OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 18:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 06:16 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Last mens match - Andrew Baggaley vs Justin Han

William Henzell and Justin Han played all the matches for Australia because Robert Frank turned his ankle in the warm up.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 18:01 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
This is the last match from the womens international and is my favourite of the night. It's between Joanna Parker and Vivian Tan and is a real tactical battle between two contrasting styles. Lot's of push deep then chop, then roll/loop, then chop/float, then short drop shot etc etc as one player tries to bring in,then push out and then bring in the defender again waiting for the right ball to hit, whilst the defender tries to disguise their defensive shots with float and spin variations and depth and height variation, trying to draw a mistake from their oponent or waiting for a lose pop up return which they can then step in and attack. It's a tight match which swings one way then the other. In the editing I've left in the players reactions after the points have been won or lost before cutting to the next serve - just watch Vivian Tan towards the end of the second game when things are not going well and then again in the third when she starts to turn it around. It's amazing how body language and reactions can give an opponent confidence.

It wa a fitting end to the night and ironically a match which would never have been played under ITTF team rules as GB had won the international 3:1 before this match between Parker and Tan was played.

Thankfully our league had learned from previous European team events we'd hosted where matches had been won 3:0 and then ended ie the two remaining matches were never played. We asked both the GB and Australia teams when these match was being set up to play out all the matches regardless of the overall score and they both kindly agreed - good practice guaranteed for all of the players and good entertainment for the audience.

I hope people have enjoyed the videos and got a little insight in to a local league putting on an international fixture in their home town. I'll sum up whether it was a success for us as a league later.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 17:49 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
So is this your league that put this on? I loved watching the games - Joanna is one of my favourite players to watch. Thanks very much!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012, 19:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Debater wrote:
I hope people have enjoyed the videos and got a little insight in to a local league putting on an international fixture in their home town. I'll sum up whether it was a success for us as a league later.

Well your efforts are certainly a success online, the videos are great, and it's really good to see the top Aussies playing the top GB players! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!