OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 23:10 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Just got back from the big tourney and got a few notes...

Some of our Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club went to Cheolwon for the DMZ Open. There were singles, doubles, and a 4 player team event.

Mr Kim from TAK9.com won mens Singles Div 1&2 and KFTTC Greg won Mens Div 3&4. They combined divisions and the lower div gets a 2 point handicap, example, div 3 player spots 2 points to eth div 4 player.

I had my chances but crashed out of singles and doubles, however, I came through in the clutch in the round of 8 in the team event. The team event format is Singles/Double/Singles. We had already lost the first singles match, so if we lost the doubles match, we were going home. We got down 0-1, then came back with a lot of good BH and FH loops to take control of the match and give us a chance, which worked as our 3rd player won his singles match to get us into the semis.

We failed to make the finals, but 3rd place and a certificate isn't so bad, neither is the bag of premium Cheolwon rice we got.

I came to the court of our two 1st place winners in their matches and brought the power of really loud cheering to the venue and helped silence or over-cheer the opponents' supporters. That city has learned some new cheers.

We all had meat/veggie dinner and on our second run through the town for a few beers, the owner of the place we went to recognized Greg from the tourney and invited us to the local club for some friendly play. Yes, play we did and it was a blast. The owner of the club and the top female J-pen player challenged me and Greg to a doubles match with a stake of the loser buying ten drinks for the winners. That was all the motivation we needed and 20 of that TT club went with us on the 3rd mission to the town for those 10 drinks.

Half of our group of 4 crashed on the floor of a local motel room and we got up and went to battle on day 2 for the Singles final and the team event.

All in all, a great mission and we met a ton of friends if we ever make it back up there again. Country folks are great.

Thanks KFTTC friends and Nexy for sponsoring us for this tourney!

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter