OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 Jul 2017, 22:14


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 11:41 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Smartguy wrote:
Is there really a problem with the word „ban“?

I use a pop-up dictionary “WordWeb”, this is how they define “ban”: “Prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure” etc.

Weren’t 38mm ball and other things prohibited by legal means? Yes, they were.

Although I believe, speed glue ban and frictionless pimples ban were made not only for fake reasons (non-existing “health issues” and “need to uncover treated rubbers”), but also illegally in sense of ITTF Constitution.


Yes, there is a difference just like you state. Ban means to prohibit. The ITTF does not prohibit anything. We set rules, those that wish to take part in the ITTF system have to follow the ITTF rules, just like if you wish to be a member of a club, then you have to follow the rules of that club. So, there is a big difference. 38mm balls where never prohibited. In fact, in England and Holland several leagues kept on playing with 38mm ball, and we even sent 38mm balls as gifts to some clubs that kept on using them for 2 years after the ITTF rule changed. We did not ban 38mm balls, we chose to use 40mm balls at ITTF events for several reasons. This change of the size of the ball was decided by the member associations of the ITTF, and was adopted by the majority of the national associations, and eventually it filtered down and it now seems that it has been adopted worldwide.

And I congratulate you for being a constitutional expert. You believe that changes to rules were made illegally, under whose law? All changes were made according to due process and according to the ITTF's own rules and regulations. If you want to decide what is legal and what is not legal, knock yourself out, and decide to your heart's content. The fact remians that it does not matter what you decide, what matters for the ITTF is what the membership of the ITTF decides and what the Board of Directors of the ITTF decides.

By the way, I am not sure if I asked you this question before, are you a member of your national association? Are you engaged in their activities? Just curious.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 11:52 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
speedplay wrote:
AA wrote:
adham wrote:
[

The ITTF does not "ban" any piece of equipment. The equipment either meets the ITTF criteria and regulations or it does not. It's that simple.


the fact that you are parsing words shows that you are not willing to enter a respectful discussion.


I must be honest and say that I don't think this is parsing words, even though English isn't my native language. There is a difference between banning something and establishing new rules, even if the difference sometimes is very small, like it was with the frictionless rubbers. With the glues on the other hand, I think that speed glue have never really been with in the rules made by the ITTF, but it have still been accepted as a part of the game before, but not any longer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rule about changing the rubbers characteristics have been around for some time, right? And we all know that speed glue did this.

Now, Adham, my question to you is about the new upcoming authorisations/approvals you are discussing, for blades and sponges. Now, I can understand why you want this made for blades, as there are rules to be followed with them, amongst other the 85% wood rule. When it comes to sponges, I'm not really sure why you would need to authorise them, what rules are there that concerns the sponge, except for the thickness, which could/should be the players responsibility? Also, the thickness rule would be hard to use as the reason for the authorisation, since the rule is about the combination, so a sponge that might be fine along with a thin top sheet might not be with in the rules with a thicker top sheet. or, will the approval/authorisation be for the combination?

Also, with the blades, I've found a blade that I love, in fact, I love is so much so I have bought 3 of it. My question is, when you will start this authorisation process, if a blade pass and gets authorisation, will this go for the "old" models of the blade as well or will I be forced to replace my beloved blade/s?

And finally, my latest objection on this, back to sponges here, you have stated that the ITTF makes rules for the world class players, while amateur players are free to follow what ever rules they like and they should rather deal with their NA's then be dealing with the ITTF with any complaints. Now, how many pro's are there that actually buy sponge and top sheet separately? My guess is, none, as these guys are sponsored and if the want one top sheet with a different sponge, then they will get this from their sponsor. The way I see it, this rule is made for the ones you claim you don't make the rules for. Or, have I missed something here?


It will be an authorization process the same as we now have for the rubbers. The authorization of sponges is more for practical reasons. The manufacturers when they send their racket covering for authorization they sent the rubber and sponge together, or at least that is how they would like to do it. So the ITTF would authorize the rubber and the sponge. It also eliminates the ambiguity that we now have, whereas players say that they can alter the sponge only (by applying tuners or boosters) and that since the sponge is not authorized they can do it. When in fact the effect for the tuning is on the rubber (stretching the rubber). So an authorization of both rubber and sponge would prevent any alterations and post factory treatment on both components.

