OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: ztabletennis.com
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2010, 21:50 

Hi everyone, first post.

ztabletennis.com is proud to bring the Giant Dragon brand of table tennis products to North America. We are happy to announce that we will carry the majority of Giant Dragon's professional products, providing a new quality brand option for our table tennis players.

Payment is securely through Paypal, and checkout information is transacted securely through 256-bit SSL. We're now authorized to ship international.

We are based in Round Rock, Texas, just north of the state capital of Austin, Texas. If you are ever in the area, please ping us and stop by the local table tennis club: austintabletennis.com (non-profit and not affliated, we just support and play!).

Cheers!

Last edited by conrad on 15 Aug 2010, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ztabletennis.com
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2010, 14:52 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Thank you conrad and welcome to ooak forum!

Will check out the site...
Will you be stocking balsadef or other balsa blades from giant dragon, also kris2, which a few of our american members are are interested in.

Cheers
Monkey

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2010, 14:56 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Quote:
Shipping is at cost via mail or UPS, and only to North America by current agreement with Giant Dragon.

Okay, so does that you are limited, now. On just the united states market?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2010, 21:15 

Quote:

Yes, currently our policy is to ship only to the United States and Canada.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 09:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Conrad,

I have been considering what I want to buy as to replace my current long pips. I used Giant Long successfully last year at the teams. I am, again, looking for the slowest long pips available. I prefer to play OX, but please see the next paragraph.

Is the new soft version noticeably slower that what has previously been available? I heard a rumor to the effect that the soft version with the 2mm sponge was even slower than OX. What is the truth here?

I eagerly await your responses. You can send me a private message as to payment details (PayPal) for a dozen sheets. The other burning questions, once the question which is the slowest is resolved are: whether red is slower than black and which colour least effected by incoming spin?

Thanks,
Thomas

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 13:32 

Thomas,

I'm not a defensive player, so take this into account. The "Soft" versions are noticably softer and slower. We stuck a GiantLong (normal) and GiantLong Soft OX to an old defensive blade and the different was quite noticable. We hit with this (and against this) around the Austin, TX club for an hour or so, it was pretty evil, especially since we stuck black on both sides.

As for the sponge versions, the sponges on "Soft" versions feel just as soft as the pips themselves, so I can see how the sponge can make things even more interesting. I'll send you a PM.

Conrad

theOldDuffer wrote:
Conrad,

I have been considering what I want to buy as to replace my current long pips. I used Giant Long successfully last year at the teams. I am, again, looking for the slowest long pips available. I prefer to play OX, but please see the next paragraph.

Is the new soft version noticeably slower that what has previously been available? I heard a rumor to the effect that the soft version with the 2mm sponge was even slower than OX. What is the truth here?

I eagerly await your responses. You can send me a private message as to payment details (PayPal) for a dozen sheets. The other burning questions, once the question which is the slowest is resolved are: whether red is slower than black and which colour least effected by incoming spin?

Thanks,
Thomas

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 08:22 

conrad wrote:
Quote:

Yes, currently our policy is to ship only to the United States and Canada.

We're now authorized to ship internationally. We've also opened a club purchase/reseller program which gives discounts to local table tennis clubs.