OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 06:04 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
mynamenotbob wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:
so_devo wrote:
A very well respected player in my local league is an agent for Thorntons, and everything I know about him and this company is totally honest and reputable. I would be surprised if they exported very much though, and that may be part of the issue - that they only send a few things overseas and hence use regular mail as that would be fine domestically. I could be wrong about their export volumes of course.

Of course the company is honest . I think their only fault is to sent the second parcel with regular post.After the first one failed with regular post they had to sent the second one with registrated post.But in general it will be much better to use registrated post ,both for them and for customers.With regular post there will be danger for the customer to pay for nothing like me.Thanks...

Why not put in a fraud claim with your credit card company? The TT company can't just take your money and leave you hanging. They have a responsibility to get your order to you and if they didn't fulfill their part of the bargain they owe you at least a refund. Maybe this will be an expensive lesson for them to change to reliable and trackable shipping methods on international orders.

Yes you are right.I have right to put a fraud claim but only for 120 days.More than 120 days passed but the credit company will do their best about this subject.Thanks

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 20:52 
Super User

Credit Card Company is very serious about this problem.They wanted me to sent a mail to William Thornton and wanted them to mail me the receipt they received from the Post Office after they sent my parcel.Four days passed and they haven't answered my mail yet.I have informed the Credit Card Company about this.I think this shop will understand ,at least to be more serious to the problems of the customers who pays the goods and do not receive them.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010, 07:26 
Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:
Credit Card Company is very serious about this problem.They wanted me to sent a mail to William Thornton and wanted them to mail me the receipt they received from the Post Office after they sent my parcel.Four days passed and they haven't answered my mail yet.I have informed the Credit Card Company about this.I think this shop will understand ,at least to be more serious to the problems of the customers who pays the goods and do not receive them.

Bill answered my mail and he politely said he was not going to spend more time about this problem and told me to do what I wanted.He also didn't find the receipt of the first parcel and he told he sent the receipt of the second parcel by post.He told me that he was going to send a defence to OAK.I told him that I would be glad to see his defence in OAK and also told him to explain us why he didn't send the second parcel with registrated post in his defence and also told him serious campanies do not loose or throw the parcel receipt of the Post Office.Now I have been waiting to the second parcel receipt.Credit card Company also waiting this receipt.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2010, 21:33 

Ask him to put "lost in transit" claim to Royal Mail and refund you your purchase - this way he won't loose money.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 05:45 
Super User

damian wrote:
Ask him to put "lost in transit" claim to Royal Mail and refund you your purchase - this way he won't loose money.

damian,this company thinks different.For them,after sending the goods with regular post and paid by your credit card ,everything finish.They don't mind wheather you receive or not.They didn't even keep the poscard receipt,so how can they claim 'lost in transit' without past office receipt.They also said clearly that they wouldn't spend more time about this subject.They think this'waste of time'.Thanks for your interest.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2011, 06:42 
Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:
damian wrote:

damian,this company thinks different.For them,after sending the goods with regular post and paid by your credit card ,everything finish.They don't mind wheather you receive or not.They didn't even keep the poscard receipt,so how can they claim 'lost in transit' without past office receipt.They also said clearly that they wouldn't spend more time about this subject.They think this'waste of time'.Thanks for your interest.

Today I have received the Post office receipt from them but the second receipt, which they sent half of my orders second time.They said that they didn't keep the first receipt because long time passed after my order.I don't understand why they throw the receipt before the customer receive his order.Even this event show that they don't care customers' benefit.Anyway I have stopped writing about this subject any more.And one last advise to this company...Please stop sending orders with regular post ..I am sure your customers do not earn the money easily.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 07:55 
Super User

Today mail was sent to my credit company from Thronton .As I was expected they were not accept a chargeback on my order.They said that I never requested a tracking delivery.They also said that they could not prove I didn't received the goods.They said they are a honourable company and they have no proof the customer has not received them.So in short they haven't accepted chargeback.Of course I will continue not for the money but for their manner and my honour.While ordering if they would give me chance to select regular or tracking delivery of course I would select tracking delivery but they haven't.They said 'they have no proof hat he customer has not received them. ' If they think like that I also think that I have no proof that they sent my goods because I want post office receipt from them and they said they havent kept it. Look at their mentality and respect to the customers' right.Before the customer received his order they throw the post office receipt.If they are a honourable company I am a honourable person. So they have no right to blame anyone without any proof.Thanks

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 09:53 
Horse Hockey!

