OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 May 2016, 20:04 

HANDMADE BLADE----------- MADE IN ITALY QUALITY

http://www.animusblade.it/

https://www.facebook.com/AnimusBlade.it/

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_po ... N=3#931596

http://tennis-tavolo.com/threads/finalm ... ost-514029

PostPosted: 10 May 2016, 22:46 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I want to try these... Very good looking! Thumbs up!

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 14:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
The only thing I could read was the prices lol....look pretty expensive!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 15:54 

expensive ?
They are handmade and you can customize
how much it costs to do the same with one of the most popular brands ?

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 19:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ahem:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/animus

:lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 20:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually... VERY interesting. The blade shape looks very, er, Re-Impactish. You can choose from several head sizes (three in some cases, two in others), the shape of the handle (I'll assume concave and straight), and the wood used in the handle (paulownia or "rovere" - no idea what "rovere" is). (I am assuming "manico" = handle.) Prices range from EUR80-170. The EUR170 blade seems to be a 8mm single ply cypress blade (no, the grain isn't vertical - it's diagonal, which is strange..). Handles aren't especially pretty, more workmanlike. Logo is laser-burned in. I like the way the blades are portrayed, wonder if the cutaways are photoshopped or real. Can't imagine it's real. Butterfly could perhaps afford to gratuitously destroy a blade for advertising photos, I don't think these people can.

The above blade is the "Saturnus serie 1 – 6+3 – DEF+", a 9 ply blade. The plies are listed as "limba, limba, twill, ayous, carbonbiax, ayous, twill, limba, limba" (this seems to be in English, anyway, mostly - "carbonbiax"?? - probably carbon set at a bias like the Stiga items). What's "twill"?? Cotton??? It's a defensive blade, fairly heavy (89g) and thin (4.4mm). There's a couple of asymmetrical blades, too.

The English option doesn't seem to be working. It's not too difficult to guess what the Italian means, though. "Controllo" is obviously "Control".. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 00:03 

A lot of information on the materials and composition of the frames can be found on the Italian forum , (I understand that it is not always easy to translate ) .
In any case, just take advantage of facebook or send an email via the contact section of the animus blade site to get all the information in English .
Claudio Barbieri the maker of blade comes from building racing boats is a very helpful person as well as a deep knowledge of various types of wood and various fibers .
Many of the materials that today there are proposed as innovative in the construction of the ping-pong blade in other areas (such as in boats ) have been used for many years.

The carbonbiax (carbonio biassiale) features is like butterfly tamca5000
the carbon DYF1515 "TEXTREEME" 45° is like stiga carbonado 145
many variations exist with regard to the carbon-based fibers for now by using the characteristics sought has opted for the use of these two .
But attention is not only the materials to give certain game features a blade ; glues , the thicknesses and the seasoning of the various woods are a crucial component as well as the quality of raw materials

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 00:54 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Sounds interesting... Sign me up for trial/testing blades if you have any such promotion program...

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 01:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually, I've noticed that blade makers will use every and any woven (and nonwoven) composite material that exists, and when they find a new one, for a while everyone will claim they've discovered the magic material that will take over the world of blades. If it's available, they'll use it - carbon, Kevlar/aramid, arylate, arylate-carbon, Kevlar-carbon, 3K carbon, 6K carbon (this is the most common sort), carbon woven on a bias (the 45 degree stuff - it's been available for years, people have been using it on airplanes and in models, and it's got the 45 degree bias weave because carbon laid down 45 degrees to the length of a wing makes the wing torsionally stiffer), carbon veil (Sanwei's "thin carbon"), fiberglass, titanium, more recently Zylon and basalt fibers. Even Texalium (which is simply decorative glass cloth). Everyone will get very excited by the latest fiber, and then things die down until the next thing comes along. Witness Yinhe's Z7 and Z5 basalt fiber bats - everyone was oohing and ahing about them, posts all over the forums, and today, not much talk about basalt fibers at all! Why? Probably because it probably doesn't behave much more differently than other fibers do in blades.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 02:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

iskandar taib wrote:

Oh dear |( :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 02:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

andras wrote:
expensive ?
They are handmade and you can customize
how much it costs to do the same with one of the most popular brands ?

Well, I'm in Australia, so the EUR prices are multiplied by 1.55 in our dollars. So they seem expensive (not saying they're not worth the money). Obviously the big blade makers won't do custom, but at least you can get reasonably objective information about their products. These are obviously fairly new, so getting objective info is difficult. And for the record, Butterfly blades are mostly expensive too! But at least I can buy one in Aud and know what I am getting for the money. I couldn't see the Gergely Tamca 5000 clone on your website either. How much is it?

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 03:44 

Me are not the seller of this blade me are only a tester :clap:

more similar is the the neptunus 2 (is my blade ;) ) but is inner carbon the touch is more soft you may see description and image in the N°1 page MYTT forum post :up:

the wood composition is like butterfly viscaria but is inner carbon
this week me test the textreme 45 version.

I know that the exchange rate with the euro is not beneficial , but on this I can not help it , I know for a fact that several users forum Mytt are starting to try the animus blade .
Online sellers who have them on sale , among others
tabletennis11 saletabletennis and soon will also be found by German retailers

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 03:57 

I tried the basalt with blade soulspintt
fantastic grip, exceptional finishes, the game features, however, have not impressed me, everyone has his hand and sensitivity in addition to the clear attitudes to a certain type of game, not to mention the type of rubber that are used; the one we're trying to do with the animus blade is to have a satisfactory choice of a basic blade with certain characteristics but that everyone can customize.
Let me give you my example I left from the base of the butterfly viscaria (neptunus series 1 is a viscaria cloned) but I wanted a blade where you feel the difference between a very short support and a forced shot in add me wanted a soft touch that would increase the "dwell time "so that you have potentially a great spin on service and open loop even with the new 40+ plastic balls.
after about a year of tests was born neptunus serie 2 and after about another 2 months went into production because many in Italy trying prototype requested that type of blade.
most of blade are born by custom blade and after are went into "ordinary" production.
In Italy you can be sending test blade do not know if this option is possible for all country but to ask if someone is interested enough with the usual e-mail

Last edited by andras on 12 May 2016, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 04:09 

why are proposed many blade is asymmetric because in Italy it makes much use of anti-top frictionless long pimple ox and frictionless as well know players who use this type of material is used to block short but on the other hand serves to pull the "kill loop " in this situation the right asymmetric helps a lot .

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 04:31 

A different product but that makes the idea of building standards by ANIMUS

http://www.animusbike.it