OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Association
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32962
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Retriever [ 10 May 2018, 11:44 ]
Post subject:  TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Association

Browsing the Table Tennis Australia web site, looking at News and I was struck by this item.

Looked at the date on it. Not 1st April. Definitely before WTTTC.

And they say that the law is an ass.

Author:  haggisv [ 10 May 2018, 12:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

Yes that put a smile on my face as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  SuperHappyFunSlider [ 10 May 2018, 15:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

If you've read the TTA Annual reports and seen the financials for the last 12 months and the financial impact of their exercise with the ITTF Platinum tour event, it makes at least a little more sense.

I'd be taking any money I can get if I were in their position!

Author:  birchamboi [ 10 May 2018, 16:11 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

Hey, you take donkeys lightly at your own peril. More people are killed each year from donkey kicks than from shark attacks.

Author:  Retriever [ 10 May 2018, 16:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
Quote:
If you've read the TTA Annual reports and seen the financials for the last 12 months and the financial impact of their exercise with the ITTF Platinum tour event, it makes at least a little more sense.

I'd be taking any money I can get if I were in their position!


Yeah, I read that too. Saw where there have been a number of loans given, couldn't initially find it on the balance sheet then took a closer look.

Has the root cause of the loss on the Australian Open been identified?

If, as a little bird may have whispered in my ear, it was a sponsor not handing over sponsorship money, why was that not recovered as I assume a contract would have been involved?

Author:  SuperHappyFunSlider [ 11 May 2018, 07:59 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

Retriever wrote:

Yeah, I read that too. Saw where there have been a number of loans given, couldn't initially find it on the balance sheet then took a closer look.

Has the root cause of the loss on the Australian Open been identified?

If, as a little bird may have whispered in my ear, it was a sponsor not handing over sponsorship money, why was that not recovered as I assume a contract would have been involved?


Yep - It's in the profit and loss, Big expense tied to the event which is basically a written off loss. Your little bird sounds very similar to my little bird :-)

The fact TTA survived is a positive - I'm sure they'll have many years now where there is not going to be any tax while they keep working back that loss. Massive credit to the CEO and team as I said - what a scary thing to inherit.

Author:  Retriever [ 11 May 2018, 12:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
Quote:
The fact TTA survived is a positive - I'm sure they'll have many years now where there is not going to be any tax while they keep working back that loss. Massive credit to the CEO and team as I said - what a scary thing to inherit.


Oh I totally agree. Poisoned chalice and all. I welcome the new constitution and that there will be more active oversight of these things from the directors who are largely immediate stakeholders - representatives of the state TT associations (ACT & NT included).

Just thinking that if it (Oz Open) was done on a commercial basis then there would (should?) have been legally enforceable sponsorship contracts, and someone like the ASC could have been enlisted to get legal and everything. Also, what about event insurance? Or did TTA underwrite that itself? Would event insurance cover that?


What do I know? I just play at a club once a week, run a 2 hour TT session at a community centre once a week, am on the committee of a local association and occasionally umpire.

Would anything get discussed at the TTA AGM on the 19th?

Author:  haggisv [ 11 May 2018, 19:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

I Googled Australian Donkey Industry Association, does not actually come up with anything, nor does TTA have a link to their site. It does make you wonder what Australian Donkey Industry Association gets out of the sponsorship deal.

Author:  Retriever [ 11 May 2018, 21:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

haggisv wrote:
Quote:
I Googled Australian Donkey Industry Association, does not actually come up with anything, nor does TTA have a link to their site. It does make you wonder what Australian Donkey Industry Association gets out of the sponsorship deal.


That is certainly fodder for thought.

Author:  iskandar taib [ 17 May 2018, 12:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTA now sponsored by Australian Donkey Industry Associat

Donkey Industry?? Might they be the folks skinning donkeys and sending the skins to China? :lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/scie ... ejiao.html

Iskandar

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/