OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016, 19:19 

Hello,

Currently I am considering the production of some new training equipment for table tennis. The system is aiming to train a person to not only serve in the correct positions accurately but also allow the user to be playing a perfectly natural point up until he/she goes for the winner by aiming at the target. Along side of this the target is aimed to be designed so that it holds the ball after the shot has been taken. This is to remove the time wasted in picking up the balls from around the room as they will be collected in a small net. The product may be designed to allow storage space for both the bats and the balls when not is use as well as being able to fold to be made easily transportable. But...

I have a few questions first to make sure this product is as perfect as it can be for the community of table tennis players.
Here they are:

1) How much would you be willing to pay for the product described?
2) Do you think you would buy the product based on the description so far or is there something else you would like the product to do?
3) What sort of size would you want the folded product's size to be?
4) And finally, do you feel that if you had this product that there is a high chance it could actually improve your performance based on the description?

Many thanks for taking the time to read through this questionnaire and I hope that you may just take another few minutes to answer the questions asked.

Imhotep.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 17:15 

Hello,
Once again could I please ask for some replies?
Imhotep.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 19:42 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I don't understand what it is, some kind of robot, a target or something else. Does it return the ball so you can play a point? I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 05:57 

hey there,
thank you for asking, sorry that i did not make it clear.
The product has mo mechanical parts and is not a robot. The basic idea is that it is able to send back the ball to you as you would do if you were to bounce them off of a wall; like a single player game. Also it has the added feature which means that you can switch from straight forward single player to aiming at a particular place on the table for a winning shot. So basically imagine playing against someone in a rally and then switching to the winning shot. This product allows you to play against yourself and then tests to see if you can accurately hit the target for the winning shot. If you do then it stays placed in the collecting net, in not the back net will collect the ball which missed. If you need any more information please ask. Currently the idea is open to alterations so if you have any other wanted features please say so so that I can redesign and put them in. Currently this is a concept but next year it will be built!!!
Again many thanks, I hope I helped clear things up.
Imhotep.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 12:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Sounds like a "return board". There are lots of these on the market already, just search YouTube. How is yours any different from these? Other than the hole with the attached net, I suppose...

Do you play table tennis seriously (in a club or tournaments rather than knocking around in a basement)? If you do, you'll know why "The product may be designed to allow storage space for both the bats and the balls when not is use" is a big turn-off... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 17:25 

yes I do play table tennis, in fact I play in the Polish official team for table tennis. my product is very much like you said it was; a return board, and yes it does have a hole/net but more than one! Yet again I have spent another day looking through the market to see if one such table has yet been designed and I have not found any so if there is so many could you please send me a link to this table so I can inspect it. Also I am wondering if you actually read my introduction to this forum? I said there that there could be the option of storing the bats and balls but the question I asked you to answer for me was the size you want the product to be when it is folded up? If you don't mind then I could have the option of storing the balls and bats but if you want it to be as small as possible then I will remove this option.

Again, if you have any questions please ask...

Imhotep.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 07:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmmm!!! Were you on the team that came down to Kuala Lumpur for the ITTC some months back? I might've seen you playing!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29407

As to the size when it's folded up.. as small as is practical. Maybe the size of a briefcase including the supports, shouldn't weigh more than, say, 5 kilograms. It should also be quick to put up. I've been wanting to build a return board for a long time but I'd have to haul it to the playing site, set it up and tear it down each time, and no where to store at the playing site. One reason I ended up getting an iPong v300 rather than a more sophisticated robot - it breaks down and fits into an IKEA tote bag with 100 balls and the catch net.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 18:16 

hello,
thank you for that very useful information. i will take it all into account when i begin the designs for the product. unfortunately i was not at the meeting in Kuala Lumpa as when i said i was on the Polish official team i meant the official junior's team. i joined aged 15 and im now 17 but one day i will probably attend. next year i would have finished building my product and will probably take it down there. if you want to arrange a meeting there you could try it out and see what you think of it seen as it will be based on what you thought was best?
again many thanks and keep the suggestions coming!
Imhotep.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 17:30 

hello again,
lots of views but not too many replies? please just a quick reply with your opinion is all i ask for.
thanks,
Imhotep.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 09:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I still have trouble visualising what you're trying to make, and I suspect this is why you're not getting responses from others either. If you posted a picture of something that's the closest to your current design (or perhaps a rough sketch), and asked for additions/improvement, I think you might get more responses.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 12:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

To me it sounds like a return board with holes ("targets") in it. With nets attached to the back to catch balls that go through the holes.

As with other return boards - the devil is in the details. The way they're constructed and mounted vary a lot and influence how well they work, how versatile they are and how difficult they are to set up and take down. Lots and lots of examples on YouTube. I'm most impressed with a certain German model that mounts on rails along the sides of the table.

Iskandar