OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 19:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yep I can't disagree when you put your points that way (that's a relief lol).

I certainly have no great issue with ruling out boosters. I do have an issue with some of the rule complications that make it hard for players who don't understand them well (and as we know there have been some things that have even had Silver and Dtop not 100% certain on the interpretation, and they're experts IMO). I think the clubs don't do enough here. Handing out a rule flyer isn't even done, but really they should have a compulsory rule class or session prior to each season. ATM it is assumed people know the rules and they are left to it and react with the ref when a problem occurs.

I certainly don't want massive changes to our sport as I love it the way it is. But I am very happy to see slight changes for the better.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 19:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think you're right... they're gonna need lawyers for this soon... :evil: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 04:35 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I think it would be a very proactive step if the ITTF took a lead here to recommend to national bodies the rules that are International/Pro specific and should not be enforced on local TT and the rules they would recommend are adopted by all.

I doubt very much this will ever happen for a couple of reasons:

When Mr. Shahara has stated that the ITTF rule set applies only to professionals and not to any other organizations -- he is exercising what is known as a "copout". The fact of the matter is he just doesn't want to deal with all of the whining and complaining from the grass roots level players. So this is how he is attempting to avoid it. He's trying to make it the responsibility of all the local and national organizations to deal with the whiners at the grassroots level -- even though he knows full well that the vast majority of them adopt the ITTF rule set, as is. Incidentally, this is also called a "buck pass".

Secondly: Can you imagine the logistical nightmare that they would face in trying to create a second set of rules for local and national play? How could they possibly decide which rules would be fair to modify and which ones would not? It would differ depending on what region/nationality/culture was playing these local or regional games. I doubt very much that the ITTF is interested in taking on this entirely new aspect of trying to promulgate rules.

They're messing up bad enough just doing the single set of rules that they are currently responsible for!

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 05:42 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

well our federation is turning a blind eye to boosting - I've been told there is no intention ever for provincial leagues to bring in strict bat controls regarding boosters. Some people - a minority - are still glueing and are being gently disuaded, no more. The F-less LP ban is being enforced. But there are no plans at provincial league or open comps for enez or thickness testing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 07:30 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Topic: Enez was alive and well...
Posted: Today at 3:47am
at our tournament yesterday won by Barney Reed. Officals will measure the logo of popular sheets to determine if they have been boosted(logo will stretch if topsheet has expanded.
Tensors will not be banned and frictionless will not return. This info was told to me by a national umpire.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Amazing. That will be very hard to measure accurately, surely??? My boosted rubber would only stretch a few mm over the full length, so the logo would probably only be stretched by a few tenths of a mm...

Very easy to fool too, just don't boost the bit with the logo...

I'm promoting using boosters here, but simply pointing out the flaw in the system

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:25 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Haggisv,
That is why I just posted that to see how long it would take for someone to spot the flaw. Hard to miss with red flags all over it, LOL.
The fact the ref said tensors will not be banned, tells me there has been ITTF discussion about my thread about tensors being banned. I might be wrong. :?

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

hookshot wrote:
The fact the ref said tensors will not be banned, tells me there has been ITTF discussion about my thread about tensors being banned. I might be wrong. :?

Yes that's true... lets hope they did discuss it. Still the worst thing that can come out this is that tensors get banned as well :? Of course no-body want that, and I doubt it will come to that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:10 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I wonder what they would find if they measured a Tensors logo area! We end users would be none the wiser unless perhaps we remove the sponge and measure in reverse. ITTF must have the dimensions from their tests without sponge though. :?:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.