OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 02:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 23:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

An interesting phenomenon has occurred at my club: I have stopped hearing people complain about the glue ban. I guess people have gotten used to the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 00:05 
King of Ping!

Baal wrote:
An interesting phenomenon has occurred at my club: I have stopped hearing people complain about the glue ban. I guess people have gotten used to the idea.

Time heals. Now let's find something new to ban to get the complaints going again. There is no fun in the game without complaints, we need to blame someone when we lose a point "Damn the VOC ban", etc.

Last edited by adham on 06 Jan 2009, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 00:06 
King of Ping!

Jasper wrote:
Thank you Adham, for the quick reply, and I hope the experts will reach an agreement shortly, in favor of accepting cork and bamboo. Thanks for the effort!

If the decision turns out to be a negative one, the 15% rule may make it difficult to make bamboo/cork a functional element in the blade, unlike carbon or glass fiber, which doesn't need a lot of volume to affect the blade characteristics...

Technical Leaflet T4 wrote:
At least 85% of the blade by thickness shall be of natural wood; an adhesive layer within the blade may be reinforced with fibrous material such as carbon fibre, glass fibre or compressed paper, but shall not be thicker than 7.5% of the total thickness or 0.35mm, whichever is the smaller.

If bamboo is not considered wood, it will have to follow the same rules as carbon fiber etc, so it can't be an outer ply, has a max thickness... This will restrict the usefulness of incorporating bamboo (being a fibrous material).

~~Jasper

Yes, you are right. I'm all for diversity, but let's wait for the experts to present the final definition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 00:12 
HE-LP on land or sea

Whos your favorite hockey team?

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 01:05 
King of Ping!

rmaxwellusn wrote:
Whos your favorite hockey team?

Used to be the Montreal Canadiens (Habs) my home team. When I moved from Montreal to Ottawa in the early 1980s there was no hockey team in Ottawa. So, I continued to be a fan of Montreal. Then when Ottawa got a team, I changed to cheering for the Ottawa Senators, but deep inside I still like Montreal. So, my dream Stanley Cup Final would be Ottawa vs Montreal. But that could never happen becaue of the system.

And you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 01:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
adham wrote:
So, my dream Stanley Cup Final would be Ottawa vs Montreal. But that could never happen because of the system.

But then who would you support anyway Adham, with two fav teams in? That would be a dilemma!

Tell you what, if I ever come to Canada, I'll support Montreal as long as if you ever come to Melbourne, you support Collingwood! Deal? :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 01:23 
King of Ping!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
adham wrote:
So, my dream Stanley Cup Final would be Ottawa vs Montreal. But that could never happen because of the system.

But then who would you support anyway Adham, with two fav teams in? That would be a dilemma!

Tell you what, if I ever come to Canada, I'll support Montreal as long as if you ever come to Melbourne, you support Collingwood! Deal? :lol: :lol:

I have been to Melbourne. Lovely City and great seafood. Very cosmopolitan place. But my heart belongs to London, don't know why?
OK, Collingwood it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 01:53 
HE-LP on land or sea

My squad is the Chicago Blackhawks, another original six team.

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 02:47 
King of Ping!

rmaxwellusn wrote:
My squad is the Chicago Blackhawks, another original six team.

Oh yeeeeeaaah !! The Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita show. Good old days of the original six. Montreal-Boston matches were a delight. Montreal-Toronto matches were murder if played in Maple Leafs Gardens in Toronto. I had a lot of respect for Chicago, a tough team. But Montreal always beat New York and Detroit even with Gordie Howe. But this was then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 02:53 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

Baal wrote:

same at my club... they are all using booster, lasts longer than the old glue did

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 05:40 
King of Ping!

speedplay wrote:
adham wrote:
Baal wrote:

Time heals. Now let's find something new to ban to get the complaints going again. There is no fun in the game without complaints, we need to blame someone when we lose a point "Damn the VOC ban", etc.

ROFLMAO! (Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off!) That is right Adham, you go and get them!

As for the complaints, I still hear them and I still feel the effects of it, but I respect the rules and continues to struggle.

Kind of funny to be at an Australian based Table Tennis forum to read what the ITTF Presidents favourite Hockey team is, asked by Japanese and Australian members :lol:

Me, I used to be a big fan of the Legion of Doom in Flyers, but now, I simple have to cheer for the Red wings, seeing how they are almost a Swedish colony by now.

Adham, no hard feelings because we are going to beat you guys in the final (juniors WC) this year? :twisted:

It's tonight my friend. Canada will be generous and let you win, we won too many times, you guys deserve at least one, especially after the nail biter of last year. But when it comes to Hockey, Canada Rules !!

You should support Ottawa Senators with Alfie as Captain, can't be more Swedish than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 06:34 
King of Ping!

speedplay wrote:
Yes, Alfie's been a Captain there for some time now, but this year, it looks like they won't even make it to the play offs. Alfie's been injured a long time, perhaps that is why they struggle?

Would be nice if we could win one junior title, don't think we've done that before. How ever, tonight I think we stand a good chance since we have a great goalie, but I think it will be a very tough game. May the best team win and let the Canadians enjoy their silver medal :twisted:

Tavares will make Swedes cry tonight. But I am rooting for you, I have 2 Swedes working with me so I have to be careful. I must admit it will be a great final. Good luck. Silver will also be OK, we got too many Golds (last 4 years and 14 in total). I think Sweden got it once (but not sure) or maybe it was Czech? Russia and Canada seemed to have dominated the Gold, but Russia did not have one for many years now. Will you stay awake for the match, or will you get the good news in the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 08:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
adham wrote:
Baal wrote:

LOL, that's not only funny, but I'm sure there's some truth in there too :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 10:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The recent scientific observations by means of TV-records do indicate that there is a distressing lack of athleticism in modern table tennis as yet.
For 100 random points observed in a match, a regular attacking table tennis player would have covered some 250-300 meters in total inside of an imaginary ellipse, close to the table;
versus 1200 meters and 1600 meters respectively as the squash and lawn-tennis players would have covered round-about the court.
Futhermore, when an average rally in a table tennis match only lasts 3.8 strokes, it is impossible for a player to display his physical efficiecy to the full.

As a result, most of public do prefer other racket sports with a greater amount of athleticism (lawn-tennis, squash, badminton), to watch both "in live" and on TV.

Mr. President,
Do you have any ideas of how could we get the "obdurate" offencive players (and the Chineses especially) to perform more spectacular rallies, with more dashes and plunges for the ball ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 13:30 

Didn't know that people prefer to watch squash and badminton. How did you get this impression?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next