Regarding blades, I explained that in earlier responses. To summarize, we discovered that some manufactiurers shave the surface of the blade to make it concave in order to use thicker than 4mm racket covering. This is not fair to the players who follow the rules. The manufacturers who follow the rules have asked that blades be authorized by the ITTF to ensure that all blades carrying the ITTF logo are according to our rules.

Regarding the 3 blades that you have purcahsed, please do not worry. The system when it comes into effect will take into consideration existing blades and also craftsmen who make small quantity blades. It's best to wait now until the experts make their final recommendation on this matter. The ITTF will work closely with the manufacturers to ensure that the authorization system is fair and provides an even playing field for all concerned.

Regarding making rules for the professionals, that is not exactly correct. The ITTF makes rules for the international level, for ITTF events and for international events. Your example is already answered, it is true that at the international level most players use the rubber and sponge together as a combination unit, so it does make more sense to authorize the two components of the racket covering.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 11:58 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Smartguy wrote:
speedplay wrote:
With the glues on the other hand, I think that speed glue have never really been with in the rules made by the ITTF, but it have still been accepted as a part of the game before, but not any longer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rule about changing the rubbers characteristics have been around for some time, right? And we all know that speed glue did this.


I am afraid, this is not correct, if you mean this rule: “2.4.7 The covering material should be used as it has been authorised by the ITTF without any physical, chemical or other treatment, changing or modifying playing properties, friction, outlook, colour, structure, surface, etc.”.

This rule 2.4.7 was adopted 2008. Speed glue was banned 4 years earlier: 2004.


Allow me to correct you, the VOC-free glue rule was adopted in 2004 (BoD - Doha) and implemented on 1 JAnuary 2008 for ITTF Junior events and on 1 September 2008 for all ITTF events.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:03 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
AA wrote:
speedplay wrote:

I must be honest and say that I don't think this is parsing words, even though English isn't my native language. There is a difference between banning something and establishing new rules,


its plays no role whether its a ban or whether the ittf changed the rules to get rid of rubbers, the outcome is the same. its just a distraction that is getting very tiresome.


I agree with you, you are absolutely right, I am also getting very tired of this discussion. I am here to answer questions and I am doing the best I can at that. I am not here to argue, debate and discuss dead issues. I am also here to inform you in advance of ITTF plans and ideas and get your feedback. I am not here to be insulted, ridiculed and argued with. You can all do that with your spouses, they may feel left out.

But you are right, it has become very tiresome and I am at the verge of deciding to spend my very scarce free time elsewhere.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:07 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
mynamenotbob wrote:
adham wrote:
....In Arabic language there is a proverb that says "El etekrar be allem el homar."

Care to translate that? According to a google search "homar" is a derogatory term that refers to someone of very limited intelligence and/or an a*ss :shock: :shock: :shock:


It's a very common expression used in Arabic, and used very often by teachers at schools, the meaning is:
"Repetition could even teach a mule". As you know donkeys and mules are considered stubborn, but if you repeat and repeat they eventually learn. So the exact translation:

El etekrar = the repetition
be allem = teaches
el homar = the mule (or donkey)

Teachers in schools in arab countries repeat this phrase to their students very often, when they find that they have to repeat an explanation many times to get it through.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:11 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
haggisv wrote:
Can I just remind everyone that this forum is not a court of law, but a friendly discussion forum. If you don't like the answer that Adham gives you, be grateful that he did take the time to give you an answer and offer us with more information.

If we're not happy with the current situation, we can, as individuals or together as a forum, formulate a letter to the national associations to try and get things changed. We've done this before with some success, and it is far more constructive than arguing the same point over and over again with Adham.

Adham has indicated on previous occasions that he supports this type of approach, and might even be able to help us along the way...

So c'mon guys, lets keep it friendly and constructive...


Thanks Haggisv, I appreciate your reminder. You are absolutely right. But since we are on the "ban" issue, it would be greatly appreciated if you would ban me from this forum for answering too many questions. Do you have such a rule? If not, I beg you to make one and ban me as soon as you can. It would be a great relief, man.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:18 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
AA wrote:
haggisv wrote:

So c'mon guys, lets keep it friendly and constructive...[/color][/b]


adham wrote:


OK don't accept. Thank you.



@mynamenotbob - the second half means "..teaches the donkey/ass", i`ll try to figure out what is meant with "etekrar"..

