OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Japsko
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 00:41 

Hey all,
As I said in the introduction topic, I just started playing TT again after a 10 (ish) year long break. In the first session I found out that my old Mark V M2 sheets were more or less dead, in fact one of them had turned into an anti. I asked around at the local club where they buy their equipment, and they recommended Japsko.

So I checked out the website and browsed a little, and found out that they are based not far from where I live - about a 45 minute long bus drive. I mailed them to see if it was ok that I came for a visit, since I figured I'd need some help in choosing a good setup. Having been away from the scene for 10 years and hardly knowing much about equipment when I left made me think that was the best choice. The same day I got an answer that that was just fine and we booked a time for my visit.
A couple of days later there I was in their home - which is their base of operations - talking directly to them. After some discussing back and forth we decided on my current setup:
KTL Red Diamond (apparently there's a difference between this and the LKT Red Diamond? I'm not sure) for my forehand and the CTT National Strike for my backhand, on a Japsko Allround+ blade. It genuinely felt like they were trying to help me find the right setup rather than sell me their most expensive stuff.
After we agreed on my setup, they offered me coffee while they assembled my new bat. For this I was grateful since last time I'm not really sure how to do it properly. Might as well let the pros handle it for now.

All in all the experience was a very pleasant one, and they seemed to know about how good a player I am from just talking to me a little. Not to mention that the setup is really spot on. I might want something a bit faster for my backhand now, but I got what I asked for.
So I just wanted to share with you this story, because I was quite amazed by how nice they were and how well it turned out. A week earlier I had been to a store in the capital and asked them to help me, and the setup he recommended me was about twice as expensive. Probably due to them not having any cheap Chinese rubbers in stock, but still ;)

As far as shipping is concerned, of course I can't really speak for that since I got my bat in my hand, but they seemed just about as professional as anyone.

(another fun thing is that Lars turned me on to a course in playing with long pips he'll be holding by the end of September. I'm super psyched since I've never ever played with or against pips at all :clap: )

Post subject: Re: Japsko
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 02:10 
Incredible Shrinking Man

I have only talked to Lars Borg and Britt-Louise by mail.. And they sounds like very
nice people... And very informative about there blades and rubbers.
About shipping.. Very fast and reliable.... It is ½ a year since I
bought some thing from Lars .. But then hes prices were with shipping
to all over the world.... I dont know if they still is...

I can highly recommend Japsko, maybe not for there prices
but for very high service and helpfulness..... :clap:

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 02:16 

Yup, Lars at least is a trainer of some merit and really knows his stuff. They specialize in long pips stuff since Lars himself is a defensive player, but they try to keep up with what the Chinese elite are playing with just for fun, so there are quite a few backside rubbers there as well. I think they even have some Tenergy sheets now.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 02:42 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

Knorben wrote:
Yup, Lars at least is a trainer of some merit and really knows his stuff. They specialize in long pips stuff since Lars himself is a defensive player, but they try to keep up with what the Chinese elite are playing with just for fun, so there are quite a few backside rubbers there as well. I think they even have some Tenergy sheets now.

yeah funny think is that their Chinese product is 2x what it is from china( including shipping :P). and its pretty easy to order from china

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 03:03 

Which is quite ridiculous considering that stuff from other brands (Stiga, Donic, Butterfly, etc) cost at least twice as much as the China rubbers from Japsko :|
I don't mind them charging a bit extra for the Chinese rubbers, though... The service they provide is very much worth it.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 07:26 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

i suppose that pays off + at the end of the day if you get faulty chinese or any other product from them you can always go up to them and get a refund/replacement. which is a bit harder to do when ordering form china

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 06:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have only positive things to say about Japsko. I have ordered a lot from them and one time I got a sheet with a bubble between the top sheet and the sponge. I just e-mailed and asked what to do. Lars said that this can happen with chinese rubbers and he sent me another one for free - just like that.

Anyhow, about pricing. I also noticed that some products are almost cheaper at Japsko than at Eacheng. KTL Golden star costs 230 SEK at Japsko and $32 at Eacheng. That is about the same price (depending on how much a dollar costs for the moment).

I know Lars vists OOAK forum sometimes (and I give him a few tips also about new products) to read about what we say about different lp's and perhaps to find out what new ones might fit into Japsko's buissness.

Perhaps Lars might be interested in having his own username and perhaps his own space here?

Knorben, I am glad that you could attend that course. I wanted to (like the last 4 of them) but I simply live a little too far away (Göteborg) to fit it into my life. It would be nice if you could give us some feedback on how your journey into darker waters works out. I have heard that Hans Thalin is a very good trainer when it comes to youths and playing with anti/pips.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 07:04 

I'll be sure to give you a nice review of that course. I'll also have the privilege to play at the same club where Hans Thalin works as a trainer one week a month, so I'm really psyched to meet him. I've heard very good things about him.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 07:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Knorben wrote:
I'll be sure to give you a nice review of that course. I'll also have the privilege to play at the same club where Hans Thalin works as a trainer one week a month, so I'm really psyched to meet him. I've heard very good things about him.

Do you think you will be trying lp or anti or some sp (short pimples) as your regular setup, or do you attend to the course just to learn more about these materials?

I started playing again 4 years ago, after 20 years break. I continued with Stiga Clipper but I changed from PF4 to Hurricane 3 on FH and from Double Fish 830 to Globe 999 1,5 mm on BH. But after 6 moths, when I had played against lp a couple of times, I got a little curious. I have always liked to play away from the table a bit, and sometimes even chop a little at that distance. But my first intent was to use pimples to stay at the table blocking. But when I, 4 moths later, tried more chopping I noticed how much fun it was. And I started to play more and more like a modern defender.

Perhaps you will move in the same direction ;) To the dark side :devil: :devil: :devil:

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 17:46 

I hope I will try that. I'm not very good at defending at all, but it seems quite fun playing around with LPs. I've already started chopping some. Thing is that I currently chop with my CTT National Strike - a super tacky rubber. Not so popular with my sparring partner ;)

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 06:21 

Japsko are awesome. Friendly, knowledgable and super helpful. Even if you may be able to get slightly better prices elsewhere you know that you're not going to get a fake and that they'll help you out if there's a problem with the product. Highly recommended!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 03:28 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I notice on the website that Japsko seems to have new owners! Does anyone know about this, and know the people?

Quote:
Dear customer, from August 2016 we are the new owner of Japsko! We will do everything to continue the business in the same spirit as Britt-Louise and Lars have done - excellent service and good knowledge about our products.
All the best.
// Anton Åkesson & Per Åkesson