OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 01:47 

Debater wrote:
Thanks for answering all the questions you've been asked Torsten. I hope Mr Weikert recognises the hard work you've / you are putting in to getting this right for all concerned.

He does, for which I am thankful or course. But I do not claim to be that special in doing my work. Most important to me is that my postings do help a bit. That is good to hear, thanks.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 12:46 

Blade: Gatien Extra Avalox P500
FH: K1 Hybrid Tuple 007 PRO
BH: V402DE Rasant
Baal wrote:
Torsten, I'm going to offer a very well-informed opinion, even though you are not asking for it.

We now have good 40+ balls on the market, for example Nittaku Premium 40+ (from Japan), the ITTF approved seamless balls, and most recently the new DHS D40+ ABS balls, which are excellent (and sold at a very good price). While these three types of balls are not identical in characteristics, they are close enough that we can live with it.

Really? Down here at my level, the Nittaku Premium 40+ gives me a noticeable advantage when I compare it to the XuShaoFa Seemless versus a couple of my regular opponents.

I try and play using spin variation (from knuckle punches to loops and medium spin chops) and attack weak balls. Two of my regular opponents are pick hitters who don't loop or chop. They push and pick hit, block and counterhit.

It's worth noting that I *like* both balls, but I notice I can create more variation safer and more easily with the Nittakus (they seem to stay lower and spin more, whereas the XuShaoFa seem lighter, less spinny and they stand up higher on bounces).

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 00:00 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Im not sure if I am comparing correctly,

Butterfly 40+ ~= DHS D40+ ~= Nittaku Premium ~= Yasaka 40+ 3* balls ? These are all seam-plastic balls ?

XuShaoFa(made by Stag or rebranded by Stag??? ) ~= Stag ~= Sanwei 40+ ~= Yinhe 40+ ( either blue or red ) 3* balls ? and these are all seamless balls ?

I dunno but I prefer the seamless balls a LOT more ! They feel harder, bouncy, heavier than the seam balls. Some reason seam-balls "feel" lightweight and "floaty". Makes the spin and speed die suddenly ! I think ball will travel a little further and it just drops like a dead ball.

Seamless isn't without some gripes from me. Suddenly skidding on the table, or not bouncing up or bouncing too high too much, sometimes an entire packet of 4 or 6 contains EVERY ball that is wobbly and not even ! Such quality issues clearly show the old celluloid was and will always be the more superior material for a long time to come.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 09:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

man_iii wrote:
Im not sure if I am comparing correctly,

Butterfly 40+ ~= DHS D40+ ~= Nittaku Premium ~= Yasaka 40+ 3* balls ? These are all seam-plastic balls ?

XuShaoFa(made by Stag or rebranded by Stag??? ) ~= Stag ~= Sanwei 40+ ~= Yinhe 40+ ( either blue or red ) 3* balls ? and these are all seamless balls ?

I dunno but I prefer the seamless balls a LOT more ! They feel harder, bouncy, heavier than the seam balls. Some reason seam-balls "feel" lightweight and "floaty". Makes the spin and speed die suddenly ! I think ball will travel a little further and it just drops like a dead ball.

Seamless isn't without some gripes from me. Suddenly skidding on the table, or not bouncing up or bouncing too high too much, sometimes an entire packet of 4 or 6 contains EVERY ball that is wobbly and not even ! Such quality issues clearly show the old celluloid was and will always be the more superior material for a long time to come.

Yes, that is correct. However, it should be noted that Butterfly 40+ and the Nittaku SHA (both made from cellulose acetate and essentially identical) are different from Nittaku Premium 40+ and D40+ (both made of ABS and similar to each other but not identical). However all these balls have seams. The cellulose acetate balls make playing a miserable experience. Butterfly also sells something called the G40+ that is made in Germany by a company that is better known for making containers for anti-perspirants and deodorants. (The usual Butterly 40+ that I think you are talking about is made in China, probably by the same factory as Double Fish). The G40+ also has a seam but it is different again from everything else on the market. Very slick on the outside and a bizarre sound. Terrible IMHO.

As for the difference between seamless and the two ABS balls, my preference runs to whichever one I have been practicing with the most lately. Right now, that is D40+.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 11:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
What material are the seamless balls made of?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics