OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 05:48 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
I ordered 3 shirts ,glue and Jacket from William Thornton(UK) shop last July and paid 54 British Pounds by my credit card.In fact it was my fauld not to order from one of the reliable sites which I order two or three times a month.One month passed and my order didn't come and I sent a mail and asked the barcode number of the parcel.They said goods left on the 30th of July and they charged from my accound on the 28th of July and also the parcel didn't have barcode number because it was a regular post(As they wrote).On the 16 of October they sent a mail and said 'In good faith we have resent you the shirts and decided to stand most of the loss' This means I paid the Jacket and glue for nothing.I accepted this too but second parcel also didn't come.When I sent mail they said'I am sorry but I can not go on resending products which are not arriving' And this means 54 pounds paid for nothing as if all this was my fauld.Why have I written all this?To give information to table tennis friends here about this shop if they want to buy anything from here, not to spent their valuable money for nothing.I also don't understand what they mean by saying 'regular post'Do they mean post without insurance?Thanks....

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 06:33 
Super User

All I can say is that they are a reputable honest company, I know Bill, and he would not rip anyone off, There must be some postal problem. BTW, if you paid by credit card, your credit card company are liable for your losses, as legally, you have actually purchased the products from them. That is why many people buy risky products (say holidays) using their credit cards.

Regular post, means that it is not recorded delivery, so it does not have to be signed by you at the recieveing end.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 06:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
It's always a crap-shoot when you buy from a company that ships with untrackable regular mail, especially internationally. Plus sometimes you have to wait ridiculously long for your order to arrive.

Companies like Iruiru have fast, trackable shipping and even though shipping is a little more, their low prices make up for it if you place a big order.

That said, in many, many orders I've been lucky enough to have never had an order lost in the mail from any table tennis company.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 07:19 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

Sorry to hear your bad experiences. I have dealt with Thornton's before on a number of occasions and it has always resulted in good service and fast delivery - maybe you have had more bad luck being overseas. I would not want their reputation tarnished by this report as for your one bad experience I suspect there are 1,000 good ones.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 07:43 
Super User

dingwol2 wrote:
Sorry to hear your bad experiences. I have dealt with Thornton's before on a number of occasions and it has always resulted in good service and fast delivery - maybe you have had more bad luck being overseas. I would not want their reputation tarnished by this report as for your one bad experience I suspect there are 1,000 good ones.

I don't want their reputation tarnished but this do not change the fact that they received my money for nothing.And who knows that this happened to me only.Anyway this is my bad experience and I want to share this here because this will perhaps happen someone else too.Thanks

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 07:51 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
It's always a crap-shoot when you buy from a company that ships with untrackable regular mail, especially internationally. Plus sometimes you have to wait ridiculously long for your order to arrive.

Companies like Iruiru have fast, trackable shipping and even though shipping is a little more, their low prices make up for it if you place a big order.

That said, in many, many orders I've been lucky enough to have never had an order lost in the mail from any table tennis company.

Your only chance is regular mail with this shop.They haven't given customers trackable shipping chance.Really companies like Iruiru,presport,Dr Neubauer,Hallmark ,Tomioka and some others are fast and reliable.And they have trackable shipping.I order at least two every month for my students and everything goes well with them.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 09:42 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

I am sorry for you too Fadil, Bill is very reputable with a quick service, i think the fact that he would re-send some or all of the order again shows his principles!

This probably says more about International shipping/Cypriot Post than it does about Bill!

I know we had similar post problems in Bahrain and Jo'burg!

It is an awful feeling when you know some dis-honest twerp has ripped you off, i have just been to the tune of many £k's and am currently feeling sick myself :( , i hope this puts your loss into perspective! :)
We all have to be on our guard in this cruel world and learn from our mistakes i am afraid

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 13:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Fadil Olguner: I think it's fine that you post that you've had problems with a particular retailer, and if others had similar problems, then they could add their issues here as well.

But as others have pointed out as well, just because you did not receive the goods, does not mean that the shop is dishonest, so we should not jump to conclusions. If a parcel is not received, these are the possibilities:

1. Shop is dishonest did not send it
2. Parcel got lost/stolen in UK
3. Parcel got lost/stolen in transit
4. Parcel got lost/stolen in cypress (mail centre or customs)
5. Parcel got stolen from your mail box
6. Recipient is dishonest and did in fact receive it (I not saying this, as I'm sure you're telling the truth)

From my experience with the countries involved, and judging from the comments above, possibilities 4 and 5 are the most likely.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 00:52 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Fadil Olguner: I think it's fine that you post that you've had problems with a particular retailer, and if others had similar problems, then they could add their issues here as well.