I think if there is a dispute then it's always up to the SENDER to prove that the package was received. They can do that through shipper tracking or requiring a signature for delivery. It's up to the SENDER to protect themselves by insuring the package in case it becomes lost. The shipper will then demand proof that it was shipped in the first place.

Now sure, there are frauds out there (lots of them) who order stuff then claim the goods were not received and demand charge backs. This is especially dangerous for vendors who deal with PayPal because PayPal has been known to freeze vendor accounts for months at a time while a dispute is arbitrated. Online vendors should NEVER have all their working capital in an account available to PayPal or other credit card merchant. That is, the ecommerce account should always be different from the company account--preferably with an entirely different bank--and all funds should be transferred out of that working account daily or more often if possible. And THEN, the vendor needs to be able to prove items were shipped and where they went. To fail to do that is just foolish and not the customer's fault.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 10:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm a bit surprised that your credit company refused the chargeback. I would have expected they would be on your side, and require proof from the supplier that you had received it, which as cyber1call mentioned already, can only be done through tracking.

Keep in mind though, that this has hurt both of you...it's hurt you since you paid for the goods and did not received them, and it's hurt them for the cost of goods (twice) plus shipping costs.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 06:21 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that your credit company refused the chargeback. I would have expected they would be on your side, and require proof from the supplier that you had received it, which as cyber1call mentioned already, can only be done through tracking.

Keep in mind though, that this has hurt both of you...it's hurt you since you paid for the goods and did not received them, and it's hurt them for the cost of goods (twice) plus shipping costs.

Haggisv, thank you very much for your interest and also to give chance to me to write here.I have been buying goods from different internet shops for the last five years for my students and I have never met such a thing.Carsten from Dr Neubauer company,Steve and Anne Hall from Hallmark,Eacheng net,Ping pong and table tennis and many others know me and what kind of person I am .I can say that I am a frequent buyer customer and I have discount from two companies because of this reason.But this time I am very sad .And also here there is misunderstanding the credit card company is on my side.They havent refused chargeback.Thoronton refused .And they told me that they are going to ask proof from the supplier that I had received the goods.Before they asked them to prove that they had sent the goods but because they hadn't kept the post office receipt(as they said)they hadn't prove.Now credit card company asked me if I wanted to continue and I said yes.I know that both of us hurt but now at this point beliave me I don't care the lost money .What I got care is their behaviour and accuse me to receive the goods and not said.As if 50 pounds is thousand of pounds and I am a retired teacher said lie.Thanks

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 06:46 
Super User

cyber1call wrote:
I think if there is a dispute then it's always up to the SENDER to prove that the package was received. They can do that through shipper tracking or requiring a signature for delivery. It's up to the SENDER to protect themselves by insuring the package in case it becomes lost. The shipper will then demand proof that it was shipped in the first place.

Now sure, there are frauds out there (lots of them) who order stuff then claim the goods were not received and demand charge backs. This is especially dangerous for vendors who deal with PayPal because PayPal has been known to freeze vendor accounts for months at a time while a dispute is arbitrated. Online vendors should NEVER have all their working capital in an account available to PayPal or other credit card merchant. That is, the ecommerce account should always be different from the company account--preferably with an entirely different bank--and all funds should be transferred out of that working account daily or more often if possible. And THEN, the vendor needs to be able to prove items were shipped and where they went. To fail to do that is just foolish and not the customer's fault.

I agree with you,cyber1call.

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 05:38 
Super User

So at the end,my 54 pounds was paid to me but from whom,I don't know.And to know that is not important for me.What is important for me is to prove that I am saying the truth and not to lie as they claimed.But when I learned that They were going to pay my money back ,a very unexceptable thing happened.At the same day they paid my money back an unkown person using my credit card numbers spend 150 pounds and bought something from Amazon com.Here I don't want to blame anybody.I have never bought anything from Amazon before.I also don't use my credit numbers while buying anything from internet because I am a member of PAY PAL and I use my PAY PAL number except few reliable sites like Hallmark(Dear Steve ,sent me two Super Special rubbers instead of the lost parcel before and I offered to pay them and he didn't accept) and Thornton.I don't know how they learnt the details and number of my credit card and spent 150 pounds.The Credit card company promsed me to learn and solve the problem in 45 days.Thanks

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 07:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It should be easy for the CC company to stop the $150 payment. I assume they will give you a new card as well?

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 02:51 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
It should be easy for the CC company to stop the $150 payment. I assume they will give you a new card as well?

Yes they gave me a new card and promised to solve the problem.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 04:47 
Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Yes they gave me a new card and promised to solve the problem.

Yes Today They have telephoned me and said that I won .They are going to give my money back.