OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 02:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 13:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Der_Echte wrote:
Ask Tatlwai about BH OX attacking haha he is on it!

One thing for someone to know how to pips attack, another thing entirely to transfer that knowledge to someone else LOL

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 22:42 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Donic Defplay
FH: Xiom OmegaV Asia Max
BH: Spinlord DG 2 OX
Anybody who plays with inverted and thinks that playing with pips is "easy" should be forced to try and play an attacking long pips style in their next tournament, and see how well that goes for them. ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 12:38 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

dwruck wrote:
Anybody who plays with inverted and thinks that playing with pips is "easy" should be forced to try and play an attacking long pips style in their next tournament, and see how well that goes for them. ;)

Yup. That is why I built me an OX bat to learn how the Achuma OX LP Brigade plays, so I could see for myself how they think and how they hit... all so I could play more effective vs them.

I don't think you will see my sporting OX LPs on my BH anytime soon, but for scouting purposes, and to do something different, I would play a night or two a month for an hour or so. I could still give the div 4 crowd 3 points and play the OX bat and still win, kind put me under more pressure though.

Hit us up on FB or the Forum

Janitor at Nexy USA
http://www.NexyUSA.com
http://www.facebook.com/Nexyusa/

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 12:39 

BTW Doug, I saw Ur FB pic with Ming. He and I got those Tibhar Jerseys when we were a 2 player team at gwacheon 2012 haha.

Janitor at Nexy USA

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 20:49 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Donic Defplay
FH: Xiom OmegaV Asia Max
BH: Spinlord DG 2 OX
That's cool! He's such a good player. He plays at 2200 level, and he has fun doing it. I think if he ever wanted to be really serious about playing, he could easily be 2400 or better in no time. But I love how he doesn't take it too seriously and just has fun with the game. It's a good lesson that even an older guy like me can take. He was a great partner too, a perfect compliment to relax me when I got too mad at myself.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 23:43 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Cobalt wrote:
... Also on that court in the picture, what support are the lines for around the outside, I can see the basketball lines but that court is even bigger. Handball? Soccer?
Der_Echte wrote:
The white lines are international basketball. Ironically, whenever we played the regional circuit, the Guri venue was the gym where the Guri Woman's pro team played. They had 10-12 meter tall oversized posters of all the pro players on that team hanging from the walls there...

The blue lines would appear to be indoor soccer, but we would think that the penalty box would be rectangular. Team handball has such a curved line for the area near the goal, but the court looks too long for that and I have NEVER heard of Koreans play Team handball anywhere. maybe the contract to build that venue called for the contractor to paint these blues lines to make foreigners wonder what the heck they were thinking...

The blue lines are for team handball. the court is 40 m long, and the inner arc marking the "goalie field" extends 6 m from the endline, so the 28 m long basket court should touch that arc on both ends, as the picture shows.

I don't know how popular team handball is in South Korea, but the country is among the top nations worldwide. I believe their women's team has been among top 5 on the world ranking for the last 20 years or more, and their men's team also do well in international championships (mostly finishing among the top 16 in world and olympic championships, I think).

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 23:57 

Never saw or heard of Koreans being good in Team Handball and never saw on TV there, but when I was in Europe, Team Handball got a lot of airtime on sports channels like Eurosport. Maybe the teams are composed of whoever is on the Seoul Sports University team. That university is basically there to hand a diploma to anyone who is an athlete really good at his or her sport.

Janitor at Nexy USA

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2014, 12:56 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Joola Rhyzm 425
BH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
Handball, thanks for that.

Well done on the tournament. One tip would be to make sure you know the amount of matches that were played for the day and on how many tables, that way when planning something for the future you will be able to estimate the time it will run and adopt an appropriate format.