OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 06:51 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Dear Friends,

In an effort to improve ALL aspects of the ITTF, and to modernize all our functions, the ITTF Computer Ranking has been completely redesigned to run systematically and automatically using an application that extracts the results from our website. For the events that count for Ranking but are not covered by our website, a special function has been designed to automatically include these results as well. This means that the ITTF Ranking will be produced automatically through a seamless and automatic calculation from results to ranking.

The Rating and Bonus points calculations (Rating + Bonus = Ranking) and the entire system remains the same, the change is in the way the Ranking is produced. Instead of a manual data-entry or transfer of data from results files, the calculations will now be made automatically. The only human involvement will be checking the accuracy of the results. The Ranking will continue to be produced on a monthly basis as usual.

Based on a recommendation from the Athletes" Commission, the Bonus points have been increased for 2014. This information is already posted on our website.

The advantage of this new application is that when we have proposals for change, these changes can be tested in parallel to the current system. This is a huge advantage, as these experimental rankings can be produced on demand in a very short time. This can allow us to compare different Rating Tables, Bonus Tables, and other variables in order to make the best decisions to improve the system.

While converting from the old calculation system to the new application, our experts discovered errors in the results processed last year with the old system. To be fair to all the players, our experts are now in the process of correcting these errors in order to ensure that the ranking is correct and fair for everyone.

There will be a delay in the production of the February 2014 Ranking list (originally due on 5th February). You will be informed of the new issue date shortly. For the March Ranking list and subsequent lists, the Ranking will be issued in the first 5 days of the month as usual.

If you have any questions, please address them to me and I will redirect them to the right person for response.

I thank you for your understanding and I look forward to an error-free modernized application for our Ranking.

Adham Sharara
President

INTERNATIONAL TABLE TENNIS FEDERATION
President's Office
a: 18 Louisa Street, Suite 180, Ottawa, ON Canada K1R 6Y6
t: +1 613 733 2468 | f: +1 613 733 4603
e:  [email protected] | w: ITTF.com

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 07:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
rodderz wrote:
In an effort to improve ALL aspects of the ITTF, and to modernize all our functions, the ITTF Computer Ranking has been completely redesigned to run systematically and automatically using an application that extracts the results from our website. For the events that count for Ranking but are not covered by our website, a special function has been designed to automatically include these results as well. This means that the ITTF Ranking will be produced automatically through a seamless and automatic calculation from results to ranking.

Who did the redesign? How much were they paid? Are they relatives of Sharara?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 07:56 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

mynamenotbob wrote:
rodderz wrote:

Who did the redesign? How much were they paid? Are they relatives of Sharara?

Well I got his phone number now, mind you I think ill see him in a few months anyway,
I think seamless is the in word for them

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms