OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: State Team
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 09:33 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
Since I consider this forum an "extended family" of sorts, I would like to share some good news.

At the start of this year, one of my goals was to get selected to the Veterans Victorian Squad. In order for this to happen you need to enter a number of the Veterans events and do well. Anyway, the final selection for this squad would be after the the middle of July and the team selected will compete in the Australian Open Vets to be held in Perth, WA on Oct 11-18 this year.

Anyway, aside from the Veterans event I have also been entering some Senior Tournaments, just to get more competition. The good news is the Vic State Team for the Australian Open Championship was announced this week-end and I made it to the Over 30 Women's B Team!! Yippee!!!

This is the first time that an Over 30 Team's Event will be included in the Australian Open. Now, whether they let the B Team play is still up for decision by the TTA (Table Tennis Australia).

So I am over the moon and jumping up and down with joy .... I may be the weakest player in that team, but I made it to the selection! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 11:31 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

You've done very well! Congrats~

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 11:29 
Super User

Thanks Yuzuki,

Since my practice partner here in Daylesford has been side-lined with ankle tendonitis, I have decided to go to Ballarat to get extra practice hitting sessions.

It'll involved a lot of effort and time in getting my game up but I am willing to put in the work. So glad Ballarat club is so supportive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:04 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

:cheers: Spend the time and effort -- might make new friends too. After table tennis socials are pretty great, too. ;)

Sad to hear that your partner has been sidelined. Good thing the Ballarat club fellows are nice. :)

By the way, how's your team progress?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 08:45 
Super User

Team progress in the State Team?

I did send in an email to the TTV asking if we should wait for the TTA's decision if the B team will play. The reply was promising but not yet confirmed. So will not purchase any uniforms at this stage. Will however continue to undergo extra training sessions.

Team progress in Pennant competition?

No chance to make it in Daylesford, my team mates are not winning enough singles. I will most likely be the Leading player this season though and hopefully clinch the Club Championship as well.

In Ballarat there is a good chance we will be in the semi-finals. Right now our team is on number 2 (I play in A2) and there are only 2 rounds left before the Semi's.

Pity there is no such thing as "Pennant Competition" in the Phlippines. The only available venue back then was school competition. Is that still the case these days?