OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 23:22 

I have heard about this problem that the USATT had at a national tournament and I have heard that there was some arbitation about it.

I have not found a good explaination of what's going on or what happen and wanted to know if someone could inform me of the problem and what's going on at USAtt?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 13:15 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
It's a pretty long story. I believe there are still links on the USATT website to the description of the issue, the original resolution and the arbitrator's finding.

http://www.usatt.org

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 14:57 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Mark H. will likely be at the next TWU tourney. You can ask him, Jasna, or Kieth what is up and get a perspective entirely different from the internet news.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 00:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
speedplay wrote:
Short version, the players who participated wanted more money, when they didn't get it, they refused to continue to play. USATT suspended them for ... 1 year? But the suspension have already been lifted.

The USATT Board of Directors and USATT Ethics Committee ruled that...

"...the Respondents' actions in making the demands, and threatening to boycott the men's singles if the demands were not met, basically amounted to an extortion attempt. The panel finds that the Respondents' conduct in so doing was unethical, unsportsmanlike, improper, obviously wrong, and unbecoming of a member of USATT.

"The panel finds that the Respondents' collective actions in failing to continue to play in the Men's Singles sabotaged the event, regardless of any stated reasons for doing so, and that that the Respondents' overall actions in this matter were harmful to USATT."

After the one-year suspension, two of the suspended players exercised their right to arbitration.

The arbitrator saw nothing wrong in the players shaking down the USATT for more money, then after the USATT refused to buckle, following through on their threat to destroy the men's finals of the National tournament.

In fact the arbitrator ruled it was the USATT Board of Directors and Ethics Committee in the wrong for disciplining the players on such a flimsy pretense as destroying our national championship!!!

In his half-baked decision the arbitrator couldn't even get the name of the USATT right, referring to them throughout as "USTT."

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 02:59 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Ha ha ha, Bob, it sounds like our opinions are identical on this issue.

From what I understand, instead of the USATT board spending their time and energy coming up with plans to develop the sport, now they're going to have to divert their attention to coming up with a bunch of legal speak that will have to go into every entry form and into the bylaws that will outlaw unethical behavior by players at tournaments. So, not only did those players sabotage the event, they've distracted the organization from developing the sport as well.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 01:00 

I appreciate everyone's comments. I have found some things to read up on it. It's terrible that these players would have such low ethical value that they couldn't address these issues in a more appropriate way. The USATT needs to fix these problems and give themselves more power.

I'm glad we still had a final.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 02:08 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Yes, I'm very happy for the young man who ended up winning the final. His victory actually did more to promote the sport, because of his age, than any of the players that pulled out would have if they had won.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!