OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 17:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 00:23 
Super User

roundrobin wrote:
Gollum wrote:
Fashion ball hf wrote:

5.1 Conclusion
5.1.1 Polyball use new synthetic plastic with non-toxic, harmless, safety, environmental protection and other benefits, clearly better than the ball made of celluloid, full compliance with ITTF requirements to innovate the material of table tennis ball, promote table tennis ball movement toward a scientific and balanced direction.

------from China Tianjin University of Sport, Zhang Mingyin, Master's Thesis,

This is definitely incorrect all plastic is toxic when it burn it gives off cyanide related gases in other words smoke, breath it in & the health risks are enormous with death a possible outcome.
With such an incorrect statement in this report what of the rest of it?

Exactly. Not to mention plastics and their manufacturing byproducts will keep polluting the earth for a hundred million years.

Yes. Though frankly, the amount of plastic used yearly to make TT balls is hardly a big thing compared to all the other uses of plastic.

BTW, celluloid is a plastic. One of the oldest if not the oldest plastic. And it is biodegradable. In fact, that's been one of the problems with celluloid when used in other products. It's lack of stability was one reason that manufacturers sought out other more stable plastic materials. If you do an overall analysis, you might find that celluloid is one of the "greenest" plastics that could be used to make TT balls. I'm not sure, but it's a fair wager.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 00:24 
Super User

google wrote:
my friend got a improved seamless ball with good sound, the feeling is very good when we play, it's difficult to distinguish the new ball and old ball. I was told the ball came from the factory which provide new ball to players for testing and collecting statistic data and comments after play.

If true, then the ball is almost surely not 40.2mm in diameter, but much closer to 40.0mm.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 00:32 

After reading again.. I'll assume this to be the Palio ball as the OP mentioned in his other thread that "DHS" didn't produce the polyball and his threads have all been about the Palio ball.

Clearly...DHS has produced the seamless poly ball for the ITTF.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 13:01 

Recently seen a video online about China national women's B team testing new materials seam ball, http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrhcogy0.html, it is supposedly from China Central television news reports. By the report, the new material seam ball is easy to be broken, not only the problem of crack, but completely broken, it's awful! which means the cost I buy the ball could be higher in the future, my God! my poor wallet. But I've learned from my HK friends that seamless ball they are now playing with is very durable, bounce is also very good, life is longer than celluloid ball. Just hope the price of the seamless ball would not be too expensive, it seems that seamless ball has not been on sale, who knows why? I will try it with my friend when I go to HK next time.