OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 05:49 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
You can find it on the USATT website, which is now a part of www.teamusa.org. Just select Table Tennis from the Sports-Summer menu and you'll see an area for Ratings once you are within the Table Tennis area.

Typically they are updated every Thursday evening. Depending on how quickly they are submitted by the tournament coordinator, you could see them anytime 2-4 Thursdays after the tournament is played. Definitely not this week, and likely not next week either.

And by Thursday "evening", I've seen them any time from about 8 pm Central time to not until sometime Friday.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 06:23 
Horse Hockey!

I see that you've already played your first tournament, but for the sake of others who might read this thread later I'll add some of my own advice. Calling out the score before every serve has already been pointed out. But it's VERY important that competitors write down the score of each game as soon as possible. Don't wait until the end because it will be hard to remember and that's how disputes arise.

Also, indicate on the scorepad who has the serve. I usually just make a "t" on the assignment slip with my initials in one column and my opponent's in the other. Then I put an asterisk next to whomever gets the first serve before play is started. Then make sure to record the game POINTS and not just the game result such as -8*,11,-9 in my column and 11,-7,11 in the opponents column. Wins and losses are used as a tiebreak, but if a three-way tie exists and the w/l ratio is the same then the tiebreak comes down to points. Ties occur frequently and lead to many arguments and hurt feelings unless the scores are recorded accurately. And one more point about tiebreaks: only games against the players involved are used for computing the tiebreakers. So if there is a 3-way tie, only the scores of those three players against each other are used for tiebreaking purposes. (All of this is USATT of course. It may be done differently in other countries).

Finally, to repeat what others already posted, you as the winner of a match or section must take the responsibility to turn in the scores directly to an appropriate tournament official. I've seen it often where scores were never turned in. Even if you are on the losing side I think it's just good sportsmanship to make sure the scores are accurate. However, not all opponents are so scrupulous.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 21:32 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Our KFTTC ace Joel was in a 3 way tie 1-1 in group play. Everything was same, so it ended up with a coin toss to determine who advances. Joel advanced and won div 1 that day.

Anything can happen, so never give up.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 08:22 

Even with your youth, a strong physical condition built up over months of training is important, so if you have been diligent with building up your aerobic and anaerobic fitness over time, you should be fine. I was 18 for my first tourney, pretty decent shape, but was amazed how tired I had become with the passing of each match. The amount of energy you will expend for each point is greater than when you play training games due to the high intensity of a tourney environment.

Another aspect which is critical to have worked out beforehand is your mental attitude - What is your view to winning and losing? What are your goals for the tourney? Can you keep your emotions under control in a tight match, or when an opponent is yelling "YAAAAAAAAAAAAA" after every point he wins? Can you remain focused on the present moment, and not concern yourself, while down 10-7 in the deciding game, with how you will explain to friends why you lost to someone you should have beat? Success in table tennis, as in every other endeavor, is reliant upon a healthy and strong mental understanding of your own reality and how it interacts with the differing realities of others. You will need to remain focused and centered amid the distractions of obnoxious and rude opponents, spectator noise and comments, the expectations of others, and anything else which can throw you off balance - a calm and happy mind is your best friend.

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 17:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
townhousecrackers wrote:
BTW how and when do I get my rating?

So did you get a rating yet, and what is it?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2013, 05:19 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

This is like a month late oops, but after playing just that one U1275 even I came out with a rating of 1380. I was going to play a tournament this weekened U1400, U1600, and U1800, but I rolled my ankle this past weekend playing disc golf in the woods :headbang:

And, I just started to get some coaching. I Can now chop 1001000020110010 times better than I could before after just 3 sessions. So, I am hoping to see some more improvement in my rating next tournament whenever that might be.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2013, 09:58 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Fighting.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 01:57 

townhousecrackers wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

This is like a month late oops, but after playing just that one U1275 even I came out with a rating of 1380. I was going to play a tournament this weekened U1400, U1600, and U1800, but I rolled my ankle this past weekend playing disc golf in the woods :headbang:

And, I just started to get some coaching. I Can now chop 1001000020110010 times better than I could before after just 3 sessions. So, I am hoping to see some more improvement in my rating next tournament whenever that might be.

Townhouse,
Read the tread and me and some buddies are looking to get into some tournaments in the near future. Im local to Philadelphia and was wonder a couple of things and would love to talk if you can find the time. I can be reached on my cell at 609-381-0182. Thanks for your time, Steven.