OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 18:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 22:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LOOPOVER wrote:
BRS wrote:
I don't know if the great majority of members don't play tournaments. I would be very surprised if that were the case. There are only about 8000 members and with tournaments all over the country it seems like there must be close to that many unique tournament players in a year.

Remember there are hardly any leagues here, so unless you enter a tourney you are only playing practice matches and there is no practical way to track your progress.

Per TT Spin Membership Statistics (USATT) .... Current membership has 2,211 who have played in a tournament within the past 5 years ....

2,211 current members played in the last five years, but 17,620 total, and 8,611 in two years. That sort of begs the question about retention. How long does the median USATT member maintain their membership?

All those players who joined, played a tournament or two, then let their membership lapse -- are they still playing TT somewhere, just not competing? Free associate membership seems designed to lure them back.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 22:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

On a side note, I never use TTspin so maybe I just don't understand, but it doesn't have my last six tournaments. For me it stops in 2014, or before USATT changed their ratings to the new system, Railstation or whatever. But I guess the membership numbers show such a clear pattern that it doesn't matter if they are exactly up-to-date.

On the retention issue, I wonder what peer organizations median duration of membership is, like the USTA for tennis.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 08:44 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Many of those 8000 members are lifetime members.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 07:25 

pgpg wrote:
BRS wrote:
I don't know if the great majority of members don't play tournaments. I would be very surprised if that were the case. There are only about 8000 members and with tournaments all over the country it seems like there must be close to that many unique tournament players in a year.

Remember there are hardly any leagues here, so unless you enter a tourney you are only playing practice matches and there is no practical way to track your progress.

USATT had singles league program for quite some time, so you can just create new one for your club and track your progress that way. Can even make it private so no one sees the results. Don't need to be USATT member either. League rating is independent from USATT tournament one - see my signature.

http://www.usatt.net/league/singles/exi ... eagues.asp

If you currently have a USATT League, will it be unaffected by these changes? We have a lot of records on there! Thanks. Just to clarify, are they doing away with the USATT League system?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2016, 22:24 

Thanks. Thats interesting. I might give that one a try. I see you use DHS Hurricane 8 and Yasaka Mark V. How do you find the control on those rubbers?