OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ballarat Vets
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 10:55 

That was GP... but DS got to the semis I think..

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 11:04 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Well technically the faker was country week only plus croydon o40 state points. Not any results from croydon actual ratings. I've been informed president team selection doesn't depend state points only,

In other exciting news I've got a couple hours on the lp now so I'm committing myself to using pips in ballarat. I'm fairly sure I can play at my level with them now. I could also be wrong, but I need to find out where I'm at and to do that I need to use them at a tournament.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 13:25 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

foam and blue - have you heard anything yet about the teams for the Australian Vets? I heard they are going to be announced soonish.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 16:05 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Not yet, I'm not even sure how they go about letting you know. I'm sure we will all know one way or the other before or at Ballarat. If they get me in a team they might change their mind after they see me flounder with pips lol.

p.s Carbonman if I only take the one blade to Ballarat like a truly committed man and I'm failing, I might need some of that 5 minute LP mastery lesson.

I *think* I'll be ok, forehand is definitely better with the slower blade, chop is better, push is better, block is better. Backhand block is worse, lob is rubbish, setup for the forehand is MUUUUUCH better, backhand attack almost doesn't exist but I never used it anyway. Overall it's hard to see how it can be worse, but I could be way out of line with my rationalisation :^)

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 17:17 

Oskar and I did almost 2 hours of pip drills today; it was GREAT, so good to have a mate who's into drilling as much as me, the drill was simple, inspired by Leatherback's main backhand pip drill against inverted and refined by Alois' coaching, just alternating chop-block and pips drive (offensive topspin on pips off backspin), we can certainly do some of this on the day as Oskar is very good at keeping it going, he just topspins and pushes alternately. A good offensive pip drive against backspin can be very effective and surprising. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 17:29 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Might need to watch Malleus on the pips since he has about a thousand extra hours on them compared to my.. 2 hours lol

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 18:21 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

foam - Im not going to Ballarat after all so no LP lesson. What I would suggest though is that you work on being aggressive with them. In particular try to flick short serves (LP's with sponge are great for that) and hit through your block/counter-hits. Also, remember that the stronger your opponent the more of a liability they are likely to become and here you need to avoid being caught out with a long push/passive-ball to your BH.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 18:33 

&feature=channel&list=UL

Watch this Foam! When I get this good you can watch me! Especially note the offensive pip strokes he does against backspin. 1.15 to about 1.40 is good. Chop block to pivot-loop is another great drill he does which comes after.

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 21:13 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Ok Carbonman, well I'll hopefully see you at the nationals!. I think once I play someone good enough with them and see where the holes are, I'll be able to plug them up. In the meantime I'll remember your advice and try to fix any holes that appear before the ship sinks on the day :D

Malleus, thanks that's a good video, hopefully I wont be relying on the pips much at all.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 23:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Malleus wrote:
Oskar and I did almost 2 hours of pip drills today; it was GREAT, so good to have a mate who's into drilling as much as me, the drill was simple, inspired by Leatherback's main backhand pip drill against inverted and refined by Alois' coaching, just alternating chop-block and pips drive (offensive topspin on pips off backspin), we can certainly do some of this on the day as Oskar is very good at keeping it going, he just topspins and pushes alternately. A good offensive pip drive against backspin can be very effective and surprising. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

That's going to do wonders for your game! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 12:49 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

Malleus wrote:

It was a good session. Hope to do it again very soon!

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 20:05 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Those who played in the Ballarat Vets today - have you got any results for us yet?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 09:52 

I only know some of the division results Carbonman..

John Pattison beat Roma Chambers in div 1
Daryl Smith beat Neville Monson in div 2
(Daryl beat me in the semi.. and incidently, Nev knocked me out of div 1. Didn't realise his standard actually! :o )
Div 3 hadn't finished when I left... but would think that Russell Bulman would have got it (unranked, and knocked me out!)
No idea on div 4..

I saw BB take out Wayne G in the Semi of (O/40 or O/50.. not sure).. and BP was still sitting around, so assume he was in the final. But only guessing there...
Don't know any other age group results..

Got home about 10pm.. which is really good for me, from a Ballarat event!! :rofl:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 12:56 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Thanks blue. Well done on making the section 2 semi. Did you manage to pick up a few rating points?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 13:00 

Thanks cm.. yeah, should gain a few with wins over Jim Furness, John Bowers & Dirk Holwerda :) :)

All my losses were to much higher ranked players except Russell. I was annoyed with that loss... brain fade!!

Definitely out of div 3 now!! :rock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next