OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 07:14 
Super User

Myself and 2 others just did an overnight trip 250Kms each to way a very old tournament in the wine growing region of upper South Island of New Zealand. I entered Open, singles and mixed and doubles ( travelled with both partners ) and I entered 40's and 50'd events. All Events are played on one day, so I drove up early in the morning arrived at 11.30 I was playing at 12pm. 8 tables nice lighting good tables, which you normally do not get at regional events. I guess about 80 players in total. I played well and ended up meeting my fellow passenger in the finals of 40 and 50, he always beats me, He is a blocker lifter using 799-1 on .6 sponge on Kenny BTW blade. But as I have been getting lots of coaching during our between seasons time and mainly working on consistency and forehand loops. I played well and won both events. I was lucky enough to also won both doubles events but I hurts my hamstring a little so pulled out of open singles at the quarter finals, and even if I won that I still had semis and finals of 40 and 50's to go and next round was top seed best player in NZ.

Not many LP players but a few anti old school players, lots of out of the hand serving and covering of the ball. But all good natured players. Next tournament is South Island teams event then next day an Open event normally small but as all the good players will be there for teams event it will be very strong. I have been asked to player Over 40 team with Guy who I played in final at Marlborough Open.

Got $80 prized money, which helped towards the petrol and accommodation cost.

Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 07:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds like a very enjoyable trip Greggy! Well done on your winnings, great to feel yourself improving...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 09:28 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Good job in the tournament, I hope your hamstring heal soon.

Wow, I wish I had your dedication, driving so far away to play a tournament is way too much for me today.