But as others have pointed out as well, just because you did not receive the goods, does not mean that the shop is dishonest, so we should not jump to conclusions. If a parcel is not received, these are the possibilities:

1. Shop is dishonest did not send it
2. Parcel got lost/stolen in UK
3. Parcel got lost/stolen in transit
4. Parcel got lost/stolen in cypress (mail centre or customs)
5. Parcel got stolen from your mail box
6. Recipient is dishonest and did in fact receive it (I not saying this, as I'm sure you're telling the truth)

From my experience with the countries involved, and judging from the comments above, possibilities 4 and 5 are the most likely.

Perhaps number 4 but number 5 is not possible because postoffice inform us about the parcel and we go to the post office and sign and receive the parcel.I don't want to say anybody dishonest of course.What I don't understand is-OK you sent the first parcel with regular post and I haven't received it.Isn't it more reliable to send the second parcel with tracking number.If they offer me to pay the price of posting,of course I will accept.Secondly they answered my mail and said'we have sent you twice ,It is finished.' It is same to say you paid 54 British pounds for nothing and now it's time to drink cold water after this.On the other hand manager of the post office claimed that this parcel didn't come to the country.I know him very well and he is always honest .Anyway this happened and I will stop thinking about this subject.As I have written above I don't want to blame anyone but beceuse of this event I will never do shopping with them again.Thanks

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 06:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
If you receive a parcel via regular, you still have to sign for it? In Australia only registered mail (or courier) needs a signature. Regular mail gets delivered into your mailbox, or if it's too big they knock on your door, and leave a note if you're not home.

I agree it would be more sensible to send via registered mail, especially if it failed the first time.

I feel bad that this happened to you, and it does indeed make you wonder what really happened to both these parcels! If you are sure the post office can be trusted, then perhaps it went missing in customs or in the distribution centre.. there are usually several steps along the way from the aircraft to the post office...

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 20:27 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
If you receive a parcel via regular, you still have to sign for it? In Australia only registered mail (or courier) needs a signature. Regular mail gets delivered into your mailbox, or if it's too big they knock on your door, and leave a note if you're not home.

I agree it would be more sensible to send via registered mail, especially if it failed the first time.

I feel bad that this happened to you, and it does indeed make you wonder what really happened to both these parcels! If you are sure the post office can be trusted, then perhaps it went missing in customs or in the distribution centre.. there are usually several steps along the way from the aircraft to the post office...

Thank you very much for your interest,Haggisv.In my country ,to receive a parcel you have to sign,regular or not...They don't deliver parcels ,postmen just leave a paper to inform you about your parcel.Postmen only leave regular letters without sign.If they sent the second parcel registered, it would be more easy to find the reason because the first thing they ask at the post office is the tracking number (barcode number)of the parcel.Perhaps something happened at the customs,you are right.After this event, I never accept regular mail.I think it is much safer with registrated mail.Thanks

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 22:36 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
A very well respected player in my local league is an agent for Thorntons, and everything I know about him and this company is totally honest and reputable. I would be surprised if they exported very much though, and that may be part of the issue - that they only send a few things overseas and hence use regular mail as that would be fine domestically. I could be wrong about their export volumes of course.

185g

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 05:53 
Super User

so_devo wrote:
A very well respected player in my local league is an agent for Thorntons, and everything I know about him and this company is totally honest and reputable. I would be surprised if they exported very much though, and that may be part of the issue - that they only send a few things overseas and hence use regular mail as that would be fine domestically. I could be wrong about their export volumes of course.

Of course the company is honest . I think their only fault is to sent the second parcel with regular post.After the first one failed with regular post they had to sent the second one with registrated post.But in general it will be much better to use registrated post ,both for them and for customers.With regular post there will be danger for the customer to pay for nothing like me.Thanks...

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 06:12 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Fadil Olguner wrote:
so_devo wrote:

Of course the company is honest . I think their only fault is to sent the second parcel with regular post.After the first one failed with regular post they had to sent the second one with registrated post.But in general it will be much better to use registrated post ,both for them and for customers.With regular post there will be danger for the customer to pay for nothing like me.Thanks...

Why not put in a fraud claim with your credit card company? The TT company can't just take your money and leave you hanging. They have a responsibility to get your order to you and if they didn't fulfill their part of the bargain they owe you at least a refund. Maybe this will be an expensive lesson for them to change to reliable and trackable shipping methods on international orders.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 06:24 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:
so_devo wrote:

Why not put in a fraud claim with your credit card company? The TT company can't just take your money and leave you hanging. They have a responsibility to get your order to you and if they didn't fulfill their part of the bargain they owe you at least a refund. Maybe this will be an expensive lesson for them to change to reliable and trackable shipping methods on international orders.

Thanks...tomorrow I will contact with credit card company.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!