OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 17:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Welcome to the forum 2xreversed :up:

Sounds like you want a Stiga blade with the Legend handle, these are quite wide.

For forehand you'll probably like Victas 401 which i use myself, which is outstanding for slow spinny loops, and is actually a chopper rubber, so it chops well too.
For backhand, choose any pimple is going to make looping hard... it's good for blocking/hitting though, and yoy cn certainly chop with them too. The 802-40 is probably a good one to try at first, to see if it's suits you.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 10:44 

Blade: Stiga Alser defensive
FH: Friendship Tackspeed 2mm
BH: Sriver fx 2mm
Thank you haggisv.
The Yasaka Sweden Defensive is the blade I'm going for. I believe the blade material to be most similar to my old one and I can always swop the handles !
UK shops don't stock the stiga legend handle or even a basic stiga defensive blade for that matter.
Haven't considered a Victas rubber before, so I've looked into it.
The only modern day tension rubber I have tried on my FH is the Bluefire M3 which although gave spinny slow loops, was very difficult to fast loop drive and not overshoot !
Hence trying a Chinese rubber this season, which attacks remarkably well, but occasionally it feels a bit dead when away from the table chopping and the returns end up being short !

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 10:58 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Evolution FX-P max
BH: Tenergy 05 max
2xreversed wrote:
Quote:
Hence trying a Chinese rubber this season, which attacks remarkably well, but occasionally it feels a bit dead when away from the table chopping and the returns end up being short !

That rubber isn't Friendship RITC Tackspeed 2000 by any chance?

I used to use that on both sides. I went from that to Joola Tango and found myself pushing off the end of the table for a few weeks initially.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 20:45 

Blade: Stiga Alser defensive
FH: Friendship Tackspeed 2mm
BH: Sriver fx 2mm
Yes that's what it is Retriever !
The difference between the M3 and Tackspeed 2000 is huge when chopping.
More practice is needed !
But for my game, attacking with Tackspeed is easier.
Slow loops, full swing fast loop drives down the line and my favourite sidespin loops when retrieving, (occasionally around the net) are easier and far more consistent with this rubber.
I would just prefer it had a little bit more oomph when chopping !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150