OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 12:45 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Something tells me the ITTF will simply ignore the fact that they have "inadvertently" made Tensors illegal. Doesn't that mate of the ITTF guys own ESN?

I know certain people who stood on soapboxes to say that TT rubbers should be played "as tested" with no alterations and argue the point black and blue, and who proudly pronounce they will only play with Tensors. :roll:

I play with a Tensor and love it. I won't stop playing with it unless they actually do ban it. But I certainly understand why you think they should ban them Hookshot. I just don't think they will. Doesn't suit the agenda's I'd say. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 13:14 
Hey RebTTE,
I do not think Hookshot was saying that he wants Tensors banned. I think he means that the ITTF has to draw the line somewhere when it comes to the rule against alterations. I think that Hookshot means that it is a bit hypocritical for the ITTF to ban boosters/additives/glues/boosters but not ban Tensors.

Last edited by gibxam on 06 Nov 2008, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 13:31 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I knew Gibxam had something on the ball,,, :D :D :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:14 
Super User

You guys are ridiculous.

If you seriously want a dialogue with adham, you have to actually give him a chance to say something rather than putting words in his mouth, making assumptions, and simply getting the facts wrong. Why should he listen to you if you're not going to listen to him?

If you don't want a dialogue with him, there's probably no reason to have this section at all, you can just go back to your conspiracy theories in the general section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:18 

If you read other forums, you would see Adham say exactly what I wrote, they will check to see if the top sheet is stretched.
And they are coming out with a more sensitive Enez.
I have asked him some of these things before but he did not answer.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:21 

I am listening, don't hear him answering.
He has talked alot on other forums but does not always answer everything.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:43 
Super User

The first 14 posts in this thread were made in a span of less than four hours. Maybe i'm just weird but in my opinion that's not really giving someone a chance to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:52 

He wont be coming on here to ask questions, he will want to answer questions.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 16:56 
Quote:
This section is set aside for discussions between members/players, and their local or country association, and the ITTF. We seek constructive discussions about rules, management and promotion of our sport.

Isn't this section supposed to be for discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 17:57 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Kagin, Adham has every opportunity to speak here and read our views. The ridiculous thing would be to invite him here and not have anything for him to read or discuss. I take homage to being told I am ridiculous for simply expressing my views in the hope that someone would come on here and debate or discuss them. I'm pretty sure Haggisv didn't intend us to wait until Adham made a post here for us to post, and I'm also pretty sure we don't have to wait until he is online to "talk" to him either.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

And Max, I knew where Hookshot was coming from. I agree with him. I don't want Tensors banned either, but they either should be to be consistent or they should have a rationale on which to exempt them. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 19:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
kagin wrote:
You guys are ridiculous.

If you seriously want a dialogue with adham, you have to actually give him a chance to say something rather than putting words in his mouth, making assumptions, and simply getting the facts wrong. Why should he listen to you if you're not going to listen to him?

If you don't want a dialogue with him, there's probably no reason to have this section at all, you can just go back to your conspiracy theories in the general section.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this section. This is a forum section, just like every other one, where we all discuss these issue. It's not meant to be a dialogue between only Adham and us, and I know he understands this.

We can have constructive discussions on these issues between ourselves, and we would warmly welcome Adham's opinion and those of other officials here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 19:28 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I did notice different when I use tensor rubbers such as f1, Silver etc... they shrink a little, even when glueing it with normal glue and water based glue. After a month or so playing.

metal monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 11:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Quoting Adham from another one of his posts:

Quote:
Glue was meant as an adhesive and not as a performance enhancing tool. Now regarding Boosters and the such, they were never legal, ever! The rule was further clarified with the 2.4.7 rule adopted with more than 90% approval at our AGM. It is not ITTF's fault that players were breaking the rule already. We have received direction from the membershuip that the rules should be enforced strictly and we set out to do that.

Sure, tuners may always have been illegal... but then so was speed glue! Speed glue has been used by players for decades at all levels, and surely the ITTF was well aware of this, but turned a blind eye?... So to ban the tuners because it has always been illegal seems a little contraversial... and not surprisingly angered some people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 15:20 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
I think you misunderstand the purpose of this section. This is a forum section, just like every other one, where we all discuss these issue. It's not meant to be a dialogue between only Adham and us, and I know he understands this.

You're right, i misunderstood. Sorry, my mistake. I read it as:

discussions between (members/players, and their local or country association), and (the ITTF)

. . . as opposed to discussion among members which is basically what most of the other forum sections are for.

Anyway i thought it would be nice for adham to have a nice place to go to for earnest discussion away from the little kids at mytabletennis.net. After he posted there i very briefly considered registering an account there. It took me a few seconds to realize how silly that would be.

Maybe people don't realize how rude it is to ask a question of someone and then answer it themselves (incorrectly) without giving the supposed target a chance to answer. If i were adham i'd instantly decide that there's no use discussing with people who are convinced they know everything already, and not bother wasting time with them. And what disappoints me about that is it means that it would probably be a waste of time for me to post my own questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 17:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Well we'll have to wait and see... Adham is a busy man, but even if he only pops in every so often, I'd be happy.

It does not seem to bother him that there are discussion between members, even if sometimes they are a little aggressive or heated, and he can choose to answer the bits that he wants...

Hopefully this section will grow and we'll get some more officials here that are willing to participate... I've invited quite a few already, but it can take before they see my Emails, and often people like to look around a little before they jump in...
So in this respect it's very useful to start new topics and have constructive discussion...