OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 04:19 

Dear Friends,

I am Ph.D. scientist and also a table tennis player. I have been playing table tennis for over 30 years. My style is forehand smooth and back hand long pip OX. My rating bounces up and down around 1950. I am playing three to four times a week in the Los Angeles area.

I change my rubber often. For years I used solvent based adhesives. It wrinkled my long pip OX rubber and was very hard to use. Some other adhesives in the market are difficult to remove when changing rubber, with or without sponge.

Being an expert in adhesive technology, I decided to spend the time to develop a new adhesive that would work well for table tennis player like you and me. I screened many ingredients and and tried many different formulation methods, and finally came up with an adhesive that I really like. The result is "Innoglue Table Tennis Glue". It is for all types of rubber, with or without sponge.

I was able to incorporate many desirable features into this glue:

1. Water Based, Non-toxic. Complies with the new ITTF Glue Safety Rule.
2. Only apply to the rubber side. No need to apply to the wood side.
3. Adhesion is secure and may feel better control.
4. Contains elastic polymeric microspheres for enhanced performance.
5. Most rubbers with sponge can be removed from most blades cleanly. Then it can be attached to another blade without applying more glue.
6. Clean removable from most wood. If there is residue on certain wood, it can be removed easily by rubbing away.
7. It does not wrinkle OX sheets. Some friends said the ball floats a lot more when using with this glue with OX long pip rubber.

The adhesive is highly concentrated. Very high efficiency. No need to apply more than a thin, smooth layer of it.

This glue is available at Amazon.com. Please give it a try. SALE price for the holidays

http://www.amazon.com/iNNOGLUE-Table-Te ... ennis+glue

We also developed a new Rubber cleaner...It is a thick foam cleaner with disinfectant and antioxidant.

http://www.amazon.com/iNNOGLUE-Table-Te ... is+cleaner

Thanks.

Innoglue Inc
ppscientific

Attachments:
Rubber Glue instruction 110915.pdf [145.93 KiB]
Downloaded 310 times
Table tennis glue and cleaner flyer.pdf [482.96 KiB]
Downloaded 305 times

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 04:38 

i am a long-pip player and a fellow player of ppscientific(edited 12/15)
i found this glue most useful for OX rubbers.
when you apply the glue, the OX sheet does not wrinkle or expand in size,
and the bond is stronger than conventional glue. You will get more chopping power.
you can also peel the rubber sheet off the paddle and attach to another paddle without applying the glue.

i highly recommend this wonderful glue :D

Last edited by spicaofla on 16 Dec 2015, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 16:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Interesting, thanks for posting. :up:

I see it includes some sort of Spatula to spread the glue, so I assume the glue is relatively thick? I can imagine that for OX rubbers, especially long pimple with thin base-sheets, it's not easy to get a thin and even layer, because it will show up very easily.

You lost me a little with "Contains elastic polymeric microspheres for enhanced performance". Can you explain what the enhancement in performance is?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 17:04 

Dear havgisv:

Thanks for your interest.

The adhesive is relatively thick. It has very high solids content, thus high efficiency. It is designed for both easy spreading (would not run when applied) and fast drying. If lower viscosity is desired, it can easily be diluted by adding a small amount of water to it and stir.

Polymeric Microspheres are used for two purposes:

1. To ensure Long Term Removability of rubber from wood. I placed one Kg weight on top of a racket and put it in a 60 degree C oven over night. I found that the rubber could still be removes cleanly from wood.

This is the same technology that 3M uses in "post it note"... to ensure long term removablity of the adhesive from surfaces that it sticks to. 3M optimized the technology for paper stickers. I have optimized the adhesive technology for providing longer term removability of table tennis rubber from wood.

2. The microspheres are highly crosslinked polymer molecules in the form of soft, tiny rubber balls with diameter of about 50 microns. It is very elastic and has very little tendency to flow. It is less "lossy" then other regular tacky glues. Hence it would provide better elasticity then other tacky glues. One can feel this effect more when using OX rubbers or rubbers with softer sponge.

This adhesive provides new capabilities for table tennis players...like you and me.

Best Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 19:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thank you ppscientific! :up:

It's great to see you have a proper scientific explanation for your claims, and they make sense to me! :up:

We tend to get bombarded these days by the major TT manufacturers with fancy scientific terms that sound impressive but have little meaning with no basis for their claims. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 03:53 

Dear haggisv:

Thanks for the comment.

I worked for a major adhesive company in the US, in R&D, for about 20 years before I started my own business about 10 years ago. Being a table tennis player myself, I have been wanting to formulate an "ideal" table tennis glue for our community. This year, I finally found the time to go into the lab myself, and developed this "Innoglue Table Tennis Glue".

This is a brand new product from a not-so-well-known company :) . I am eager to have more people try it and give me feedback, to direct me for further improvement, if needed.

Can you give me some advise on how to gain more exposure for this product in your forum?

Best Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 06:34 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I am not haggisv, but my suggestion is that you offer a limited number of free samples of your products to people on this board in exchange for comparative reviews of the products to be placed on this site, or possibly this thread.

