OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ballarat Vets
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 15:42 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Oskar, did you do any good in the club champs a few weeks back?

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 16:30 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

carbonman wrote:
Oskar, did you do any good in the club champs a few weeks back?

In fact, I did. Thanks for asking. I managed to win the A4 final and almost won the A3 final as well. I'm currently playing in the A4 pennant and our team is top of the ladder, and I've managed to be top player. So, next season I'll be going to A3 to see if there is better competition. ;) An interesting thing during that comp. was that a few players said I would do okay in A2. Well, I've never been one for skipping grades, but it's nice to know what others think! I mean, I've only been playing this game for 2 and half years. In that time I've managed a haul of 6 trophies and by the end of August I should have another 2. So, 8 trophies in less than 3 years feels pretty good! Oh, and that Vic Vets ranking to boot! :rock:

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 17:21 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Oskar wrote:
Just getting over a flu. Last weeks pennant was a real trial, but I still managed to win every game. I'm definitely looking forward to the Ballarat Vets. I do think it's strange that they haven't included a Div 5 for up-and-coming players. It doesn't bother me, of course, now that I'm fighting to graduate from Div 4. I hope I enjoy a home ground advantage!

I noted your MIA status from the forum Oskar. Good to see you back! :up:

Congrats on the wins you've enjoyed as well!

@Carbonman, not just a pulled muscle I'm afraid. It was a pulled muscle "as well" as whatever other damage is in the AC area. The pulled muscle seems to have subsided and the AC area is feeling less sore right now, so hopefully I can live to fight another day...each week :lol: Been very tired this week as well, tournaments seem to exacerbate that. Which is another reason I don't play many. Although I have played 4 in the last year which is some kind of record. :o

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 17:55 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Oskar - WTG!! congrats. I think the early trophies you win in a sport are always the most exciting and most cherished. Sounds like you are really starting to make strides. You have a good man in Alois guiding you so your improvement should continue.

Reb - have you had an MRI on your shoulder? If not it might be a good idea as at least then you will know exactly what you are dealing with. In any case, it's good that the pain has subsided somewhat.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 00:25 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Oskar if you almost won the A3 final then you may as well jump straight into A2, so long as you can get over any obsession about collecting each trophy along the way?.

Remember if you want to get better you have to find people that can drop you :!)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 17:38 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Latest Vic rankings are out (thx foam): blue and Reb are all still eligible for Division 3.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2012, 14:12 

@ foam - going straight to A2 just doesn't feel right. I know that it will certainly give me the challenges I so desire to be an even better player, but I'm sure there are players in A3 that I still need to get passed. When it was suggested that I could well in Ballarat's A2 league, it was also said that the division is very full - meaning that I can put my name down but there's no guarantee that I would be accepted. It's also been hinted that Ballarat does prefer to do things methodically and if I were to be recommended for a big jump (A4 to A2) by the organiser he's taking the risk. He basically told me that even though he thinks I'm ready there is always the possibility that I'm not and it wouldn't look good for him. So, at this stage, I'm happy to make sequential moves toward higher grades, even if those grades prove to me that I'm the dominant player in them. Oh well, gotta get a bigger trophy cabinet! Not a bad situation to be in. ;)

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012, 23:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

carbonman wrote:
Latest Vic rankings are out (thx foam): blue and Reb are all still eligible for Division 3.

That doesn't include Croydon though...not that it changes things much for me lol...don't know about Blue. :^)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 09:44 

I'll definitely be out of div 3 from the Croydon results.. but since they won't appear for some time, I get one last crack at div 3 at Ballarat..
I wonder how many dodgy unranked players will be there?? :^)

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 13:05 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Heaps of unrated locals but only the top half of the a1 locals will bother you and we know almost all them anyway. So it works ok fine at Ballarat

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 15:51 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I wonder if the fake JS will try to sneak into Division 3??

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 18:35 

Whatever happens in Ballarat one thing's for certain: you're going to experience some of the best table tennis facilities in Victoria, if not Australia - make that the Southern Hemisphere! I won't go as far as the world ... :P

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 20:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

carbonman wrote:
I wonder if the fake JS will try to sneak into Division 3??

If he does he will clean up again and then not be able to play div 3 again this year...not that there is many tourneys left lol. He has friends to stay with in Melbourne near Croydon, so maybe not same at Ballarat. He should shoot out of div 3 in one or 2 more tourneys anyway. How he got the sub-1000 rating in the first place confounds me, but then we have a guy at Dandy who is sub-900 who plays around 1200 level. He got his initial rating playing opens, not vets.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 20:48 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Sorry Reb I'm not sure we are on the same page. I was referring to a comical series of posts on the coburg TTC Facebook page. In short foams (ie JS) country week and croydon results were listed under a new JS (the fake one!) and this fake JS was given a rating of 1089 which would qualify him for Division 3. The real JS is rated over 1100 and would thus be in eligible for section 3. Hope this makes sense!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 10:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

carbonman wrote:
Sorry Reb I'm not sure we are on the same page. I was referring to a comical series of posts on the coburg TTC Facebook page. In short foams (ie JS) country week and croydon results were listed under a new JS (the fake one!) and this fake JS was given a rating of 1089 which would qualify him for Division 3. The real JS is rated over 1100 and would thus be in eligible for section 3. Hope this makes sense!

Ah yes I did see that JS in the listing :lol: and yep I was thinking about the DS that won div 3 at Croydon when I read your post...my mistake :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next