OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 05:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 04:18 
Super User

adham wrote:
1. You are welcome to find a celluloid producing manufacturer willing to continue...

2. And you can prove that you really exist ...

:lol:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 04:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

If 86% of all ITTF funding must go through TMS first, then TMS is in essence in control of all ITTF management decisions... Just follow the money.
Who are the biggest TMS customers?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 04:54 
King of Ping!

roundrobin wrote:
If 86% of all ITTF funding must go through TMS first, then TMS is in essence in control of all ITTF management decisions... Just follow the money.
Who are the biggest TMS customers?

To clarify, TMS cannot sign any contract without the approval and co-singing of the ITTF. TMS is the Marketing Agency of the ITTF and negotiates on behalf of the ITTF. Most IFs work with marketing agencies. The main sponsors of the ITTF are Volkswagen, Liebherr, GAC Group, China Unicom, The Sportsman Group, and may other smaller ones, plus many TV network, too many to mention here.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 07:05 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
pippy1 wrote:
Lorre wrote:
That's why I call upon everybody who wants to take initiative, to PM me in order to brainstorm about ideas, outline them and execute them.
Smartguy wrote:
Honestly, I do not trust you and I am not going to explain why, I am not going to PM you, you may take whatever initiative you want, it is your right. Nevertheless, I greatly appreciate your participating in the discussion on this thread.

What causes people not to care (apathy), become argumentative/defensive, rise up in rebellion is IMO, the ITTF are not "seen" to be fair by some. People (including forum posters) must not only be fair, but must be SEEN to be fair. Once this trust goes out the window, people find it increasingly difficult to engage in a meaningful exchange of ideas.

Lorre, it might be more advantageous that you go according to your plan and leave out the "dissenters". You might actually progress and also get a better response from the ITTF seeing that they are quite happy to respond to sympathetic writers. Good on you for this initiative, and I mean it.

Tassie52 wrote:
Smartguy wrote:
Lorre wrote:
That's why I call upon everybody who wants to take initiative, to PM me in order to brainstorm about ideas, outline them and execute them.

Honestly, I do not trust you and I am not going to explain why, I am not going to PM you, you may take whatever initiative you want, it is your right. Nevertheless, I greatly appreciate your participating in the discussion on this thread.

Herein lies the problem. Smartguy is perfectly at liberty to distrust whoever he feels like, whether or not they have ever done anything dishonest or untrustworthy.

It's so much easier to suspect everyone who disagrees with you than it is to consider that they might have something sensible to contribute.

Thanx pippy. ;) I'll probably do that...

For me the whole second quotation says it all. Only in working together we stand a chance against the ITTF and their doubtful rule changes. Remember, the ITTF isn't a one man show only: it exists of a lot of people trusting each other to a certain extent. And what do we do? We distrust each other... Final result will be that the ITTF will enforce this rule without any form of resistance. For those who want proof of this statement :lol: : check your history books. If you want to fight a dubious authority, then the first thing you need is to form a group.

Smartguy, in order to keep the topic on the rails, you always are allowed to PM me your reason of your distrust against me. I'll be glad to rectify my dubious words (which I suppose are the basis of your distrust) then.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 08:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Adham, thank you for the clarifications.

So TMS International is a non-profit corporation wholly owned by the ITTF or is it owned by an individual/individuals/another corporation, etc?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 10:44 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Thanks Adham for comming on to this forum, this is seldom seen where the Top people from sporting organisations talk to the grass roots players
All the best to You, your Family and Friends for Xmas and New Year
:party:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 03:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Quote:
Terry Guan, Marketing manager of the DHS: "The seamless ball is bouncy and speedy, though the spin is not as terrific. Through experimentations, we wish to figure out the principles governing the seamless ball. The seamless ball is currently being standardized. Once it is released worldwide, there will be new requirements for both techniques and equipment."

Quote:
William Henzell: The first thing you notice is the different sound - it's a much harder bounce noise and sounds like the ball is broken. It is much harder to generate spin with the new balls (sorry pimplers, I guess) and the ball acts a little different in situations with spinny shots. I found the new balls had showed less dip (and general movement) through the air on topspins than the old balls and had a truer bounce which was often higher than I was expecting. Simply put - spin will probably play a smaller role in table tennis in the future.

Quote:
Liu Ziyan (Beijing Table Tennis Team): Players using (foreign<grippy/non-tacky>) rubbers fare better. People like us who play tacky rubbers plus grazing are in hot water. I graze all day long to little avail and keep missing. Even after grazing the end result falls short of desirable as the ball hardly carries any spin. Playing with pace is ineffective as it gives the opponent opportunities once you slow down.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 05:53 
Super User

I have played for about 3 weeks with a set of poly balls from one of the large manufacturers. Four different formulations, been quite interesting experience thus far.

And yes, they all work with my robot (SmartPong).

Yasaka Single Ply Hinoki Cpen (8mm) - Yasaka Original Soft (1.0mm)

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 05:57 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kryptos wrote:
I have played for about 3 weeks with a set of poly balls from one of the large manufacturers. Four different formulations, been quite interesting experience thus far.

Do you agree with the above comments?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 06:06 
Super User

The different formulations play quite differently. The very hard formula is hard to spin and I find difficult to control with my current equipment. The softest formula is easy to spin but seems to lack the pace of celluloid ball. One of the two mid-range formulations seems quite close to the current celluloid ball although the sound is different (38mm vs 40mm had same sound issue).

Size is not noticed.

This all said I have no idea how decision will be made for final formulation and manufacturing specification although my assumption is the Chinese TT folk will decide and everyone one else will second their agreement.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 06:08 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Kryptos wrote:

Does the "different formulations" also mean different surface texture (possibly changing spin and speed characteristics, sort of like golf ball dimples)?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 06:18 
Super User

keme wrote:
Kryptos wrote:

Does the "different formulations" also mean different surface texture (possibly changing spin and speed characteristics, sort of like golf ball dimples)?

No, surface was same on all balls, matte finish like current celluloid.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 00:11 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Kryptos wrote:
keme wrote:
Kryptos wrote:

No, surface was same on all balls, matte finish like current celluloid.

Were some balls grippier than others?

Did you get the chance to try with lp's tacky and non -tacky rubbers? If so what were the results?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 06:21 
Super User

Robot Blocker wrote:

Did you get the chance to try with lp's tacky and non -tacky rubbers? If so what were the results?

Some were softer which allowed more dwell on bat face and more spin. No apparent difference in ball surface nor in surface friction.

No, I play 1 side Cpen, very simple set up, no LP. I played with both Yasaka Original and Mark V, that is all.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011, 07:14 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Kryptos wrote:
Robot Blocker wrote:

Some were softer which allowed more dwell on bat face and more spin. No apparent difference in ball surface nor in surface friction.

No, I play 1 side Cpen, very simple set up, no LP. I played with both Yasaka Original and Mark V, that is all.

With softer balls i find the ball does not travel as far (as the harder one ) was this your finding?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next