OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 00:04 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

It sounds like it was tough going out there with all of those underrated players. It looks like Dandy has a truckload of unrated/unregistered players (theres only about 40 on the current list but I understand far more than that play comp there. A friend of mine plays Top grade in the Masters and even he's not rated). It certainly makes it difficult to win the section events. Hopefully you don't lose any rating points.

Any further results on the Vets or the mens open?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 00:41 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I'm not sure how many play in Dandenong but much more than 40 :), Reb should know but I'd guess 200+? so that does leave a lot of unknowns around the place and it's natural for them to enter their local tournament, whether they should be allowed is a bit of another story for people other than me to decide. On one side of the coin you want as many people to enter as possible on the other side, people aren't playing because of that, so you don't really win.

In the mens open Today, Hemming lost to Shibaji in the Semi's I'm not sure how that happened because Hemming was well up and dominating when I stopped watching. Powell was a machine and gave Semmler and lesson in table tennis in his Semi, that was an 11-5 kind of affair if not even worse than that then I assume he went on to beat Shibaji in the final. I didn't finish watching the end of it but it was looking like no one could get near him. Miao and Jian went to 7, Miao was looking to win that easily early on until her rubber started to peel off, well it started to peel off even before the match, that broke her rhythm and finally it got so bad she had to change to her spare bat and never quite got her mojo back. Although for my money she was playing very well and looked dominant through most of the match. Little Dominic easily beat Nathan and Dillon? in the under 21s?, easily enough to make them look well under his rating at times when he was in his moments of inspiration that he seems to have. He gets pumped, starts talking to himself and wins 8 points in a row... A lot of potential there.

In the next round Hemming played him like a cat plays a half dead mouse.... Not sure if that really should have been the case or if it was only because the young fellow clearly looks up to him as his hero. I don't think he's that long away from giving him a hard match once he stops seeing him like that. They pulled the results down from the Vets before I could get a decent look at them, a lot of the better players in the open sections weren't playing anyway. I'm sure they will have all the results on TTV's "T" section in about...... 4 months time :rofl: :lol:.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 01:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
The odd thing about Dandy is that we have around 300-350 players playing competition each year and most of them, if not all, are registered (or are by some stage during the year). I don't know all Dandy the players who played in the tournament, but I know a couple who may not be registered (not sure), but they don't actually play competition at Dandy - they just fill-in. We have a number of players like that, and it seems like some of them played in the tourney. I think it would help registration if the club submitted our pennant results for us all to get ratings, but they refuse to do it for some reason. I don't know why this is exactly. Its a bit weird. And when you see nothing for your TTV rego fee every year, you do get a bit jack of having to pay it. Anyway, I want to play in a tourney or 2 this year so I'm registered. Although I haven't not been registered in any year I've played TT anyway, regardless of whether I've played tourney's or not. As far as I know, most Dandy comp players are the same.

As for you getting to know my game foam, if we get to play in a match at Geelong, that will be the real judge of what you find out lol. But it was good to finally have a hit today and yesterday given we didn't get a chance at Mornington. The championship turnout tonight was a fizzer in my grade. Just 4 players. I won one (really easy -3,-4,-3) and made the final and lost it to a guy who always gives me trouble. He and I teamed for the doubles against the other two and walked away with an easy medal. :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 01:23 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

haha I realise your a competitive fellow and will hold your cards closely :) at least I can have a think about the pace and spin the ball comes off your blade between now and then, better than having no clue at all!:), it'll be tight in any case. Who knows I may put in a month solid practice with long or short pips yet so even I don't know how I will be playing by then :P. Maybe all it takes for Dandenong to get pennant results in is for someone to volunteer to enter them. I know Croydon have one man for each grade so that it's not such a big job :up:. Who thinks I can get out of this chair and make it to the bed.... I'm not so sure I can :rofl:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 19:59 

Back to the initial subject, I tried to find out tonight the best way to register for TTV through the Ballarat club. They said that all pennant players are automatically registered with TTV! I couldn't talk with the man responsible for lodging the registrations tonight but I will try and confirm this tomoorow or Monday.

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:07 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Malleus wrote:
Back to the initial subject, I tried to find out tonight the best way to register for TTV through the Ballarat club. They said that all pennant players are automatically registered with TTV! I couldn't talk with the man responsible for lodging the registrations tonight but I will try and confirm this tomoorow or Monday.

