OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 15:05 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
the team draws are out for Darwin in September...
http://www.southerntabletennis.org.au/vets2013/results.htm

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 16:13 
Super User

Gotta watch out for that O40 ACT team...I hear they are gonna crush the competition this year!!! :o :D

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 20:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
poor_knight wrote:
Gotta watch out for that O40 ACT team...I hear they are gonna crush the competition this year!!! :o :D

Good luck with that PK...the Victorian teams are looking very strong this year...especially in the O40's! And that's BOTH the A and B teams. If you guys win a match from the A team...I'll be very surprised...and that's no offense to ACT.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 09:50 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

The other states may as well not show up this year. The Victorian teams are twice as strong as they have been in the past.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 09:58 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

foam wrote:
The other states may as well not show up this year. The Victorian teams are twice as strong as they have been in the past.

thanks for that, foam! :lol:
actually, Victoria is seeded 2 in the 040's, and 7 in the 050's....

Last edited by PRW on 07 Aug 2013, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 10:55 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I wouldnt worry much about seedings. What were they seeded last year?. Last year the teams werent near this years.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 11:17 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

foam wrote:
I wouldnt worry much about seedings. What were they seeded last year?. Last year the teams werent near this years.

it's a bit muddled this year - both WA and Victoria have dropped their strongest 050 players into the 040's, Brian Berry is now in 060's....

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 12:53 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

The Vic mens teams seem roughly about the same as last year. The 3 notable differences are Danny Semmler (40s) and Mick Warr (30s) are now in the team however Kouros is a non-starter.

The Vic O40s team is definitely stronger as BP and Dever have dropped down and Semmler is in (although Kouros is out). The O40s B Team is solid and is a very similar standard to last year. The 60s are obviously strengthened by the inclusion of BB however they are missing Mick Wright. The 50s however have been severely drained of resources. Last year the average rating of the A team was around 1800 whereas this year the average is under 1400. Except for perhaps Andrew B, none of the Vic 50s team members (A and B) would have made last years B team - they all would have been in the Presidents teams (most in fact were there last year).

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 08:56 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
poor_knight wrote:

Good luck with that PK...the Victorian teams are looking very strong this year...especially in the O40's! And that's BOTH the A and B teams. If you guys win a match from the A team...I'll be very surprised...and that's no offense to ACT.

No offense taken Reborn :)
I'm not expecting us to be too competitive with most of the teams.
I think, last year, the only team we had a realistic chance against was Queensland B.
We fully deserve our 12th seeding!!! :D

For us, it won't be about winning but about enjoying ourselves...and hopefully learning and improving.
This is the highest level competition we get a chance to play against...and a chance to travel interstate and hang out with the guys is a nice change as well!
Never been to Darwin before...should be loads of fun.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 10:31 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Good luck down there Guys!

Poor_Knight, I met Minh a few years ago at a training camp and gave him a fair bit of extensive training and assistance playing against pips. I hope he's improved a lot since then as there are a heck of a lot of fudgy rubbered folk at the vets! :-)

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 10:57 
Super User

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
Good luck down there Guys!

Poor_Knight, I met Minh a few years ago at a training camp and gave him a fair bit of extensive training and assistance playing against pips. I hope he's improved a lot since then as there are a heck of a lot of fudgy rubbered folk at the vets! :-)

G'day Super...must have been at a ttedge camp?
We used to have no LPs to really practice against in Canberra (which was a big disadvantage whenever we went interstate) but since then a couple of us in our regular training group have changed to LPs ourselves (myself included) so we're getting a bit more exposure - which is the key thing. However, of course the LEVEL of LP players (and antispin players) at Darwin will be much higher. I'm especially looking forward to playing my cyber-coach, Greg Letts, who I unfortunately missed last year due to a sick baby.

P.S. "Down there"??? Where do you live??? :o

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 11:12 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Down there is the wrong term - it's definitely up! I'm in brisbane.

Yep it was a ttedge camp - William had me VERY busy for the whole thing as the sole pip player.

The QLD over 40's team is very strong - Brian McDonnell is a "form" kind of player who can come out and bollox everyone, or lose silly games. Anthony J is... Anthony J.

I played Greg earlier this year when I was over there - good luck! He's a lot of fun and gives you nothing - took me a little to figure it out and actually get a few sets. He'd still beat me probably 3/4 games though.

let me know how you go!

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 14:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
carbonman wrote:
The Vic mens teams seem roughly about the same as last year. The 3 notable differences are Danny Semmler (40s) and Mick Warr (30s) are now in the team however Kouros is a non-starter.

The Vic O40s team is definitely stronger as BP and Dever have dropped down and Semmler is in (although Kouros is out). The O40s B Team is solid and is a very similar standard to last year. The 60s are obviously strengthened by the inclusion of BB however they are missing Mick Wright. The 50s however have been severely drained of resources. Last year the average rating of the A team was around 1800 whereas this year the average is under 1400. Except for perhaps Andrew B, none of the Vic 50s team members (A and B) would have made last years B team - they all would have been in the Presidents teams (most in fact were there last year).

Obviously the o50 team needs you CM. Are you not playing due to injury?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 17:15 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

The 50s team needs a lot more than me!

I have had a sore ankle for much of the year but I'm actually not playing due to not enough time. All being well I will be in Tassie next year tho.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 17:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
carbonman wrote:
All being well I will be in Tassie next year tho.

That's my plan as well... hopefully I can make it this time!