@adham - another question: in your email to my friend you clearly stated that the sponge issue was only of "academic nature" since there will be a change in 2010. in this forum however you state that the ittf "experts" are only trying to implement this in a trial stage, hereby you are trying to suggest that everything is being thought out through thouroughly before a decision is made.

both statements cannot be correct. either the decision to make this change has been made (as suggested in your email) without knowing how this will be achieved or the decision (yes/no) will be based on what the outcome of these "trials" are, this version however is in direct conflict with your email answer.


Etekrar = repetition

Yes, the change is planned for next year for authorization of the sponge. This is correct. In the meantime, the experts are working on the process and when they get that clear, then they will make the proposal. Yes, usually everything is thought through thoroughly before a final decision is made. This is why it takes a long time. I do not see the conflict that you see. We have committees at the ITTF. Their job is to think and propose improvements in their area of expertise. They can try and experiment with many things, but eventually they come up with some proposals and if accepted and approved (at the appropriate level) then they are implemented. That is a normal process. It also happens in another way. The leadership of the ITTF may face a problem, so this problem is referred to the expert committee for study and recommendation back to the leadership. This is how all IFs work.

I hope that clarifies matters. Or maybe I did not understand your question?

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 13:47 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31310
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1438 times
Been thanked: 902 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
adham wrote:
Thanks Haggisv, I appreciate your reminder. You are absolutely right. But since we are on the "ban" issue, it would be greatly appreciated if you would ban me from this forum for answering too many questions. Do you have such a rule? If not, I beg you to make one and ban me as soon as you can. It would be a great relief, man.


Sorry, permission denied... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure many people do appreciate the time and effort you spend here as I do, and a lot of people do read this section, so please don't feel your efforts are going to waste!

I'm particularly pleased that you've chosen to share some of the ITTF ideas with us in advance, so that we can discuss the pros and cons, and possible come to a better solution for everyone...

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 16:38 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 28 Apr 2008, 21:55
Posts: 837
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
adham wrote:
The manufacturers who follow the rules have asked that blades be authorized by the ITTF to ensure that all blades carrying the ITTF logo are according to our rules.


Hi Adham,

This is the first post I have made on this thread, even though I have been reading it with great interest from the beginning. i would like to thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions here and clarifying some rules for us.

The concern I have with the latest rule changes is they seem to be more geared towards manufacturers than players. The frictionless ban has caused many LP players to buy and try many different LP rubbers, resulting in good profits for the manufacturers. The same can be said with the speed glue ban, where manufacturers are allowed to "tune" their rubbers but the end-user is not allowed to do this.
The same applies to approving blades ... the manufacturers will ultimately benefit from this.

Concerning the blades. I can not see how having a logo on the blade will stop the end user from tampering with the blade to make it the way they want.
If players want to cheat they will find a way to cheat, irrespective of what the "manufacturers who follow the rules" do or don't do.

So this is my suggestion:
Rather than spend a lot of money on ENEZ or such machines or even new ones in the future, why doesn't the ITTF pass a rule that all players at ITTF events must bring their blades to the officials with no rubbers on them, and the rubbers they want to use still wrapped in their original uncut packaging. The ITTF could then employ a few staff to glue the rubbers on the blade after checking that both the rubbers and the blades meet ITTF requirements.
Voila... the problem is resolved. There could be a special mark on the rubber and the blade that would reveal any tampering once the rubbers were glued.

This would solve nearly all the current problems with cheaters. The rackets will still be quickly inspected before each match to make sure they have been tampered with.

This would be simple and cost effective. You could probably get volunteers to do this as they would be able to meet the players when they bring their rackets to be glued, and would be glad to do it for nothing.

EDIT:
The plastic packaging that comes with the rubbers could have a special seal from the manufacturer so that the officials know it hasn't been tampered with. If manufacturers are really that concerned, let them carry the cost of ensuring the rubbers are original, rather than the table tennis community at large.

_________________
FH: Joola Express Ultra Max, BH: Giant Dragon Talon OX , Blade: Nexy Hannibal
FH: Tibhar Sinus Alpha Max, BH: Tibhar Sinus Alpha Max , Blade: Nexy Hannibal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 01:43 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 06 Dec 2008, 10:22
Posts: 624
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
adham wrote:
Ban means to prohibit. The ITTF does not prohibit anything.


