on Arlene for beating me at the MSAC Vets lol...beating her in 4 today.

I also played Carbonman, who is insanely good (~US2400+++) for a guy who's recovering from a shoulder op and re-building his game. I managed to lose one set 11-7 against him, which I was pretty happy with, after an 11-4 and following up with an 11-2 :lol: I'm sure I'd have won more points...if only I could read his serves well enough to return them :headbang: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:57 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
foam wrote:
carbonman just beat bb 3-0, not bad ! And well done

There may have been a "carbonman-cam" on that, but he would have to testify to that for the existence of it to be revealed ;) :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 22:41 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

lol - next tourney I'm going to bring my very own Reb cam!

Very enjoyable day. It was great meeting Reb (who is nothing like I imagined) and nice to catch up with Foam and blue_smartie again. I also caught with a lot of people I hadn't seen since the 80s. Foam was in excellent form - he had some good wins and pushed a few decent players. I managed to win the O50s without dropping a set which I was happy about. Admittedly though BP did suffer from very bad cramp when I played him.

See you all at Ballarat maybe?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 22:59 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I love playing in Ballarat, not only because it's so close but the stadium and vibe of the place is great so I'll not miss that one. I played better and better as the day went on. When I was leaving half way out of the hall I got called back because I was still in div 1, it was only sub elite I had lost earlier. I played much more offensivly in that last match, I lost it but learnt alot for next time and was happy with how I played it. That was the 1/4's of div 1 it's pretty good for me to make it that far because they are starting to be quite decent players in div 1.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 23:15 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I forgot that I'm pretty sure I've got enough points to make a presidents team for the nationals, so I'm happy about that. Still for some perspective, Carbonman would have gained about five times my years worth in one afternoon lol.

P.s some of those 16 unrated unkown Chinese guys and girls were pretty handy, almost claimed the dodgy prize off dandy I reckon

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 23:32 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Dandy have a lot of State Dodgy points by now and look impossible to catch this year.

Great that you have enough points to make the Presidents team foam - good job. I suspect I will pick up a few points. I lost to kouros in the 40s but beat BB, BP, Dever, Patto, Brendan Cocks and a few others so maybe I will pick up a hundred or so (???). My friend George who is rated 1351 beat Wayne Greaves so he is gunna get a truckload for that.

The biggest bonus for me is that my shoulder came through the day with only one slight twinge. I'm icing it now but there is virtually no pain at all.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 08:45 

I guess I could start posting in OOAK now seeing so I now get mentioned from time to time! 8)

I had a very enjoyable day and it was great to catch up with heaps & heaps of ppl I call friends now on the TT circuit... :)

Nice to see you again Carbonman ..and yep, I'm already quivering in my boots about drawing you in a future 0/40s group!! But you've seen me play.. so the game is totally safe for you on the scoreboard, but you best wear a helmet!! :P lol

Always great to catch up with foam, Reb & Arlene too.. I think that's all I know from this forum.

Results wise I was pretty happy.. will gain points for a couple of good div 2 wins, and don't think I'll lose any as everyone I played on the day was ranked way above me! Except one who did give me a little scare... but I managed to come from 3-10 down to win that in 4 :rofl:
So no more div 3 for me from now on I guess... which will take 3-5 matches out of my average tournament day!! Might have to start entering doubles now..

I'll be at ballarat for sure :up:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 12:03 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

The more tournaments I play the more fun I'm having, played them all this year and I have an addiction. Might have to play some doubles myself in Ballarat now that my old mate Is a proper official div 2 player (about time). I reckon Mr Carbon was a little unsure if he would make it right through the day but he played very controlled and got better and better as the day went, that guy in the cap in the O40s.... Awkward much, I thought he was going to end the run before it got up and going. I played just about the best match of my life to get past an unknown jpen Chinese guy and no one I know saw it lol da

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 12:15 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

You are quite right foam. At the start I was very rusty and unsure of how far I should push my shoulder. To be honest I was also somewhat tight/nervous. In my 2nd and 3rd matches I really struggled against a 1360 player and a 1450 guy. As the day wore on I eventually relaxed and started to find form. By the end I was really happy with how I was playing.

btw - foam and blue_smartie did you get any feedback yesterday from the selectors as to your chances of a Presidents team berth?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 12:36 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I haven't heard anything about the teams yet but based on last year and what you needed then and who wants to go and where I am relative to them on state points and rating I pretty much must be in the presidents team, not far away from the B team I think. I did talk to a couple guys and they said if you (carbonman) have your name down, they had the opion the selector will look at your results and rating and you will be going in either the o50 or o40 A team

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 12:40 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I guess you can allway tell them if you prefer not to play the A team but if the state want to put the best A team in they can to try and win the title they will ask you to go in that one. That makes sense to me.