Automatic registration? What's the fee and season structure at Ballarat? Is the first season more expensive?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:16 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
Maybe all it takes for Dandenong to get pennant results in is for someone to volunteer to enter them. I know Croydon have one man for each grade so that it's not such a big job

I'm sure I've explained this before to you, but the entry of the results is not the issue. They are all entered for local calculations anyway. There's another reason, but anyone who asks gets fobbed off with other BS excuses. They reckon TTV would want to re-organise our club divisions or something, which just makes no sense to me.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 20:26 

Same price for all seasons except it is $10 per night for 11 rubber format matches and $8 for 5 rubber format. TTV does not have me as a member yet although I only joined the Ballarat club this year. Still in the process of trying to confirm.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 20:47 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

What normally happens is that the club will send in all the players rego details and the money around about March/April depending on what time of year they start playing so they might not have done it yet. I can do a rego search if you want, there's a thing to search that and import players into your local clubs pennants in the pennant results database thing. It shows what club a player is registered at and the expiry date

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 22:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Malleus wrote:
Same price for all seasons except it is $10 per night for 11 rubber format matches and $8 for 5 rubber format. TTV does not have me as a member yet although I only joined the Ballarat club this year. Still in the process of trying to confirm.

Ok. Not sure how many seasons and nights you play in a year, but if my club did it that way and you play all year as I do, TTV rego would cost $80 (40 11 rubber nights per year, 40 5 rubber nights). We pay $8 per night irrespective of the rubbers, but we pay the TTV fee whatever it is, additional. I guess the only thing in Ballarat is they would have to pay the country fee, which I think is $52 per player up front and then hope players play enough nights to recover it.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 08:05 

foam wrote:
What normally happens is that the club will send in all the players rego details and the money around about March/April depending on what time of year they start playing so they might not have done it yet. I can do a rego search if you want, there's a thing to search that and import players into your local clubs pennants in the pennant results database thing. It shows what club a player is registered at and the expiry date

Thanks for that info foam. I thought it was likely just to be a time issue. Don't trouble yourself with a search, I already rang the friendly staff at TTV and they did a search for me, that was negative so far. Will speak to the responsible person at my club on Monday.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 08:24 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Reb what you pay in the country is $50 which is just a few bucks less than the metro rates, Ballarat is so close to Melbourne that it surely would be within the metro zone. That covers you for a year with TTV, anything over the top of that will be a fee to join the club. Some clubs charge $10 or something, most don't charge anything. The you pay your typically $6-10 per night to cover the cost of running the club, hall hire/rent/lease, table/ball replacement etc

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 14:58 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
Reb what you pay in the country is $50 which is just a few bucks less than the metro rates, Ballarat is so close to Melbourne that it surely would be within the metro zone. That covers you for a year with TTV, anything over the top of that will be a fee to join the club. Some clubs charge $10 or something, most don't charge anything. The you pay your typically $6-10 per night to cover the cost of running the club, hall hire/rent/lease, table/ball replacement etc

Actually its $7 less then. I don't understand why country is cheaper really, especially when they get country week to go with it as well. We city dwellers get next to nothing for it. I'm pretty sure Ballarat falls into the country zone still. If they play country week, they pay country rate. Same as Mornington which is closer than Ballarat.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 17:01 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

It costs less just because of the insurance, rehabilitation, wage compensation (wages are much less in the country) city folks I would bet average more injury's, all that costs the insurance company less outside the city. It's like car insurance, it's twice as high in the city because cars don't get stolen in the country and there's far less crashes.

I think it should be half the price myself just because 90% of the tournaments are inside the metro area. You can't win any city vs country arguments when it comes to who gets the rough end of the stick in table tennis :D, 7 bucks isn't any compensation for lack of proper stadiums and no tournaments.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 18:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

foam wrote:
It costs less just because of the insurance, rehabilitation, wage compensation (wages are much less in the country) city folks I would bet average more injury's, all that costs the insurance company less outside the city. It's like car insurance, it's twice as high in the city because cars don't get stolen in the country and there's far less crashes.

I think it should be half the price myself just because 90% of the tournaments are inside the metro area. You can't win any city vs country arguments when it comes to who gets the rough end of the stick in table tennis :D, 7 bucks isn't any compensation for lack of proper stadiums and no tournaments.

Not when it comes to Vets! :P Most of them are in the country! And why would city people get hurt more than country at TT. That makes no sense to me. And comparing it to car insurance is irrelevant cos accidents and theft are a totally different issue to insuring for falling over a barrier. Higher car insurance in the city at least makes more sense. As for the country not having stadiums...where you live I agree, but a lot of the country areas have great facilities (eg. Ballarat, Mornington, etc).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next