This is the text of the proposition regarding speed glue from 2004:

"BOD - 05 Proposed by Japan
"It should be prohibited that players are to use glue containing organic solvents by the following steps."
STEP ONE
1. Prohibit to use the glue containing the liquid organic solvents in the playing venue
2. Prohibit to set up a gluing room in the playing venue
3. Above 1 and 2 will take effect from 1st September, 2004
STEP TWO
1. Player to use the liquid volatile organic solvents should be prohibited
2. Take effect from 1st September, 2005
"

http://www.englishtabletennis.org.uk/nl ... &NLID=3153

As you can see, the word “prohibit” is used 4 times there.

I think, this can put an end to the distracting from the main issue discussion about the word “ban”.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 02:43 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Smartguy wrote:
adham wrote:
Ban means to prohibit. The ITTF does not prohibit anything.


This is the text of the proposition regarding speed glue from 2004:

"BOD - 05 Proposed by Japan
"It should be prohibited that players are to use glue containing organic solvents by the following steps."
STEP ONE
1. Prohibit to use the glue containing the liquid organic solvents in the playing venue
2. Prohibit to set up a gluing room in the playing venue
3. Above 1 and 2 will take effect from 1st September, 2004
STEP TWO
1. Player to use the liquid volatile organic solvents should be prohibited
2. Take effect from 1st September, 2005
"

http://www.englishtabletennis.org.uk/nl ... &NLID=3153

As you can see, the word “prohibit” is used 4 times there.

I think, this can put an end to the distracting from the main issue discussion about the word “ban”.


I know that you like to be "exact", so what you posted above is not "exactly" correct. In fact the following is what was passed regarding the proposition made by Japan TTA (which was 2 pages long):

"ACCEPTED: Step 1 for implementation on 1 September 2006, and Step 2 for implementation on 1 September 2007. A Working Group to be formed to study the implications and to propose the procedures."

Then at a later BoD meeting the implementation date was further delayed to 1 January 2008 for ITTF Junior events, and 1 September 2008 for all ITTF events.

Also to be "exact", the word "ban" does not appear anywhere. As I said, in sports the word "ban" has a different connotation must closer to the word "suspended". "Prohibit" in this sense means "not to allow".

In any case, we have beaten this dead horse to death, resurrected the horse from the harsh beating and beaten it back to death at least 10 times. Enough is enough, if anyone wants to "ask a question" I am happy to answer, if you wish to argue and debate, then please do so amongst yourselves.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 02:46 
Offline
King of Ping!

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:17
Posts: 487
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
bvautier wrote:
adham wrote:
The manufacturers who follow the rules have asked that blades be authorized by the ITTF to ensure that all blades carrying the ITTF logo are according to our rules.


Hi Adham,

This is the first post I have made on this thread, even though I have been reading it with great interest from the beginning. i would like to thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions here and clarifying some rules for us.

The concern I have with the latest rule changes is they seem to be more geared towards manufacturers than players. The frictionless ban has caused many LP players to buy and try many different LP rubbers, resulting in good profits for the manufacturers. The same can be said with the speed glue ban, where manufacturers are allowed to "tune" their rubbers but the end-user is not allowed to do this.
The same applies to approving blades ... the manufacturers will ultimately benefit from this.

Concerning the blades. I can not see how having a logo on the blade will stop the end user from tampering with the blade to make it the way they want.
If players want to cheat they will find a way to cheat, irrespective of what the "manufacturers who follow the rules" do or don't do.

So this is my suggestion:
Rather than spend a lot of money on ENEZ or such machines or even new ones in the future, why doesn't the ITTF pass a rule that all players at ITTF events must bring their blades to the officials with no rubbers on them, and the rubbers they want to use still wrapped in their original uncut packaging. The ITTF could then employ a few staff to glue the rubbers on the blade after checking that both the rubbers and the blades meet ITTF requirements.
Voila... the problem is resolved. There could be a special mark on the rubber and the blade that would reveal any tampering once the rubbers were glued.

This would solve nearly all the current problems with cheaters. The rackets will still be quickly inspected before each match to make sure they have been tampered with.

This would be simple and cost effective. You could probably get volunteers to do this as they would be able to meet the players when they bring their rackets to be glued, and would be glad to do it for nothing.

