OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 21:19 
The King

A friend of mine is going to China in a month or so and I'd like him to bring a few rubbers/blades for me. As I don't really want him to go hunting around for TT shops what would be a good place to order online?

Eacheng is mostly aimed at people outside of China I think so I'm looking for reliable taobao sellers and other online shops. I can have stuff sent to his family so the order will already be there when he arrives.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 01:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Eacheng is everywhere - they probably have a huge presence on TaoBao, which is the Chinese equivalent of ebay/Amazon. Problem is 1) you need a Chinese address and 2) you need to know how to read Chinese!

As for table tennis shops - I would be surprised if there weren't table tennis retailers - though they might not be large shops. Bookstores probably sell a lot of table tennis equipment in China, they definitely do so here.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 04:21 
The King

iskandar taib wrote:
Eacheng is everywhere - they probably have a huge presence on TaoBao, which is the Chinese equivalent of ebay/Amazon. Problem is 1) you need a Chinese address and 2) you need to know how to read Chinese!

As for table tennis shops - I would be surprised if there weren't table tennis retailers - though they might not be large shops. Bookstores probably sell a lot of table tennis equipment in China, they definitely do so here.

Iskandar

I have an address in china I can use(family of my friend and he can help me ordering, I was just wondering if there are any other reliable online shops and/or reliable taobao sellers.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 17:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd say find out what name(s) Eacheng uses on TaoBao, they're extremely reliable. Other than that, Yinhe sells directly on TaoBao, there are certain items _I_ want that they sell directly but they don't sell otherwise (such as "training" rubber, "Kawatsuki" sponge and Yinhe Kiso blades).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 17:29 
The King

I'll have a look around on taobao and see what I can find. For the special yinhe stuff you could maybe try contacting Cole Ely (Colestt.com), he seems to have good connections at yinhe. Or Galaxysport.de, there you can even order custom yinhe blades.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 01:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Took me a while to find it again but here is Yinhe's TaoBao presence:

https://yinhett.world.taobao.com/

These are unobtainium elsewhere, but here they're RMB290 (about USD45 IIRC):

http://world.taobao.com/item/18698149137.htm

Funny - Taobao now seems to be aware of where I am! :lol: I did manage to order one through my local Yinhe dealer (tenryu.com.my), cost a little more than that. I want to try a 5 ply, maybe I'll get them to order another one. I tried to special order one through Eacheng, that's the only time they ever failed me!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 06:31 
The King

Yes I found their taobao shop earlier today. I tried accessing taobao through a hong Kong VPN because I always get redirected to taobao international. I suspect prices are lower on the Chinese version.

BTW this is the sponge you mean I guess?

Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1445806866262.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445806866262.jpg [ 52.9 KiB | Viewed 3849 times ]

Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1445806829185.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445806829185.jpg [ 54.25 KiB | Viewed 3849 times ]

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 16:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, that's the stuff. It includes the skin where the sponge meets the mold. This is supposedly what Kawatsuki sponge was - a serendipitious use of what was once (and now is, again) thrown away.

Iskandar