OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 05:57 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?scm=100 ... id=&pm_id=

18 dollars

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 09:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Hmmmm Although it would be interesting to see what they're like, I would not encourage anyone to buy a fake one...they should really clamp down on these guys...I bet they fool a lot of innocent people who think they're getting a bargain.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 10:34 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

they got national H3 and what not for a bag of chips.

a friend of mine who bought some fake tnergy before from china and said they are around 85-90% of the real tenergy

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 13:00 

If I can get my order to arrive, then I wouldnt mind trying their "fake" models, since they would probably still play better than "real" rubbers ranging that price, wouldnt they?

Galaxy T-11+
FH: Donic Bluefire M3
BH: SpinLord Dornenglanz II (OX)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 20:17 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

DKPOWA wrote:
If I can get my order to arrive, then I wouldnt mind trying their "fake" models, since they would probably still play better than "real" rubbers ranging that price, wouldnt they?
You are allowed to assume that. I wouldn't. I also wouldn't approve (or even condone) the action of knowingly purchasing a fake, because ...

... buying fakes has some impact beyond the direct consequence of having a possibly inferior rubber for a certainly "inferior" price:
  • You can't be sure about quality control. Some sheets may be good, so you recommend to a friend. What your friend gets is useless so he's going to hate you...
  • Buying fakes support the fakers. That is a crime. (Using a brand you don't have rights to is illegal everywhere. Supporting such use is illegal in most jurisdictions, I would imagine.)
  • Supporting the fakers encourages other fakers. We may be flooded with fakes soon...
  • Supporting the fakers makes life harder for the legitimate makers. If the makers need to spend money to protect their brand, they need to make that money somehow. Ultimately you and I pay the price.
IOW: issues around security, legality, solidarity, etc. etc..
That will have to do for now :) (I'm sure I could think of other consequences if I try.)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 20:53 

Blade: Bty Keyshot light
FH: Nittaku Renanos Hold
BH: Nittaku Narucross EX
DKPOWA wrote:
DKPOWA wrote:

I have tested out one of the fake tenergy 05 and i can assure you that it is no where near the real tenergy and you shouldn't get your hopes up. first of all the one i have used is totally different compared to the real one where as the one i tested out had a white sponge and the top sheet quality isn't consistant in quality it had some rough spots located in different parts of the rubber.

It played like a beginner racket similar to the ones like you get in those low end recreational rackets.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 21:05 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

keme wrote:
DKPOWA wrote:
You are allowed to assume that. I wouldn't. I also wouldn't approve (or even condone) the action of knowingly purchasing a fake, because ...

... buying fakes has some impact beyond the direct consequence of having a possibly inferior rubber for a certainly "inferior" price:
  • You can't be sure about quality control. Some sheets may be good, so you recommend to a friend. What your friend gets is useless so he's going to hate you...
  • Buying fakes support the fakers. That is a crime. (Using a brand you don't have rights to is illegal everywhere. Supporting such use is illegal in most jurisdictions, I would imagine.)
  • Supporting the fakers encourages other fakers. We may be flooded with fakes soon...
  • Supporting the fakers makes life harder for the legitimate makers. If the makers need to spend money to protect their brand, they need to make that money somehow. Ultimately you and I pay the price.
IOW: issues around security, legality, solidarity, etc. etc..
That will have to do for now :) (I'm sure I could think of other consequences if I try.)

well written

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 21:07 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

willyum wrote:
DKPOWA wrote:
DKPOWA wrote:

I have tested out one of the fake tenergy 05 and i can assure you that it is no where near the real tenergy and you shouldn't get your hopes up. first of all the one i have used is totally different compared to the real one where as the one i tested out had a white sponge and the top sheet quality isn't consistant in quality it had some rough spots located in different parts of the rubber.

It played like a beginner racket similar to the ones like you get in those low end recreational rackets.

It will start getting risky , If players return a fake tenergy to a shop as a new one and the shop sells it as real

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:05 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
No one should buy any fake rubbers or blades. This is supporting criminals and like keme says, the affects go much further than just the one purchase. Many of these fakes will be resold to unsuspecting players, maybe you. If it is fake and you buy one, why? Do you plan to make money off it also? Would you knowingly put an inferior rubber on your blade? Why? Just so you can say, "I use Tenergy"?
This is not aimed at any one person. I hope the fake makers get caught. That would "make my day". :)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:42 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I don't support the fakes, but if Butterfly didn't make their Tenergy rubbers so damned expensive there would be a lot less reason for the fakes to be produced. Butterfly is profiteering from Tenergy, so they need to shoulder some blame for creating this opportunity for fakers to build a product they can make something from. I'm guessing there isn't such a market for fakes of the cheaper chinese rubbers or even the mid-range priced rubbers? Of course buyers of Tenergy also have to shoulder some blame for putting up with the ridiculous prices Butterfly charge, thereby feeding the products demand at such prices. |(

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 23:57 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
BTY is not to blame. It is the people willing to pay BTY prices. I have sworn off BTY. I am sure there are players that have lots of money and dont care about the price, then there are sponsored players that dont care about the price. If BTY products made a big difference in my play or even a small difference if I made my living from table tennis, I would pay the price. I do think BTY has better than average quality control.

There are many reasons for BTY prices, all the people they sponsor, great marketing, etc. That is thier right. I found out a long time ago, my artwork sells Better if I put a high price on it. The price has a direct affect on how much someone values a product. I am sure BTY discovered this long before I did. The high prices are part of thier marketing. :)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 01:13 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
hookshot wrote:
BTY is not to blame. It is the people willing to pay BTY prices. I have sworn off BTY. I am sure there are players that have lots of money and dont care about the price, then there are sponsored players that dont care about the price. If BTY products made a big difference in my play or even a small difference if I made my living from table tennis, I would pay the price. I do think BTY has better than average quality control.

There are many reasons for BTY prices, all the people they sponsor, great marketing, etc. That is thier right. I found out a long time ago, my artwork sells Better if I put a high price on it. The price has a direct affect on how much someone values a product. I am sure BTY discovered this long before I did. The high prices are part of thier marketing. :)

Until I got sponsored, I paid $$$ for one sheet of T05 every 2 months or so. It cost only around $55 a sheet in Korea (at the TA9.com shop) until BTY Korea finally jacked up the price significantly. No that I get a few rubbers every couple months and I have found them both to work very well on the TBS, I have zero need for Tenergy. BTY can kiss off and fall off the edge of the earth for all I care. They still make some great blades and apparrel that sometimes is a pretty decent value.

Counterfeiters will exist in any niche where there are high priced products and suckers ready to buy them.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter