OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2017, 02:49


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 18:49 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 10:37
Posts: 180
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 16 times
Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
http://www.ittf.com/2017/04/01/table-re ... er-better/


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 19:30 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31113
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1366 times
Been thanked: 829 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Here is the video embedded:



Who will join zzzuppp and me in a protest to the ITTF? 8)

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 20:15 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 03:36
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
Actually looks kind of fun...

_________________
Other setups:
DHS Fang Bo 2 Blade/DHS Hurricane 8/Tibhar EL-S
DHS 506+ Blade/DHS Hurricane 8 39 degree Max/DHS Hurricane 8 39 degree Max
Xiom Vega Tour Blade/DHS Hurricane 8/DHS Gold Arc 3
Xiom Vega Pro Blade/Xiom Vega Japan/DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
XVT "Zhang Jike" ALC/Nexy Karis M/Nexy Karis M


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 23:16 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5203
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 565 times
Come on guys.. they call this "4er Tisch" and they have been doing it in Germany for years. They even hold tournaments now and then. Search YouTube, you'll find numerous videos of well known international players taking part. It's not meant to replace regular table tennis, it's a novelty thing they do for a change of pace. All you really need is four tables, a special net and lots of space.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017, 02:54 
Offline
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop
User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 08:20
Posts: 1323
Location: Egersund, Norway
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 121 times
Made me think of my youngest daughter's immediate reaction when she first saw a tennis court in real life. (She has accompanied me on TT trainings, on and off, since she learned to walk.) She said "It's just like a really large table ... without legs."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 19:18 
Offline
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers
User avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2008, 00:22
Posts: 1113
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
This actually looks like a lot of fun, and I think might even have significant wider appeal because the rallies are a bit of like tennis and TT combined, longer, with the ball traveling a longer distance as well. This enhances the visuals for spectators.

_________________
AHinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 Super FX
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 19:47 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31113
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1366 times
Been thanked: 829 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I've tried it, it's actually great fun! :up: :up: :up:

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 00:28 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2016, 11:07
Posts: 202
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Blade: Premade Bty
FH: Inverted Red
BH: Inverted Black
haggisv wrote:
I've tried it, it's actually great fun! :up: :up: :up:

Welp, there's no doubt about that; even I think it looks fun. The issue here is whether or not this change will be applied to the professional game, and what TT truly is as a whole. If it's just for fun and it's not going to affect the main game (like iskandar said), sure, who cares? Go for it, I say! HOWEVER, I'm sure many people would object to this decision if it were to affect the very heart of the TT game. I will say this right now; if the ITTF is serious, there will be anger and there will be riots in this forum. I personally will feel sad that TT is no longer what it used to be... I'm hoping that this really is an April Fools joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 01:29 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 03:36
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
Danthespearton wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I've tried it, it's actually great fun! :up: :up: :up:

Welp, there's no doubt about that; even I think it looks fun. The issue here is whether or not this change will be applied to the professional game, and what TT truly is as a whole. If it's just for fun and it's not going to affect the main game (like iskandar said), sure, who cares? Go for it, I say! HOWEVER, I'm sure many people would object to this decision if it were to affect the very heart of the TT game. I will say this right now; if the ITTF is serious, there will be anger and there will be riots in this forum. I personally will feel sad that TT is no longer what it used to be... I'm hoping that this really is an April Fools joke.


It really, really is an April Fools joke.

_________________
Other setups:
DHS Fang Bo 2 Blade/DHS Hurricane 8/Tibhar EL-S
DHS 506+ Blade/DHS Hurricane 8 39 degree Max/DHS Hurricane 8 39 degree Max
Xiom Vega Tour Blade/DHS Hurricane 8/DHS Gold Arc 3
Xiom Vega Pro Blade/Xiom Vega Japan/DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
XVT "Zhang Jike" ALC/Nexy Karis M/Nexy Karis M


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 01:42 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2016, 11:07
Posts: 202
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Blade: Premade Bty
FH: Inverted Red
BH: Inverted Black
darucla wrote:
Danthespearton wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I've tried it, it's actually great fun! :up: :up: :up:

Welp, there's no doubt about that; even I think it looks fun. The issue here is whether or not this change will be applied to the professional game, and what TT truly is as a whole. If it's just for fun and it's not going to affect the main game (like iskandar said), sure, who cares? Go for it, I say! HOWEVER, I'm sure many people would object to this decision if it were to affect the very heart of the TT game. I will say this right now; if the ITTF is serious, there will be anger and there will be riots in this forum. I personally will feel sad that TT is no longer what it used to be... I'm hoping that this really is an April Fools joke.


It really, really is an April Fools joke.

Thank God!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: