OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 04:21


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Armstrong
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 20:58 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31587
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1511 times
Been thanked: 979 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
This manufacturer claims to have been around since 1945... but very few of their products are used or promoted around the world.

I've heard about the Twister and the Attack 8M on this forum, but do they make any other special products?

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 00:36 
Offline
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only
User avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 14:05
Posts: 4566
Location: USA
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
I have bought an Armstrong table tennis paddle and tt outfit over 30 years ago. Don't know what happened to the paddle but I can still fit in the tt outfit. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 06:04 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 06:56
Posts: 801
Location: Cyprus
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
haggisv wrote:
This manufacturer claims to have been around since 1945... but very few of their products are used or promoted around the world.

I've heard about the Twister and the Attack 8M on this forum, but do they make any other special products?

I also have heard a lot about Armstrong Twister and yesterday I ordered one.As you have written I had difficulty to find online shop which sells Armstrong products.At the end ı ordered from Germany.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 00:07 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 10 Dec 2010, 03:37
Posts: 62
Location: Ireland
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
haggisv wrote:
This manufacturer claims to have been around since 1945... but very few of their products are used or promoted around the world.

I've heard about the Twister and the Attack 8M on this forum, but do they make any other special products?


Its true I saw a 3ply that was on Amazon that is not even in the British Table tennis Museum-so I would say true-some of their defensive blades and tables are good quality-as far as I know-so yes it sounds true-or could be true.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 08:21 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31587
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1511 times
Been thanked: 979 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 19:46 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 903
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
haggisv wrote:
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o


is there any information about the armstrong high level blade in there cataloque? I'm curious because the shape is identical to my Juic Nebula. I wonder if the construction is similar.

_________________
Xiom Sigma Pro 2.0
Xiom O4 Asia 2.0
Xiom win with us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 19:52 
Offline
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 21:44
Posts: 1097
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
sunflex wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o


is there any information about the armstrong high level blade in there cataloque? I'm curious because the shape is identical to my Juic Nebula. I wonder if the construction is similar.



there is two types of high level blades...there is the defence one...straight roundish handle with 5 plys equal thickness of basswood and the flared version which is 6 plys of equal thickness basswood


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 20:21 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 903
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
leatherback wrote:
sunflex wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o


is there any information about the armstrong high level blade in there cataloque? I'm curious because the shape is identical to my Juic Nebula. I wonder if the construction is similar.



there is two types of high level blades...there is the defence one...straight roundish handle with 5 plys equal thickness of basswood and the flared version which is 6 plys of equal thickness basswood


I mean the flared one I found some info on the armstrong website. Are you sure that its 6 ply basswood on the iruiru website they're talking about shina wood? Have you tried it yourself?
ARM HI-LEVELシリーズとは、現在の中、高校生で比較的多い軽量ラケットの欠陥を解消した
上級者の為に開発したラケットのシリーズです。
軽量ラケットの欠陥とは、
1.振動が大きい為、返球の安定性が低くなる。
2.ラケット自身の反発力が弱い為、重みの有る球に打ち負ける。
3.軽いラケットに慣れてしまうと、重いラケットに替えた途端にフォームが崩れてしまう。
などです。
そこで、ARM HI-LEVELシリーズは、次の点を改善しました。
1.安定した打球感
2.重量と遠心力から生まれる重くて威力の有る球。
3.ショートでのリターンスピードのアップ。
ARM HI-LEVELは、従来の5枚合板から6枚合板にグレードアップ。
さらにSpeedとControlを強化しました。

この"パワー6枚合板"は、その高い性能を中国選手も認めた、間違い無くハイポテンシャルな
ラケットです。

ボディタイプ シェイクハンド
グリップタイプ フレアー
戦型 ドライブ、速攻
板タイプ シナ柾目合板 6枚
SPEED 10
CONTROL 8
打球感 Hard
重量 90(g)±2(g)
板厚 6.5(mm)/±0.2(mm)
ラケットサイズ 159×152(mm)/±1(mm)
グリップサイズ 104×22×22[35](mm)/±1(mm)
品番 No.246
価格 ¥7,350 (本体¥7,000)

_________________
Xiom Sigma Pro 2.0
Xiom O4 Asia 2.0
Xiom win with us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 23:01 
Offline
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 21:44
Posts: 1097
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
shina is what basswood is called when it is used as laminates....its especially used like that in japan

my father owns a furniture manufacturing business so i get to know whats up with the wood lol :)

i contacted iruiru about a year ago curious about these blades and they explained the characteristics of both to me


what were the characteristics of the nebula?


and no i havent tried the flared version, only the straight breifly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 00:33 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 903
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
leatherback wrote:
shina is what basswood is called when it is used as laminates....its especially used like that in japan

my father owns a furniture manufacturing business so i get to know whats up with the wood lol :)

i contacted iruiru about a year ago curious about these blades and they explained the characteristics of both to me


what were the characteristics of the nebula?


and no i havent tried the flared version, only the straight breifly


I didn't know that thanks for your explanation. Nebula is a 5ply blade 3 ply rosewood+2ply hinoki. It's a very stiff and hard blade, which is very good for flat hitting and blocking. The Hi level also seems to be a very hard and stiff blade. Is basswood also good for flat hitting and blocking?

_________________
Xiom Sigma Pro 2.0
Xiom O4 Asia 2.0
Xiom win with us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 09:08 
Offline
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 21:44
Posts: 1097
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
one of the best, the old style Chinese short pip players, arguably the best in the world all used super stiff basswood blades made by dhs or the even older company shenfung....

i am not sure if it is because of the basswood having a dead yet fast feel similar to that of willow, or is it because of the make up.

equal thickness plays create a very stiff blade which are usually suited to flat hitting and blocking...

armstrong is one of the only manufacturers left that still produce quality basswood blades, i would LOVE to purchase one of the flared versions, but its very hard as i dont speak japanese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 20:58 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 903
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
leatherback wrote:
one of the best, the old style Chinese short pip players, arguably the best in the world all used super stiff basswood blades made by dhs or the even older company shenfung....

i am not sure if it is because of the basswood having a dead yet fast feel similar to that of willow, or is it because of the make up.

equal thickness plays create a very stiff blade which are usually suited to flat hitting and blocking...

armstrong is one of the only manufacturers left that still produce quality basswood blades, i would LOVE to purchase one of the flared versions, but its very hard as i dont speak japanese


wow now you're really forcing me to buy this blade. I always wanted a blade with a similar construction as the old chinese blades. I'm going to buy one.

_________________
Xiom Sigma Pro 2.0
Xiom O4 Asia 2.0
Xiom win with us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 22:38 
Offline
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 21:44
Posts: 1097
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
please let me know how it is!

i am curious as well!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 00:02 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2009, 02:23
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
I recommend AKA Mark 1-3 or 1-5. This SP is all round. U can smash, loop, and block with good control. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 20:14 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 903
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
leatherback wrote:
please let me know how it is!

i am curious as well!


well I finally went ahead and did it, I ordered a Armstrong HI-Level Power 6 version. I will let you know how it plays leatherback.

_________________
Xiom Sigma Pro 2.0
Xiom O4 Asia 2.0
Xiom win with us.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: