OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 01:45 

Blade: Nittaku Latika Flared
FH: Xiom Vega Intro 2.0mm
BH: Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm
I ordered from an Eacheng avatar on aliexpress.
The package came on the 15th day.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2018, 21:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

AliExpress seems to be getting faster with time, in general. I was very surprised when a couple packages I ordered during the Chinese New Year break showed up in two weeks! They shipped a couple days after CNY. Maybe it was the one vendor, but I'd heard that the postal services themselves get clogged up during the holidays because all the staff are off for the entire week. Apparently not in this case..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 00:52 

Blade: Nittaku Latika Flared
FH: Xiom Vega Intro 2.0mm
BH: Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm
Eacheng avatar on aliexpress, new record. 9 days after order processed, 13 days total.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 16:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow.. My Toxic 3 arrived from Eacheng. Actually I ordered it off one of their ebay stores, it did take about 3 weeks to show up, as usual. BUT here's the interesting part - they shipped it EMS!! EMS is usually an expensive option, here the shipping was free. And instead of bits of thin Styrofoam packaging they used one of those inflatable padding things like Amazon uses - instead of a couple big "pillows" it was like a pack of wieners! Should take some photos. Tempted to order another blade just to see how it's packed.

The Toxic 3? Looks like a sub-6mm blade with a thick core and 1.1mm thick face plies. Yup, three ply. The face plies look like obeche - not very Hock-esque. Will varnish it this afternoon, but I need to receive my sheets of 802 before I can rubber it up.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 20:32 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I also just received a blade from Echeng, New New store on Ali Express. Ordered on 1st, arrived on 10th, and that was free shipping . Came with the "wiener" packing, which is good.

I have noticed that if anything is shipped from Singapore, it seems to take longer. On Saturday 7th, an order from Sports 100 (also Echeng) arrived from Singapore, but was ordered on 16th March. I have noticed this with other orders, but probably not enough to draw conclusions. And frankly, not really long enough to worry about anyway.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My sheet of Dawei 388B (OX short pips) arrived today (as well as a couple of sheets of 729-802 from Playa PingPong). It, too, was shipped using EMS. Hmmm..

I don't think they actually ship from Singapore, but they do use Singapore Post sometimes. How, I don't know - apparently a bunch of non-Chinse postal companies have operations in China. I've seen Swiss Post, DHL (which is actually the Dutch postal service), even Pos Malaysia being used for packages from China. Eacheng's shipping address is always in Tianjin, on this last package it was written in English. (On the Playa PingPong package the return address was written in Chinese with the Roman alphabet - imagine that! 1#98#1 jiang dong jie dao yi wu shi jin hua shi zhe jiang sheng...)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 20:56 
Super User

Just received another shipment from New-New on Aliexpress. 8 days from order to arrival. This is not bad, especially when considering it sometimes takes longer to get a book delivered within England.

(Was a little disappointed that they only sent two cover sheets with 4 rubbers, until I remembered that 2 of them are pips out. :oops: )

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 13:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Weird.. latest package arrived (a sheet of 802 OX from 365 Shopping). They used Swedish Post! Same classier packaging, though.. and it took three weeks. On AliExpress the shipping method was listed as "AliExpress Standard Shipping". Apparently, the shipper sends it to AliExpress's shipping center and AliExpress parcels it out to one of several international logistics companies:

http://activities.aliexpress.com/aliexp ... ipping.php

Apparently this is cheaper/more convenient for the vendor.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 13:47 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Recieved a package in record time today. I happened to log in and it gave me a $4 discount off any order over $5. A bit absurd but thats what it was so bought the 2 in 1 Corbor which including postage cost me AUD 2.74. Ridiculous.

Anyway, ordered on 17th June 2018 and received today 28th June 2018 to country SA. Thats 11 calendar days or 9 working days. Incredible.

Note that the postage option was Epacket which seems to be the fastest.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 10:32 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Cobalt wrote:
Recieved a package in record time today. I happened to log in and it gave me a $4 discount off any order over $5. A bit absurd but thats what it was so bought the 2 in 1 Corbor which including postage cost me AUD 2.74. Ridiculous.

Anyway, ordered on 17th June 2018 and received today 28th June 2018 to country SA. Thats 11 calendar days or 9 working days. Incredible.

Note that the postage option was Epacket which seems to be the fastest.

Even better, I recently placed my first order with Eacheng. Some cheap custom made bats for some beginners at our club. I ordered on 6 August using ePacket as the cheapest shipping option. Shipped 8 August and received today 14 August. That’s 8 days (6 workdays) from ordering and I live in country NSW. I was expecting to wait much longer.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 08:52 
Super User

I placed an order with XVT TT via Aliexpress on 21st July. Still "in transit in country of origin", which makes it my worst time so far. My experience should have told me to buy from XVT International. They are a pound or two more expensive, but I think that goes on the delivery, as they are much quicker.

Incidentally, in the meantime I have placed three other orders, with GH Sports and Chinese Ping Pong, all of which have arrived, well within 2 weeks.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 21:45 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I think it's a bit of the luck of the draw. A while back I bought a couple of things from Eacheng 2 days apart but they arrived a few weeks apart.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 10:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darucla wrote:
I placed an order with XVT TT via Aliexpress on 21st July. Still "in transit in country of origin", which makes it my worst time so far. My experience should have told me to buy from XVT International. They are a pound or two more expensive, but I think that goes on the delivery, as they are much quicker.

Incidentally, in the meantime I have placed three other orders, with GH Sports and Chinese Ping Pong, all of which have arrived, well within 2 weeks.

I think the two XVTs are actually the exact same people, they have two different "shops" so they can make some extra money off some unsuspecting people - why they don't try to disguise it the way Eacheng does is beyond me.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 20:20 
Super User

Yes, I know they are the same company. But I find, from a small sample admittedly, that the "International" shop is much quicker for deliveries. There are one or two items that they sell that are not available on Eacheng stores, and XVT is then the place to go. But every time I order from XVT TT, it takes a long time. Just had the status upgraded to arrived in UK, so there is no problem with non-delivery, just the time taken. And even then, to be honest, it's only just over 3 weeks.

In fact literally just this moment arrived.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 21:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Is there a difference in shipping method between the two stores? I notice they're employing several different logistics companies these days rather than rely on China Post exclusively.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next