In my opinion, your opening post in this thread, followed very quickly by the 2nd post smelled somewhat of astroturfing. Perhaps it was not. If you had asked that person to post a recommendation, then they should have acknowledged that. Transparency and all that.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 08:15 

Dear Retriver,

Thanks for the response. I would like to have you as a friend... :) Actually, if you have known me as a person before, you would not think that I arranged this response. I did not.

I was a Technical Director at the R&D Center of a fortune 500 adhesives company in the US, and have over 20 patents credited to my innovation. I can not imagine myself doing stupid things like arranging a response on this forum.

It happened like this:

1. I made the glue and was selling it at Amazon and also locally at my club.
2. The responded person, who is a long pip player at my club bought a bottle from me and tried it.
3. The person really liked it and recommended it to his friends at a different Club in Orange County, CA. That club ordered 4 bottles right away.
4. The person told me he is a member of this forum, where he logs on to learn long pip skills. He wanted to write a review about this adhesive in the forum.
5. He said I need to join the forum and post about the adhesive first. He said I should write the post as the person who invented this glue. I did that.
6. He told me as soon as I post, he would respond and post, and he did that.
7. I did not know what he was going to say before he posted his response. Certainly did not expect a picture of glue in his post. Nice of him. thanks.
8. The above is as transparent as it can be...and it is all true.

So far, my customers like the glue very much. They use it on rubbers with sponge, as well as on OX. It works. I just need to know more about how well it would work for a wide range of different rubbers, different blades, different people, and under various environmental conditions.

I hope we know each other better now... my friend...:)

TABLE TENNIS IS FOR THE JOY OF LIFE. ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH IT SHOULD BE FUN...SAYS PPSCIENTIFIC.

Sincerely,
ppscientific

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 09:17 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
I know there might not be much you can do about it, but the postage costs to Australia are prohibitive. For example, if I put 2 x 55mL jars of Innoglue in my Amazon cart, they are USD25.98. Standard shipping & handling comes to USD31.98, for a total of USD57.96.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 18:18 
The King

How does this glue compare to 3m remount (http://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-ReMount-Spra ... B000I6PM7W) and hg no slip (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001NUI ... RFQ5TJ4XPB) ?

I've used the no slip, the bond is just strong enough for ox pips but not strong enough for inverted rubbers. The 3m spray is a bit too expensive to try but from reviews I'd say the bond is not very strong either.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 21:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

hangdog wrote:
I know there might not be much you can do about it, but the postage costs to Australia are prohibitive. For example, if I put 2 x 55mL jars of Innoglue in my Amazon cart, they are USD25.98. Standard shipping & handling comes to USD31.98, for a total of USD57.96.

Yeah, it's a sad fact that shipping anything from the US these days costs a great deal of money, and I imagine it's even worse if it's shipped to Australia. I'm thinking the only way to save some money is to buy a lot of something and then sell off some of it when you get it.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 23:17 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Yeah, it's a sad fact that shipping anything from the US these days costs a great deal of money, and I imagine it's even worse if it's shipped to Australia. I'm thinking the only way to save some money is to buy a lot of something and then sell off some of it when you get it.

I will have to wait until later this year and ask my brother in Ithaca to be my glue mule.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2016, 08:45 

To: Hangdog and iskandar taib:

Thanks for your interest in Innoglue Table Tennis Glue. I hope we can set up a way to supply to Australia.

Our listing on Amazon was set up to sell "one bottle at a time", and therefore, the shipping charge becomes high for international customers when multiple bottles are purchased. If you would order multiple bottles at one time, I will charge the actual shipping cost for sending multiple bottles to Australia. For example, if you order 6 bottles, the shipping charge would be about $4 each bottle. If you order 8 or 10 bottles, average shipping charge would be even lower. I do not have the actual number, but is could even be close to $3 per bottle. (I believe these costs are about right, but please allow me to confirm the actual cost.)

If you are interested, I could quickly set up an item on Amazon that would make shipping cost very reasonable for international customers who purchase multiple bottles at one time.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2016, 09:00 

Dear Elvis 56,

Innoglue Table Tennis Rubber Glue can be used with both rubber with sponge and OX. When needed, the rubber can be peeled off without hurting the wood or rubber.

Best Regards,
ppscientific

Last edited by ppscientific on 13 Mar 2016, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2016, 09:52 
Super User

ppscientific wrote:
To: Hangdog and iskandar taib:

Thanks for your interest in Innoglue Table Tennis Glue. I hope we can set up a way to supply to Australia.

Our listing on Amazon was set up to sell "one bottle at a time", and therefore, the shipping charge becomes high for international customers when multiple bottles are purchased. If you would order multiple bottles at one time, I will charge the actual shipping cost for sending multiple bottles to Australia. For example, if you order 6 bottles, the shipping charge would be about $4 each bottle. If you order 8 or 10 bottles, average shipping charge would be even lower. I do not have the actual number, but is could even be close to $3 per bottle. (I believe these costs are about right, but please allow me to confirm the actual cost.)

Hi Ken,

That would be great, thank you. If I can round up enough locals to make at least a 6-bottle purchase, then I'm in! From a ≥6-bottle shipment, I would happily take 2 bottles for myself.

Does anybody in Melbourne want in on a group buy of Innoglue 55mL bottles?