EDIT:
The plastic packaging that comes with the rubbers could have a special seal from the manufacturer so that the officials know it hasn't been tampered with. If manufacturers are really that concerned, let them carry the cost of ensuring the rubbers are original, rather than the table tennis community at large.


It's a good idea and being looked at. It is rather human resource intensive, but could be done at the top ITTF events and at the Olympics where human resources and volunteers are readily available. I will pass on your suggestions to the group of experts looking into this matter.

Thank you for providing a positive input to the issue and for providing constructive criticism with suggestions for a solution. It is much appreciated.

_________________
Adham Sharara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 04:27 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 526
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times
I dont know how that rubber stopped being legal exactly at the peak of Liu 's career that is very strange coincidence besides the fact that spinpips was the most used short pips by the chinese top players, about of the equipment waldner could beat liu after 8 years being beat by liu, Adham you should be aware that there are many thing that are not clear by the decisiions of the equipment comitee .

bbkon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 05:57 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 06:47
Posts: 708
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Blade: MSP Revolution
BH: MSP Mega-Block 1.5
adham wrote:

It's a good idea and being looked at. It is rather human resource intensive, but could be done at the top ITTF events and at the Olympics where human resources and volunteers are readily available. I will pass on your suggestions to the group of experts looking into this matter.

Thank you for providing a positive input to the issue and for providing constructive criticism with suggestions for a solution. It is much appreciated.


when i read the proposal i thought it was too absurd for words, thats why i didnt comment on it. adhams response is mind boggling, but not surprising, it just would be the next absurd rule, the absurdest by far.

are you actually aware what you are talking about?

it would mean that every player would need to play with a brand new rubber. if this rule is enforced on national level, as all others, this would mean all players would need to buy new rubbers at each tournament. hooray for the industray, not so hooray for your wallet.

but what takes the cake is the idea that a total stranger is supposed to fix my bat! are you for real? has it struck anyone that the amount of glue, even if voc free, etc. plays a vital role??

this is getting more and more ridiculous by the minute, why not attach a camera on the players head 1 week in advance before a tournament, then the ittf "control center" can monitor the players activity. could you kindly look into this too adham?

_________________
Blade: Der-Materialspezialist Revolution Backhand Der-Materialspezialist Mega-Block 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 06:19 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 28 Apr 2008, 21:55
Posts: 837
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
AA wrote:
adham wrote:

It's a good idea and being looked at. It is rather human resource intensive, but could be done at the top ITTF events and at the Olympics where human resources and volunteers are readily available. I will pass on your suggestions to the group of experts looking into this matter.

Thank you for providing a positive input to the issue and for providing constructive criticism with suggestions for a solution. It is much appreciated.


when i read the proposal i thought it was too absurd for words, thats why i didnt comment on it. adhams response is mind boggling, but not surprising, it just would be the next absurd rule, the absurdest by far.

are you actually aware what you are talking about?

it would mean that every player would need to play with a brand new rubber. if this rule is enforced on national level, as all others, this would mean all players would need to buy new rubbers at each tournament. hooray for the industray, not so hooray for your wallet.

but what takes the cake is the idea that a total stranger is supposed to fix my bat! are you for real? has it struck anyone that the amount of glue, even if voc free, etc. plays a vital role??

this is getting more and more ridiculous by the minute, why not attach a camera on the players head 1 week in advance before a tournament, then the ittf "control center" can monitor the players activity. could you kindly look into this too adham?



AA, calm down :-) I thought of those problems as well.

- Firstly I am talking about major ITTF events, where professional meet.
- Most professional are sponsored anyway so it would cost them nothing.
- About the gluing of the rubber. I also thought that a total stranger might not be the best solution. But I just wanted to put the idea out there so people can discuss it.
The concept is similar to the one used with tennis, where there is only one person that re-strings a racket during a tournament.
However there could be special gluing booths where a player has to glue his racket in front of an official. So that would solve your concerns.

Anyway I was just putting ideas out there to be discussed, it may give someone else an other idea that is more workable.

Finally, How many players in your league do you know of tamper their bats? I really expect that only the elite pro would do this, not your average (or even not so average) league player. So the ideas I am suggesting are only for the elite pro players.

_________________
FH: Joola Express Ultra Max, BH: Giant Dragon Talon OX , Blade: Nexy Hannibal
FH: Tibhar Sinus Alpha Max, BH: Tibhar Sinus Alpha Max , Blade: Nexy Hannibal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: